• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

merrick97

Banned
Tip: There are moves that make you invincible and sometimes slow down time (Most combo movies) When they happen, you always want to be moving the camera to a better position so you can see WTF you're doing..

I am well aware of exploiting invincibility frames to readjust the camera, I was a master at it in AC, but in this game you get far less invincibility frames and it can also be difficult to tell when you are in an invincibility frame. And even when you were able to adjust the view the camera would often readjust itself to put me in an awkward position and in this game since you don't critical strikes until WAY late you can't just exploit invincibility frames. The only way I could get any sort of control was to evade my way out of the mob.

Nephrahim

Yeah, there are definitely times that the camera just fucks you in the story. Luckily the challenge rooms are all big open areas so it's much less common.

merrick97

Banned
Yeah, there are definitely times that the camera just fucks you in the story. Luckily the challenge rooms are all big open areas so it's much less common.

That's a good point. Many of us are comparing what we did to challenge rooms in AC (what we know backwards and forwards) to specific battles in AO that were part of the story line. So its not a complete comparison.

Honestly, if WBM just patched it so that the camera peels back ever so slightly to give a bigger view of the battle field it would be 10x less frustrating.

Nephrahim

Since I cannot imagine Arkham 3 being the final name, I'd say that's a code name.

That said, Arkham is their brand name, so I imagine they'd only get rid of it if they went for a pretty big change.... maybe throw Superman in it....

scoobs

that sterling review is a joke, and encapsulates everything that is wrong with game journalists. A 3.5/10 eh? Give me a break.

Dave1988

Question for people who found all the Enigma Data Handlers. So, I'm sitting at 19/20 Enigma Data Handlers and I'm 90% done with the story. Does the last guy appear after a specific point in the story that I haven't reached yet or did it glitch out on me? I still have locked datapacks in Extortion Tape 12 so I'm assuming that the guy has yet to appear on the map but I'd like to have some imput from people that interrogated all of the handlers whether or not this is a glitch or if it's supposed to be this way. .

Anyone?

I just want to say something, the Joker scenes that were trippy, and the cut scenes that accompanied it might be some of the best story telling ever in a game.

Crawl

Does anyone think robin or nightwing will get a prominent role in a future arkham game? I'd love to have missions or side mission playing as robin or maybe some batman + robin co-op during the campaign?

Dave1988

Uh, don't want to get too spoilery, but I'm pretty sure I had one appear after the end on the gotham pioneer bridge.

Thanks. Thought as much but I wanted to confirm first. With so many glitches that this game has, it's hard to tell what's supposed to happen and what's the game screwing up again.

Some Nobody

Well, Conroy said he was doing VA in "Arkham 3, but not Arkham Origins!" a little while back so I'd say yeah they're keeping it.

Not necessarily. It could be Arkham something, but I'd personally like Batman: Gotham City or something.

Speaking of: I think most of this game takes place away from Gotham's shops and businesses, which is why in certain parts of town you can see what looks like a much busier city across the river. On that note:
Is anyone else tired of being teased by that giant Wayne Enterprises building that you still can't fly to?? It's been bugging me since AC and even in AO apparently there are parts of Gotham I can't visit. Hopefully next-gen Gotham is more complete.

Also Jim Sterling's review is...strange. I believe there are problems, but I also feel like he picked on the wrong game.

Thanks. Thought as much but I wanted to confirm first. With so many glitches that this game has, it's hard to tell what's supposed to happen and what's the game screwing up again.

Haha yea, it's a pain. I have an enigma extortion file sitting on my map that I've actually already collected. Reaaaally hope that doesn't screw up completing the quest later.

At this point I'd like to see more of the dc universe than another batman game. I love batman but there's so much cool stuff outside of his universe, they just need to present it in a good manner.

I think WB is looking to expand beyond just batman, and I'm sure rocksteady won't always be working on batman.

also keep in mind if you're doing the dark knight system, try to knock out the predator ones. All the other ones are doable after the game is over, but the predator encounters don't respawn inside buildings. Also for some reason they aren't unlocked in challenge maps either.

strafer

At this point I'd like to see more of the dc universe than another batman game. I love batman but there's so much cool stuff outside of his universe, they just need to present it in a good manner.

I think WB is looking to expand beyond just batman, and I'm sure rocksteady won't always be working on batman.

also keep in mind if you're doing the dark knight system, try to knock out the predator ones. All the other ones are doable after the game is over, but the predator encounters don't respawn inside buildings. Also for some reason they aren't unlocked in challenge maps either.

That's terrible. Hope they patch that.

Dave1988

Haha yea, it's a pain. I have an enigma extortion file sitting on my map that I've actually already collected. Reaaaally hope that doesn't screw up completing the quest later.

Same here, though I don't think we have to worry. If you look under the Enigma tab you'll see that it counts as collected so hopefully we're good.

Thought as much. They're gonna need to patch this. Rank 15 seems doable on the Penguin's ship post-game but the propane one is impossible to get unless there's a predator encounter that has a propane bottle somewhere in the City. Worst case scenario, you can always do them in NG+.

I do agree that this is a weird rendition of gotham with the only people on the street being thugs and corrupt police. What's up with that? It made sense in City because it .

Not that it's any excuse but I've heard a few times in the game that there is a curfew on Gotham due to all the crime stuff going on. Forgot the actually quote of it all but that was the basic idea behind why people are off the streets.

I also find it fodd that the one reviewer who loves Dynasty Warriors, a series that has an over abundace of sequels, and hardly ever add anything extremely new or different is loved by Jim but he complains after three Batman games that its too stale and nothing new... O_O Opinions and all but just seems inconsistent.

Not that it's any excuse but I've heard a few times in the game that there is a curfew on Gotham due to all the crime stuff going on. Forgot the actually quote of it all but that was the basic idea behind why people are off the streets.

I also find it fodd that the one reviewer who loves Dynasty Warriors, a series that has an over abundace of sequels, and hardly ever add anything extremely new or different is loved by Jim but he complains after three Batman games that its too stale and nothing new... O_O Opinions and all but just seems inconsistent.

Its mentioned in the prologue that people are advised to stay off the streets because of the bad snowstorm.

Same here, though I don't think we have to worry. If you look under the Enigma tab you'll see that it counts as collected so hopefully we're good.

Thought as much. They're gonna need to patch this. Rank 15 seems doable on the Penguin's ship post-game but the propane one is impossible to get unless there's a predator encounter that has a propane bottle somewhere in the City. Worst case scenario, you can always do them in NG+.

Haha the one in Burnley? Or randomly elsewhere? If that;s another consistent bug in Burnley...:mad: haha.

Yea, I've hit all the other dark knight system rank 15s bar the worst nightmare track. Is there a place around the city that respawns predator encounters, or will it have to be NG plus? would be as good if you could do them in the challenge maps via the batcave and it would count em.

Sulik2

Played the first Deathstroke boss fight yesterday. What a fun fight. Really liking this game so far. Enemies seem more aggressive which is nice. Still annoys me the counter indicator is turned on when playing on hard.

I prefer "Batman: Beyond Arkham" myself :p

Don't tease me. I would die for this.

rtcn63

Entered
Penguin's ship
and my framerate has dropped significantly. Can't keep a stable 60fps on current (almost max) settings like in previous areas, normal? GTX 670, i5, 720p.

SJRB

Gold Member
What's the deal with the transmission tower in Industrial District [the one across Sionis]? It has an electrified fence, I destroyed the control panel next to it but nothing happens? I looked everywhere but I can't find a secondary panel or something.

Am I missing something?

Squishy3

Yeah.

Having once been foolish enough to go out in a bad snowstorm, I too advise the fictional residents of Gotham to stay indoors.
However, we fully endorse criminals going outside during the snowstorm to freeze their asses off and get every bone in their body broken by Batman.

idk, some people here raging about combat and some boss fights would probably review it as 3.5 too.

You know, batman has access to the batcave in this, wonder why he doesn't at least get a new cape. Surely he has some spares, and with soo many holes, its probably makes more sense to change it out?

Vortex566

I don't want the PC version, so is the second best version on WiiU? I've got the PS3 version, but thinking about trading for the WiiU version. I also like the idea of having the map on the gamepad.

Ephemeris

idk, some people here raging about combat and some boss fights would probably review it as 3.5 too.

You know, batman has access to the batcave in this, wonder why he doesn't at least get a new cape. Surely he has some spares, and with soo many holes, its probably makes more sense to change it out?

I find that if you have time to eat Christmas Ham and change capes, then you're not angry enough for a life of fighting crime.

Next gen Rocksteady game should incorporate Superman, or the Justice League.

If we go the Arkham route, I hope they go full open world with cars, civilians, and sidekicks

Hell no. I really hope they won't do that. And also going bigger... i don`t know. I want my indoor levels, and creating an GTA like open world almost guarantees no indoor levels.

If you do all the dark knight challenges you will get the dark knight version of the default suit. Where it is a darker grey and he has the gold utility belt. Unfortunately only usable after beating the game once or in new game+.

The Batman Noel suit is also unlocked when you beat the game. I surprisingly like it. Never read the comic story.

noel~0.jpg

Top Bottom