• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bannon fired / resigns; friends report plans to go to "war for WH"

Huh, I don't get it. Trump threw Bannon under the bus a number of times. Trump claimed that he himself was his own best strategist (and not Bannon) and recently further downplayed Bannon's contribution in winning the election, saying Bannon came on late, he was already winning, blah, blah. What loyalty does Bannon owe Trump? Or is Bannon the kind of person that likes getting humiliated and backstabbed by someone and stays with them for more of the same? Isn't there a word for that kind of person? I'm drawing a blank.

Guy.brush

Era el fin, Trump is next

xiuLUMN.gif

(full video: https://youtu.be/d7Uy0Uznw4E)

border

I don't know whether this is good news or bad news, to be honest.

The way most articles seem to be framing the situation, it sounds like Bannon can do a lot more damage from outside the White House than he can from within it. If he's apart of the White House, he at least has to try and look respectable and mainstream. He has to be somewhat accountable. Once he returns to the seedy world of PACs and Breitbart, he can just spout and propagate lies all day without much repercussion.

Directed by Oliver Stone :p

даже очень

Bannon got a lot of nicknames today

It's still Bannon Harkonnen.

And now Trump lost his favorite Billionaire Carl Icahn as an advisor:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/18/carl-icahn-drops-out-of-presidential-advisory-role.html

There are some BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG wheels turning behind the curtains everywhere right now.

Huh, I don't get it. Trump threw Bannon under the bus a number of times. Trump claimed that he himself was his own best strategist (and not Bannon) and recently further downplayed Bannon's contribution in winning the election, saying Bannon came on late, he was already winning, blah, blah. What loyalty does Bannon owe Trump? Or is Bannon the kind of person that likes getting humiliated and backstabbed by someone and stays with them for more of the same? Isn't there a word for that kind of person? I'm drawing a blank.

You expected anything else? Republicans are spineless. Trump can shit on them all day and they'll look up and say: "More?"

Tovarisc

Former White House Chief Strategist Stephen K. Bannon returned as Executive Chairman of Breitbart News Friday afternoon and chaired the company’s evening editorial meeting.

“The populist-nationalist movement got a lot stronger today,” said Breitbart News Editor-in-Chief Alex Marlow. “Breitbart gained an executive chairman with his finger on the pulse of the Trump agenda.”

Breitbart News CEO and President Larry Solov agreed.

“Breitbart’s pace of global expansion will only accelerate with Steve back,” said Solov. “The sky’s the limit.”
http://www.breitbart.com/big-journa...hero-stephen-k-bannon-returns-home-breitbart/

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So is Breitbart going to go to "war" with Trump, or simply continue being the administration's mouthpiece?

It seems like the thread title has it backwards.. from what I've read bannon is going to war FOR Trump AGAINST everyone else.

Did that change?

shiba5

Correction, its worse. Instead of doing nothing in the white house, he gets be goerbbels full time.

Apparently he walked out of the White House and returned to Breitbart as Executive Chairman and chaired the evening editorial meeting. Get ready for more pro-Trump propaganda. Ethics!

epmode

It seems like the thread title has it backwards.. from what I've read bannon is going to war FOR Trump AGAINST everyone else.

Did that change?

You have it right. Thread title is probably incorrect.

Course, Bannon sees enemies in the White House administration so you'll see attacks there as well.

Allard

Did that change?

He is going to war against what he perceives as Trumps enemies, aka everyone else that is still in the whitehouse: Kelly, McMaster, Kushner, Ivanka etc. He is basically bringing the divide in the white house into a full blown public warfare.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
He is going to war against what he perceives as Trumps enemies, aka everyone else that is still in the whitehouse: Kelly, McMaster, Kushner, Ivanka etc. He is basically bringing the divide in the white house into a full blown public warfare.

Ah... I guess Dumbass Don has so many enemies it's difficult to understand which ones Bannon was talking about. Thanks for helping clear it up.

The Lamp

Is Bannon really better outside the WH? With his resignation, he is no longer tied down by legal responsibilities, he can carry out his agenda with Breitbart having a complete understanding of Trump's agenda. He's almost a more effective pawn outside the WH. This seems mutually beneficial.

Shauni

So is Breitbart going to go to "war" with Trump, or simply continue being the administration's mouthpiece?

He's going to war with Trump's "enemies," but that includes those within the administration.

I don't know whether this is good news or bad news, to be honest.

The way most articles seem to be framing the situation, it sounds like Bannon can do a lot more damage from outside the White House than he can from within it. If he's apart of the White House, he at least has to try and look respectable and mainstream. He has to be somewhat accountable. Once he returns to the seedy world of PACs and Breitbart, he can just spout and propagate lies all day without much repercussion.

By most accounts he was basically running Breitbart from the WH anyway.

Shauni

Guys you all are making this so much more confusing than it is. Basically, the heat coming up from the Neo-Nazi stuff pushed Bannon out because he has been branded as a figurehead of the alt-right. Now he's going to war with the administration because of this. He's not giving up on Trump per say, but he's going to be going after this key members who pushed him out.

It's not some 47D chess here. It's not that hard to see what is going on.

Codeblue

Is Bannon really better outside the WH? With his resignation, he is no longer tied down by legal responsibilities, he can carry out his agenda with Breitbart having a complete understanding of Trump's agenda. He's almost a more effective pawn outside the WH. This seems mutually beneficial.

This isn't going to be the case. Bannon isn't trying to advance an agenda molded by people like Kelly and McMaster.

Top Bottom