• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Balatro has sold 2 million copies

Draugoth

Gold Member

GUYqX8lX0AA9_bA

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Totally deserves the success. That game is digital crack.

RedC

One of the most bang for your buck game in terms of replayability.

Was addicted to it for a while, but haven't played it in over a month because I transferred my addiction to Grindstone. :messenger_winking_tongue:

However, this good news for Balatro reminded me I need to get a hit soon.

Antwix

Honestly looking to buy this game on mobile. I haven't played/bought it yet cuz it just seems perfect for phones. I saw that the mobile release is being developed so I'll be waiting for that. Perhaps I'll buy both PC and mobile idk.

Maybe it's pretty close to getting a release date though. The dude's post on twitter literally has a tablet in the background.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've bought this game now a total of 4 times:

1) Steam
2) Switch
3) Wife's Switch account
4) Physical Switch version

Well deserved success, the game is amazing and my current GOTY

Fbh

Great game, well deserved.
This is also one of the few console games I hope gets a phone release at some point

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I love it so much. I've pre-ordered the Xbox Series version just for shits. There will be dozens of us that own it in that format. Dozens!

StueyDuck

Deserved, it's a fun little roguelike deck builder

The best I'd say in that very specific genre.

It's ability to translate to people that may not even be gamers is it's true strength

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Missed the nintendo switch sale..
Already got it in steam deck.

Will double dip in next sale.

Switch lite is the better console for this imo

RedC

I love it so much. I've pre-ordered the Xbox Series version just for shits. There will be dozens of us that own it in that format. Dozens!
You've pre-ordered the Xbox Series version?

It's been released since February on Xbox consoles.

That's where I've been playing the whole time.

Last edited:

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
You've pre-ordered the Xbox Series version?

It's been released since February on Xbox consoles.

That's where I've been playing the whole time.

Yes indeed, the physical version that is. I own it on Steam already. Best Buy says the physical version ships 9/17.

Holammer

Does this game have any appeal for people that don't know anything about Poker and card games?
It's not an actual poker game, more like Solitaire with heaps of weird shit. It helps if you have basic understanding of the hands in poker, that's about it.
I think you're smart enough to figure it out.

Holammer

What is this about and what platform?
The platform of your choice, all consoles and PC. iOS & Android coming.
It's a roguelike cardgame where you earn points by building poker hands and win by scoring a certain amount. Sounds simple, but there is a lot of depth because of special unlockable Joker cards with modifiers, like increasing points scored by spades or two pairs and such, regular playing cards can be earned, discarded or buffed.

Top Bottom