• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Damn this second campaign is awesome (spoilers):

RelievedUnnaturalBlacklemur-size_restricted.gif

Webm version

Looks like someone hit a bees nest.

nikos

Considering I just built a gaming PC, I think I'll have to get this. I'm getting wrecked in the Origin early access though.

OK, so Battlefield twitter is telling people that the countdown timer is correct.

So they advertise a midnight launch but actually its 3am. Its midnight for XBOX, though...

WOW, DICE. That is shady as fuck.

J-Rzez

I hope Battlefield 1.5 is set in WW2 and uses same multiple fronts approach as BF1 is doing. Seeing Pathers and Shermans rolling around and hearing clip pings of Garands with these graphics and audio would be dream come true.

Yeah, I mean I appreciate no lasers or M4s in a shooter, but WW2 has sooo much more variety of weapons, vehicles, planes, and gadgets than WW1. I can't wait for the inevitable and rightfully so WW2 Battlefield to hit. Until then, I'm happy with BF1. :)

Foxxsoxx

DId they seriously try to do a midnight release in the digital age for an early edition?

Anyway, timer still hasn't changed. What can a consumer do if its advertised to unlock at midnight EST, but actually unlocks at 3am?

Anyone that wants to play tonight on PS4 just shoot me a FR, psn is Fakehound. Fuck it I'm going all in D:

Simo

OK, so Battlefield twitter is telling people that the countdown timer is correct.

So they advertise a midnight launch but actually its 3am. Its midnight for XBOX, though...

WOW, DICE. That is shady as fuck.

But in the comments EASupport, verified account, is saying the timer is wrong that it unlocks at midnight eastern and they're trying to work with Sony to fix it.

Microsoft doing the Donald Trump impression.

I really don't know if it's true they delayed the PS4 version to 3am dont get angry LOL

Its advertised for midnight EST launch on PSN store. It suddenly unlocks at 3am. Battlefield twitter won't answer any of the complaints, instead just saying "The timer is correct" and leaves it at that.

Izuna

Banned
I'm playing the Free Trial with EA Access for campaign...

HOLY SHIT THIS IS AMAZING

The historical nature, the immersion... It's like when I first played CoD2. This is absolutely phenomenal.

Simo

Its advertised for midnight EST launch on PSN store. It suddenly unlocks at 3am. Battlefield twitter won't answer any of the complaints, instead just saying "The timer is correct" and leaves it at that.

Keep reading. EA support is saying it's midnight eastern.

Keep reading. EA support is saying it's midnight eastern.

I did. The EA rep said "The countdown timer is correct, we are working with Sony to rectify this issue".

That sounds to me like they are trying to get the advertisement for the midnight EST launch taken down. How is the "countdown timer correct" if he means they are trying to fix it to be a midnight launch? Would make no sense.

Harpua

Just hang in there, man! Friday will be here before you know it.

What class do you play?

I think I'm gonna hold out. I'm a Mon-Fri worker...had this released early on a Friday they would have got me.

I switch it up depending on the situation, but medic is usually my go to. I've yet to fall in love with a good medic rifle though.

Simo

I did. The EA rep said "The countdown timer is correct, we are working with Sony to rectify this issue".

That sounds to me like they are trying to get the advertisement for the midnight EST launch taken down. How is the "countdown timer correct" if he means they are trying to fix it to be a midnight launch? Would make no sense.

Lol what? They're saying it isn't correct and then a few comments down said its supposed to be midnight eastern.

Simo

First time ever seen a wrong timer....fucking weird.

According to EA it's Sony who has fucked it up.
EA Support ‏@AskEASupport 1h1 hour ago
@MashburnBret The Countdown Timer isn't correct. We're working with Sony to rectify the issue now. -Cade

EA Support ‏@AskEASupport 33m33 minutes ago
@SwikkedVenom The game should be playable at Midnight EST. We're working with Sony to get the timer issue corrected. -Cade

EA Support ‏@AskEASupport 19m19 minutes ago
@SlickNickRich The 12am time has been on our public facing articles and news. -Jordan

jaaz

Last two games I saw numerous players banned from servers. This was after some dubious deaths. Hopefully DICE/EA will be on top of cheating at launch.

Karak

Ya of all the things the game offers its the dynamic weather that I felt really added an insane amount of replayability to the title. Its insane

Top Bottom