• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Band Brothers DS

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
ss01a.jpg

ss01b.jpg

ss02a.jpg

ss02b.jpg

ss03a.jpg

ss03b.jpg

ss04a.jpg

ss04b.jpg

ss05a.jpg

ss05b.jpg

aku:jiki

I gotta say thanks for starting up individual threads for each game. I can't access Nintendo's site, and that enormous thread is an equally enormous pain in the ass to try and read through if you just showed up.

And this game is looking kinda hot, but that's coming from a music game fanboy extraordinaire.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
As a service to aku:jiki and others.

Straight from 1UP.com:
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3135202
"...Instead of using just one instrument, players can control several different parts of their orchestra with the DS touch interface, or even sing into the microphone, performing pre-created tunes or their own custom compositions. As the single-player game progresses, players acquire a bigger and bigger group to play larger and more auspicious venues."

dog$

Hates quality gaming
this one has a shit load of potential. especially with full blown mic support.
Yeah, but you're the same guy that shits on every music game ever made and said the only one worth considering would be a game about breakdancing.

dog$ said:
Yeah, but you're the same guy that shits on every music game ever made and said the only one worth considering would be a game about breakdancing.
i don't remember saying that. well, the breakdancing part atleast. i could still care less for bemani, which im guessing this isn't the same kind of thing based on the description.

the description makes it seem like you can record and make your own music. it would be damn easy to recreate guitars, and pianos, and other instruments with the touch screen. if it's just another bemani game though, meh, no interest then.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Well, I see preset song titles (Kirby Melody, Famicom Melody) and directional instructions for the gameplay screen. Looks totally like a traditional music game to me, man.

In fact the only thing that looks to be remotely unique about this (besides the questionable artwork) is that different instruments can be distributed among people within close range on the same 'network'. What would you record the music on?

hirokazu

so this game's is what GB Music evolved into, huh?

IGN's description about linking unlimited DS units up to jam together sounds cool, although that's only possible if each person has a copy of the game, so it'd end up being limited anyhow.

oh well, still having 8 players with one game card is still cool.

snapty00

Banned
TekunoRobby said:
You mean you don't like the booby purple lady?
ss05a.jpg

You are hater of boobies!!11
Looks like some Japanese artist went gung-ho over trying to make the game appeal to a Western audience.

snapty00 said:
Looks like some Japanese artist went gung-ho over trying to make the game appeal to a Western audience.

in some ways I agree - I did see the screens and thought; .. the NDS 2d screens are beautiful. It is still very japanese though - its not limited to the looks you think appeal to western audience; they funked it up without going through the jsr look / kiddy. Quite nice.

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
I'm getting a bigtime candy-coated-Kozik vibe from

ss04a.jpg

ss04b.jpg

Compare with

kozik1.jpg

kozik2.jpg

edit: I see now the menus are actually presented as posters at one point, so probably not so surprising, then.

ss06b.jpg

Top Bottom