• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

My God I am so frustrated with this game!!!

And it's not even with playing it, but the fact that I can't play it right now.

I played the game for about six hours. Then the game crashed. I had to reset my PC. So I did so, and tried to restart my gaming session. The game hangs on the initial load screen. It's just a blank, black screen and NOTHING happens. I tried deleting the bmengine.ini file, and I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, twice! No go.

strafer

hmmm

The campaign DLC is said to be comparable in length to Harley Quinn's Revenge, an add-on for Arkham City - in other words, it'll take a couple hours or so. The exact premise of the DLC hasn't been revealed yet, but it's going to focus on a "key relationship" in Batman lore.

"It is in line with our angle of the origins - not necessarily of characters, but of key relationships," Ben Mattes, Batman Arkham Origins senior producer told Eurogamer earlier this month. "It is a DLC that will focus on one of the most key relationships in Batman canon."

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Batman-Arkham-Origins-Story-DLC-Details-Coming-Next-Week-61258.html

Jintor

I can't seem to get the blade dodge medal in dodge training cos it doesn't seem to trigger with blade dodge takedowns...

I can't seem to get the blade dodge medal in dodge training cos it doesn't seem to trigger with blade dodge takedowns...
It doesn't, or at least it doesn't for me. I just did the standard dodge and got the medal easily.

Loving this game so far. Hit a couple of glitches already, but so far nothing game breaking.

Jintor

It doesn't, or at least it doesn't for me. I just did the standard dodge and got the medal easily.

Loving this game so far. Hit a couple of glitches already, but so far nothing game breaking.

wait, i forget the difference between standard blade dodge and blade takedown. Don't hold y?

strobogo

Banned
People weren't kidding when they said it is exactly the same as City. It feels like the same game, with the same settings, but a little sloppier. Which is still fun, but so far it seems lazy.

Hey guys I already bought the Season Pass and it seems that the Black Mask Challenge Pack and the Online Supply 1 are not included on it, but does it really worth buying The Black Mast Challenge Pack and the Online Supply Drop 1 (both for PC). And one more question, does the the Online Supply Drop 2 and the new DLC will be included on the Season Pass?

Thank you

Sober

Hey guys I already bought the Season Pass and it seems that the Black Mask Challenge Pack and the Online Supply 1 are not included on it, but does it really worth buying The Black Mast Challenge Pack and the Online Supply Drop 1 (both for PC). And one more question, does the the Online Supply Drop 2 and the new DLC will be included on the Season Pass?

Thank you
The contents in the season pass were defined long before they released the game so it won't change. You get Initiation, the next piece of story DLC and some costumes, that's about it.

The BM challenge pack (if we're talking on Steam) will be the same price until the end of the sale and it has a new combat map and the predator map from the story mode (Steel Mill).

The contents in the season pass were defined long before they released the game so it won't change. You get Initiation, the next piece of story DLC and some costumes, that's about it.

The BM challenge pack (if we're talking on Steam) will be the same price until the end of the sale and it has a new combat map and the predator map from the story mode (Steel Mill).

Ok, so that's about the Season pass, and the BM challenge Pack (the one on Steam) it's cheaper ($1.49) so I think I'm going to get it

Now what about the Online Supply Drop 1? Does it worth it? I know that it gives you some advantage online but it's that kind of DLC that can't be deactivaded once it's acquired?

The ARKHAM ORIGINS Online Supply Drop 1 will give you a measurable advantage in online gameplay no matter what team you're on. Get 2 additional clothing items for your Bane and Joker characters - both with gameplay enhancing features. You'll also get a badass new weapon - the all-new Sawed-Off Shotgun complete with additional weapon progression and Skins.

Thank you for your attention my friend I really appreciate your information :D

So I started a new game since I got that game destroying bug on my last one. Now I'm manually doing save backups so I don't lose everything if it happens again.

Now that I'm getting further into the game I'm starting to get more annoyed with it in a few mechanical areas. Particularly the "Challenges you can do during the course of the campaign. The fact that you HAVE to do them in order is completely and utterly moronic; I've done some of these challenges a dozen times over before I'm ALLOWED to check it off the list. One of the last challenges in one of the categories is to stop a crime in every district which I'm SURE I've done by now, but because the dozen or so I've done in the first 8 hours of the game don't count, I have to do it all over again.

Even worse is that some of these appear to buggy or you have very little opportunity to do it. I looked it up and there are TWO rooms in the game (one of which you can revist) that allow you to get the challenge "Do a vent, ledge, explosion, and corner takedown" and even when I managed to do all 4 of those (Which took FOREVER in the Deadshot room), it said I hadn't done it. And worst of all is that this is a VERY early challenge in its category, which means there are still 10 other challenges that I'm rapidly losing the opportunity to accomplish before I beat the game.

I loved finding all the collectibles, scanning everything (which givves you great Batman trivia), and completely all the challenges in the last two Batman games; most of them are fun enough that I actually ENJOY doing them. But Origins completely removed the fun scanning mechanic (other than the invisible anarchy symbols, yawn)! And the bugs and poor design decisions combine to make me not want to play much more of this game outside of the story.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I want a challenge room made up entirely of Martial Artists. Twenty of the buggers would be nice and mental.

I wonder if we'll ever get a challenge room editor in a future installment. I'd love to be able to share fiendish set-ups.

Jintor

I want a challenge room made up entirely of Martial Artists. Twenty of the buggers would be nice and mental.

I wonder if we'll ever get a challenge room editor in a future installment. I'd love to be able to share fiendish set-ups.

So godlike. I just want to practice against martial artists; can't seem to counter their flying strike without turning on hints.

Game is so much easier when you're not relying on animation reading, lol

Lima

Lol the fucking achievements are glitched for the Initiation DLC and WB finally responds to my mail saying that it will be fixed with a title update around the end of January.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
So godlike. I just want to practice against martial artists; can't seem to counter their flying strike without turning on hints.

Game is so much easier when you're not relying on animation reading, lol

I haven't ventured into NG+ yet. I bet they're a headache.

Why aren't the Ninja in the Initiation DLC all Martial Artists? XD

Lol the fucking achievements are glitched for the Initiation DLC and WB finally responds to my mail saying that it will be fixed with a title update around the end of January.

Wow, end of January for 360? They patched the trophies in the PS3 a week or two after release.

Lima

Wow, end of January for 360? They patched the trophies in the PS3 a week or two after release.

They still haven't fixed the save game corruption on 360, so yeah that will tell you all you need about their efforts.

I wrote a program myself that can salvage the corrupted saves in 2 days and these guys can even fix the damn issue that is causing them in the first place?

merrick97

Banned

Yeah, the amount of bugs and glitches is beyond infuriating.

Fix those and the game is fantastic.

tim1138

When they released the first/only patch for the Wii U version it broke accessing challenge maps via the Batcave, trying to do so results in a hard lock every time. And since it's the Wii U version I doubt WB will ever fix it.

Finished it. Definitely a 6/10 game. My initial complaints stand the same. Crappy upgrade tree, barren lifeless city with too few grapple points, frustrating combat due to Batman's slower animations and faster enemies, plus the boss battles were generally all alike.
You fight Bane twice and it's the same battle both times. Really? How boring.
But even with everything wrong the base gameplay established in Arkham City is still fun. Unforunately, it looks like WB is gonna milk this formula into the ground going forward.

I skimmed the last two pages (100ppp) while trying to steer clear from spoilers. How is the current state of the PS3 version, have there been any patches that fixed the frame rate hiccups and tearing since release?

strobogo

Banned
I beat the story and am doing most of the Riddler stuff. Feels more like an expansion to City than its own game. But I've never had a game that froze my 360 so much. Over the course of 3 days, it has locked up at least 5 times. No other games I've played have done that. Freezes up if you press select while the game is saving. Sometimes it locks up during fast travel.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Professor Pyg CONFIRMED!

...well, I can dream, can't I? Slaughterhouses are pretty cold, aren't they? I guess it has to be Victor Fries... I was sure it'd be Two Face related.

I called it!

I'd love to see the gritty Dark Knighty take on his origin.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I believe you did! I'm still not sure if Fries counts as a "special relationship", though... (New 52 be damned!)

Yeah this got me all convinced people were right about Catwoman.

AFAIK this is the most current place to check for the announcement details. :D

strobogo

Banned
There were pig posters around town. It made me think it was probably a reference to Pyg, but I've not read any books featuring him.

Imbarkus

There were pig posters around town. It made me think it was probably a reference to Pyg, but I've not read any books featuring him.

Me neither. Beware the Batman is my only exposure.

tim1138

Read Grant Morrison's Batman and Robin run from 2009-2010. He's featured prominently in the first three or four issues.

Kabuto

1483292_691881710844324_1723301116_n.jpg

what does it mean?

edit: http://dcanimated.wikia.com/wiki/Heart_of_Ice

As Bruce is leaving, Boyle comments that he is to be presented with a humanitarian award. Posing as a security guard, Batman sneaks into Gothcorp's offices and finds a security camera tape with footage of the accident: on it, a man named Victor Fries records that he has put his wife, Nora, into cryogenic stasis after she became terminally ill, to give himself time to research a cure.

imbarkus!!

strobogo

Banned
I have one data pack left. It's on the train after you defuse the bomb. I already picked it up once, but it didn't register. Now when I go back, it blinks for a second and vanishes, so I can't complete the Riddler story.

Top Bottom