• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battleblock Theater |OT| An engrossing tale of friendship, betrayal and some cats.

Beckx

The Behemoth will be taking on all comers Thursday at 3:30 PST and streaming the games on twitch.

http://devblog.thebehemoth.com/2013/04/30/play-w-the-devs-bbt-live-streaming/

So, you’ve played with the rest, now play with… well, some of the guys and gals who helped make BattleBlock Theater! That’s right, it’s time again to jump online and beat us at our own game.

We’ll be doing an hour of arena gameplay in the most recent Arena Features and playing The Behemoth versus Everybody Else, 2v2! Are you Somebody Else? Are your preparations properly prepped??
We recommend thumb squats.

Or, if you’d prefer to watch as we get pummeled by tiny digital fists, you can also join us at Twitch.TV and take part in the magic that is LIVE STREAMING. Toss us a few questions and comments while you’re at it- the following Behemians will be rumbling and/or chatting from 3:30-4:30 PST, Thursday:

Rumblers:

Ian, Production Mogul
Aaron, Level Luminary
Eric, Ambassador to the Arts
(Rumblers will take turns in teams)
Chatters:

Dan, Fearless Leader
Emil, Master of Ceremonies
Megan, Community Captain
Lindsay, Prophet of Playability
Ryan, Level Laureate
Anna, Plushsmith

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Looks like we're getting a Furbottom's update today with new prizes.
FeaturePost_Toast.jpg

Need to finish either co-op or solo to get it. Up for the next two weeks. To the theatre!

muu

holy shit this game is out now? Had too much going on recently and had completely forgotten about it since seeing it, oh, 3 years ago. Time to bust out some MSP cards.

eXistor

Such a cool game. I've only been playing sp but it's worth it for the music and commentary alone. Stamper is great. The levels are very well designed and the controls are just right. Highly recommended to platform afficionados. The combat is a bit iffy though, but it's a small niggle.

G17

Love how they are releasing a new head almost every week! As always enzo, great job on updating us on the features weekly.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Love how they are releasing a new head almost every week! As always enzo, great job on updating us on the features weekly.
I only do it because I love the game!

No, I missed the toast?! Foolishly assumed it would be around longer.
Hmm.. they said it would be up for two weeks. It should still be up.

The Rose doesn't have to do with Furbuttom's Features. You just have to play a game online for it to unlock. I tried playing singleplayer, or just going into the main menu while logged into XBL to try to get it unlocked, but it only unlocked after playing an online game and quitting out of the mode.

Durante

I really, really like this game, and this is coming from someone that doesn't like Castle Crashers or the Dan Paladin/Edmund McMillen Newgrounds-bred aesthetic or humor.
I'm in the same boat
ship
. I've only played the co-op story mode so far, but it has been a blast.

I read something about checkpoints in this thread, but I don't remember seeing any checkpoints. What's up with that?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm in the same boat
ship
. I've only played the co-op story mode so far, but it has been a blast.

I read something about checkpoints in this thread, but I don't remember seeing any checkpoints. What's up with that?
Some levels have checkpoints which are little blocks with I think flags that pop up when you go over them alongside your current time on the level popping up below (which is green or red depending on how it compares to your previous par, or just yellow if it's your first time). When you die, you respawn at the checkpoints. If the level doesn't have checkpoints, you respawn at the nearest platform or near your co-op partner.

Durante

But, that's just what's confusing me: neither me nor my co-op partner have ever respawned. I do remember those flags though, but I thought they were just for telling you your time.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
But, that's just what's confusing me: neither me nor my co-op partner have ever respawned. I do remember those flags though, but I thought they were just for telling you your time.
Wait, respawned at ALL? Then your just playing insane mode all the time instead of normal mode. The difference is insane mode is when you die, the level starts over. Otherwise, Normal mode has regular respawning as described above.

Bought the full game yesterday. Great game!

I just played a round of "Challenge" and it was awesome. This mode is something I would love to see in Super Meat Boy 2. Being able to watch/compete with someone in random levels...and experience that hell together, lol.

Haven't tried co-op yet but a friend of mine bought it yesterday as well so we'll team up soon.

Unlocked Toast a few moments ago.

Worth every penny.

Just to let people know the Jail Breaker achievement has now been patched to unlock.
All you need to do if you have over 50 prisoners is just go into shop and buy 1 prisoner.

Behemoth you bloody bastards.

That final encore room almost killed me with stress last night.
Finally finished my A++ normal playthrough, have started on insane now and working towards unlocking all prisoners.

Will play through a lot slower this time round, not going for A++ yet.

overcast

Holy shit. This game is such a blast. I regularly laugh while playing co-op, just a fun/hilarious game in every way.

I would like it to get a bit more challenging, but that seems to be happening. I hope this game does well, deserves all the success.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
FeaturePost_CatControl.jpg

For the next two weeks, and you can do either the solo or co-op feature. Blog doesn't specify when it stars, it used to be on Fridays but I presume starting now? Will edit post after doing FF now to see.

EDIT: Just got it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't like double posting but.. in case people are subbed and want to be up to date, from the latest devblog.

FeaturePost_LavaLamp.jpg

Animated prisoner for the next two weeks. You can do either the solo or co-op Furbottom's Feature. Also if you log in and play before June 3rd, you have another chance at getting the chicken prisoner in case you missed it for the first feature. Behemoth guys will be giving out codes for this game and Castle Crashers in celebration of their 10th anniversary too, details on the blog.

G17

Thanks once again for the update. I played through the community levels to unlock it and it's one of the best heads yet!

I also just finished the entire game on Insane Mode. Worth it just to have accomplished it but I also have a gold trophy on my back to show for it now. :)

Recently got the gold trophy myself, currently now trying to A+ every level on insane.
Appreciate the update too, think the new prisoner unlock is a fantastic way to highlight community levels, gives a small incentive to play through them.
Glad I got the chicken head too.

Also checked the leader boards tonight and it's well over 200,000 copies now. Thought there would be more people on GAF talking it up.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
FeaturePost_TinyMonkey.jpg

The body of a normal-sized hominid but the head of a tiny monkey creature, you won’t want to miss your chance at unlocking this new prisoner as one of your friends in BattleBlock Theater. All you have to do is complete either the solo or co-op playlist in Furbottoms Features!

For the next two weeks, go solo in WaffleLand or grab a friend and do co-op in The Adventure.

Hurry! The Tiny Monkey will only be around until the next Furbottoms Features goes up on BBT!

The next feature will be up in a week or less I think.

G17

How do you know it will be up in a week or less?

With the Xbox One reveal, I'm quite sad that I won't get to play Battleblock Theatre on the console.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How do you know it will be up in a week or less?

With the Xbox One reveal, I'm quite sad that I won't get to play Battleblock Theatre on the console.
Because the last FF went up about a week ago and was supposed to stay on for about two weeks. Leaves like a week or so for this. It's all a bit informal really, the schedule isn't very rigid, so I'd say people should get on it while they can.

G17

Got the head. It really looks odd considering the size of it! If you like hiding in bushes in levels, this is the head for you.

I'm playing through this co-op with my girlfriend. It's excellent! We must be nearing the end, but we both want it to keep going.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
FeaturePost_MANBIRTH.jpg

Father's Day only unlock. All you have to do is sign in. If it doesn't unlock, go do a level in FF and back out.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
FeaturePost_SAUSAGE.jpg

4th of July prisoner until next week. Just have to log in.

You have to get yourself set on fire, then jump in the water to put it out. This bounces you up high.

I don't think anyone had any idea this mechanic existed apart from the creator of these levels
I did! I think I saw it in a preview video and kinda was reminded when I got into that situation in certain levels and it worked. I think you even have to do that to get the yarn on a certain story level IIRC.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
^ thanks for that.

New prisoners this week.

Until August 15th for just logging into FF:
FeaturePost_FatKid.jpg
FeaturePost_Snail.jpg

For doing either the co-op or solo FF:
FeaturePost_TripThreat.jpg

EDIT: That was the easiest FF by a country mile, damn. I kept moving ahead like "oh there's a catch to this, isn't there?" but there never was lol

EDIT2: Not gonna bother bumping since no one really cares outside of a few people but this week's prisoner until Friday morning, just for logging into FF:

FeaturePost_HATZILLA.jpg

EDIT3: For the next week for doing either solo or co-op FF:

FeaturePost_BUCKLE.jpg

EDIT4: Girrafey to celebrate 5th year anniversary of Castle Crashers. Just for logging in. Also Winston is back until September 3rd in celebration of National Dog Day.

FeaturePost_GIRAFFEY.jpg

Top Bottom