• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

SJRB

Gold Member
Hell no. I really hope they won't do that. And also going bigger... i don`t know. I want my indoor levels, and creating an GTA like open world almost guarantees no indoor levels.

I fail to see how one thing automatically disqualifies another. Indoor segments are the fabric of the Arkham series. Arkham Island, Arkham City and Gotham City are just the overworld. Something to traverse and explore while the real stuff happens indoors.

Sulik2

Entered
Penguin's ship
and my framerate has dropped significantly. Can't keep a stable 60fps on current (almost max) settings like in previous areas, normal? GTX 670, i5, 720p.

I am running a GTX 670 (it is overclocked), stock i5 2500k and 8GBs of memory at 1920 X 1200 and the only framerate drops I saw were when I first opened a door and loaded into a new area in the ship. I do have vsync on and turned on physx and most of the other visual goodies. Only running 720p you should be having no problems.

rtcn63

I am running a GTX 670 (it is overclocked), stock i5 2500k and 8GBs of memory at 1920 X 1200 and the only framerate drops I saw were when I first opened a door and loaded into a new area in the ship. I do have vsync on and turned on physx and most of the other visual goodies. Only running 720p you should be having no problems.

Damn. Could be that I just downloaded the new nvidia drivers, but I didn't enter the ship before so I can't say. Which ones are you on?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I'm wondering when they are going to patch the bugged out com tower. Seems like it would be a pretty straightforward fix.

I tried doing the physics bug to get myself on the roof but after an hour of trying I gave up.

If you do all the dark knight challenges you will get the dark knight version of the default suit. Where it is a darker grey and he has the gold utility belt. Unfortunately only usable after beating the game once or in new game+.

The Batman Noel suit is also unlocked when you beat the game. I surprisingly like it. Never read the comic story.

huge missed opportunity. you can freaking view batsuits in the cave, why not have different suits for players to choose from? Like default one is balanced whiles others skew more combat (longer counter windows etc) but is more shitty at predator stuff or vice visa.

I hear it's buggy.

besides the glitched tower in every version, only bugs i've had was 1 bsod, and random ai running into walls, but they were still killable with batrangs so just free kill :p

So yeah, its not super bad. i've played buggy games and this is on the low scale of that

Derrick01

Banned
And I find that with all those holes in the cape, it's impossible to glide around like that.

!

...I can't believe I never realized that in AA and AC. I noticed the rips and tears but never thought about the obvious fact that he wouldn't be able to glide anymore lol.

zainetor

Banned
!

...I can't believe I never realized that in AA and AC. I noticed the rips and tears but never thought about the obvious fact that he wouldn't be able to glide anymore lol.

its worse in origins.
At the end of the game, his cape is like a groviera, literally.

ElRenoRaven

huge missed opportunity. you can freaking view batsuits in the cave, why not have different suits for players to choose from? Like default one is balanced whiles others skew more combat (longer counter windows etc) but is more shitty at predator stuff or vice visa.

besides the glitched tower in every version, only bugs i've had was 1 bsod, and random ai running into walls, but they were still killable with batrangs so just free kill :p

So yeah, its not super bad. i've played buggy games and this is on the low scale of that

I've had baddies spawned into walls. Certain baddies not spawn at all and I've had the AI all just lock up and stand there. Hell even my character did that at one point. He glided down and then went into the walk combat pose and the controls locked up meaning I couldn't do anything but quit move around and restart. The whole time the AI goons just stood there and kept spouting attacking lines while moving back and forth and doing nothing.

So yea it has some pretty nasty bugs but they don't seem to happen constantly luckily. I do hope their first real patch is a huge bug fixing patch though.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I thought WiiU players were saying they didn't have that glitch.

Tugatrix

I keep wondering when I'm going to encounter my first glitch.

I already found too many, it's getting annoying

Apart from the bugs i don't like the changes they made to combat system, it's frustrating when I can't stop a strike to counter and get hit by an enemy. Lacks predatorial areas, and there are no puzzles to resolve relevant to the main story, the detective mode is too easy, in AC we have to fly over the map trying to find characters like Mr.Freeze.

Overall is not a great game, but good enough to entertain.

schwupp

a buddy is stuck in a mission (pc version) - he talked to some dude and a bomb timer went up. but he cannot complete the mission because he is too far away. the mission isn't canceling itself and the main mission doesn't start again.

is there anyway to fix this? can you cancel the secondary mission?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
a buddy is stuck in a mission (pc version) - he talked to some dude and a bomb timer went up. but he cannot complete the mission because he is too far away. the mission isn't canceling itself and the main mission doesn't start again.

is there anyway to fix this? can you cancel the secondary mission?

I'm guessing it's the Anarchy thing? Just tell him to haul ass

Ricker

I am in the boiler room trying to reach Penguin's office,after that fight in the little arena but I have no clue how to get there...what am I missing here? do I have to go all the way out or what...?

EDIT: NM ,got it.

They do. It's just after you beat the game. I get that they wanted to suit to evolved as the story did, similar to the previous games. Showing how much of a toll the nights events effect Batman.

Ehhh, personally I like the suit simply being cosmetic. What if my favorite suit really didn't meet my play style?I would be bummed. They also kind of answer that though with having the modifiers you can select in the challenge rooms. Those that give Batman perks and others that make enemies more hard.

schwupp

Basically what you described sounds like an Anarchy mission, they're timed bomb diffuses from far away. All you can do is haul ass there, beat down the baddies and diffuse the bomb.

he tells me he triggered a later safe point and is now always too far away to reach it in time.

The Batman Noel suit is also unlocked when you beat the game. I surprisingly like it. Never read the comic story.

The book is actually pretty cool. I bought it for my girlfriend last year, and finally got to it myself a few months ago. Bermejo loses his analogues between the batman and scrooge stories a little throughout but the art is stunning. Surprisingly, I really wanted that suit in City, but I like the default Origins suit so much in thsi one, I wasn't bothered by Noel suit haha. I remember that Noel book if your in the christmas spirit though, lovely hardcover.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Question about how much I have left:
Just scanned the body at the morgue to see if it was Bane. How much longer do I have left?

Some Nobody

They do. It's just after you beat the game. I get that they wanted to suit to evolved as the story did, similar to the previous games. Showing how much of a toll the nights events effect Batman.

Ehhh, personally I like the suit simply being cosmetic. What if my favorite suit really didn't meet my play style?I would be bummed. They also kind of answer that though with having the modifiers you can select in the challenge rooms. Those that give Batman perks and others that make enemies more hard.

Then you make that suit work anyway, dammit. If this is the reason why all the suits are cosmetic I'd be pissed. Honestly what's the point of the costumes if they don't DO anything? Batman 1M for instance should have really, really long glide times and do more damage (since the comic one could fly), while Batman Knightfall should be able to fire Batarangs faster than normal Batman (since technically he should be firing them from his gauntlets).

SkylineRKR

What's the deal with the transmission tower in Industrial District [the one across Sionis]? It has an electrified fence, I destroyed the control panel next to it but nothing happens? I looked everywhere but I can't find a secondary panel or something.

Am I missing something?

There is a second one, at ground level. there are some dudes standing around it.

Thought as much. They're gonna need to patch this. Rank 15 seems doable on the Penguin's ship post-game but the propane one is impossible to get unless there's a predator encounter that has a propane bottle somewhere in the City. Worst case scenario, you can always do them in NG+.

There's a couple at the pool, I remember that much.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Switch Origins with City, batman identity with assassin and that last Joker with /arkham city villian of the hour and you have Arkham City to a T. Seriously, I can not for the life of me see how people can praise City's story. The plot is a complete clusterfuck in every sense of the word. The game constantly introduces and tosses away antagonists like they're toilet paper, and the game's core plot ends once, restarts, and quickly twists on you out of nowhere (twice) for the sake of it. Oh and Catwoman and twoface copy/pasta epilogue fight because why the hell not.

I generally love Dini's work, but the plot and story of AC was just awful.

I agree that AC story is much more scattershot and is weaker than Asylum but at least the fiction of the game supported this looser story. Arkham City was filled with all of the scum of the city and their respective super villains so it kinda made sense if Batman randomly encounters Bane but yet this encounter has no bearing to the overall plot. Origins started out with a much better chance for focus as now their was an explicit reason these super villains were coming after Batman, yet it fails to keep this focus and it just devolves into random encounters with no real purpose to them.

And again, for all the problems with AC's story it was very well paced IMO, when you finally got to the end it felt like the end. That moment when Protocol 10 is activated and you stare out into the City as helicopters swoop in and bomb the place had direct impact, you really felt as thought the stakes had been raised. There is no such moment in Origins, you just get to the end. And, this ending makes very little sense as The Joker apparently takes over a portion of Blackgate Prison which robs the significance of Asylum since he's apparently done this before.

Origins really at least had the potential to really explore the origins of the Joker/Batman relationship and while at first it starts out as promising it really just dissolves into nothing. City on the other hand was the conclusion of this relationship and it did so perfectly.

What was the leaked spoiler twist that everyone was smh about before launch?

oh found it. lol yeah, that was a bit dumb, but Joker actually worked out better than what i was expecting when i smh about him being in another arkham game.

Playing through on new game +, mastered the deathstroke fight, got point counter point achievement without being able to see the counters :p. Man that fight leaves behind a lot of blood on the floor, didn't notice it the first time.

Pc version is fine, the majority of the bugs I've had are in multiplayer. Singleplayer runs pretty well, but a comm tower (optional quest objective) is bugged. There is a way around it but its really annoying to do. After seeing my cousin play his ps3 version, I'd say go with PC if you can, framerate is terrible on PS3.

Just finished the game. 56%.

Completed all the villain quests except for the engima data packs and one villain that I haven't found.

Loved it even more that Asylum and despite all the bugs.

Zukuu

Banned
Did every Engima challenge, all criminals, completed the game and solved every crime. Got the Riddler Trophy and now all that's left is a side missions I didn't get somehow. Who am I missing?

Enigma
Anarky
Penguin
Deadshot
Mad Hater
Bird
XXX
Shiva
Black Mask

Lima

If anyone on 360 has a corrupted save please upload it somewhere and send me the link via PM. I have written a tool that makes the save work again, I just would like to test it with some more saves before I release it.

Re-quoting this.

Anyone?

All you need is a USB stick and a program called Horizon. I would really like to test it with more saves before releasing it.

Top Bottom