• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BART (SF Bay public transit): We need billions to rebuild our system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
I parked in SF for a few hours once (we were driving to San Diego). Got a ticket for not turning our tires properly toward the curb. Disputed it because of foreigner ignorance and had it rescinded but at the cost of a couple hours of our time.

Never again.

Dalek

I parked in SF for a few hours once (we were driving to San Diego). Got a ticket for not turning our tires properly toward the curb. Disputed it because of foreigner ignorance and had it rescinded but at the cost of a couple hours of our time.

Never again.

My wife once dropped me off at BART. She pulled up to a curb and I got out and she drove off.

A BART police officer pulled her over immediately and fined her $500. Apparently it was a "red curb" zone where you can't "park". The problem is all the paint on the curb was eroded and chipped. I took photos of it and tried to dispute it but they wouldn't hear anything of it.

If you have been through the infamous union strike, you will know how much of hostage they held us commuters till they got their demands. Bart people are well paid. Unions did do great things in past but BART union is certainly not one of them.

Striking is the only leverage working class people like at BART have over techie commuters who don't believe anybody without a STEM degree deserves a middle class income because it makes them feel sad that someone working at a ticket counter might come close to their income without working for 90 hours a week.

Socreges

Banned
My wife once dropped me off at BART. She pulled up to a curb and I got out and she drove off.

A BART police officer pulled her over immediately and fined her $500. Apparently it was a "red curb" zone where you can't "park". The problem is all the paint on the curb was eroded and chipped. I took photos of it and tried to dispute it but they wouldn't hear anything of it.
That's infuriating. Parking and speeding tickets in big cities is basically a racket. Such horseshit. We only got away because we were tourists with foreign passports bringing in money to the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom