• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Now that my trial has expired, I'm kind of regretting not buying the digital Early Enlister version. Is there anyway that I could get Microsoft to let me switch? Anyone have any luck doing that with a digital purchase?

The Stealth Fox

So uh.... this game has a lot of solid maps.

Great maps - 5
St. Quentin's Scar - great
Ballroom blitz - great (was afraid this would just be running around indoors but there are lots of out door points and you can flank a ton around the edges as well)
Monte Grappa - great
Empire's Edge - great
Amiens - Great

Okay to suck maps - 4
Fao- okay, passable
Argonne - better than locker and metro and maybe a little better than Suez - meh to ok
Suez- crappy meatgrinder map but not as bad as locker or metro as there are more flank routes
Sinai - meh to suck

Now that my trial has expired, I'm kind of regretting not buying the digital Early Enlister version. Is there anyway that I could get Microsoft to let me switch? Anyone have any luck doing that with a digital purchase?

I went to the PSN store and went to the Early Enlist version of the game. I bought it for $19.99. 1.1MB download and you are ready to go. Just a simple upgrade.

So uh.... this game has a lot of solid maps.

Great maps - 5
St. Quentin's Scar - great
Ballroom blitz - great (was afraid this would just be running around indoors but there are lots of out door points and you can flank a ton around the edges as well)
Monte Grappa - great
Empire's Edge - great
Amiens - Great

Okay to suck maps - 4
Fao- okay, passable
Argonne - better than locker and metro and maybe a little better than Suez - meh to ok
Suez- crappy meatgrinder map but not as bad as locker or metro as there are more flank routes
Sinai - meh to suck

This is the best news. Am i the only one that hated every single BF4 launch map?

So argonne is a metro styled map? :(

Compsiox

Banned
With all those great maps it really surprises me that they chose Sinai for the Open Beta. It turned a lot of people I know away.

This is the best news. Am i the only one that hated every single BF4 launch map?

So argonne is a metro styled map? :(

It's good tho don't worry.

The Stealth Fox

BTW I may be overrating some of these maps because of new game sheen but I can tell you that I'm a sucker for mountainous terrain and that's why I like Monte Grappa and Empire's Edge

St. Quentin's and Ballroom epitomize everything that is good about Battlefield (different parts of the map having different playspaces)

Ya of all the things the game offers its the dynamic weather that I felt really added an insane amount of replayability to the title. Its insane

That's the one feature I've been wanting in a shooter for the longest time. I want it to go even further with random times of day/night

BTW I may be overrating some of these maps because of new game sheen but I can tell you that I'm a sucker for mountainous terrain and that's why I like Monte Grappa and Empire's Edge

St. Quentin's and Ballroom epitomize everything that is good about Battlefield (different parts of the map having different playspaces)

Are there incentives for capping certain flags?

Daigoro

is the trial still going on?

i just got an email for one free month to EA access for pre-ordering the basic edition for some reason.

if i redeem the free month, do i need to turn off auto renew? anyone know?

So far I've enjoyed every map I've played. Only one I haven't played is the Chateau. Suez is a straight grindhouse though, probably my least favorite. Been on both sides (the teams with two points captured and the team with only one point captured) and it fucking SUCKS to be on the losing side.

Honestly I love all the maps so far. Only Suez is iffy at times.

Hit rank 22 and loving every minute. Though I've ran into some crashing issues on PC so I am redownloading in the hopes that a fresh install will help, since I was playing on the trial before I bought the full game and used a VPN to unlock and play early

TheRed

Is there any cheaper way to get the early enlister edition or is origin access discount the best i'll get? I can't wait anymore and will just sell off my standard code when it comes in.

Xyber

i just got an email for one free month to EA access for pre-ordering the basic edition for some reason.

It's simple to do if you have to, so just go for it.

Harpua

Metro had like...1 right?

Is it a meat grinder push map? I dont mind a straight map, I just want it to be good. Seems silly to have 2 maps that are similar

Map is great. I played a few times and teams were constantly capping the opposing team's back flag. Plenty of space to move around.

The train on the map may be another story though. I played against a couple incompetent train drivers. It splits the map at the C flag.

thatJohann

It's definitely slower compared to MP but still nice.

I don't play MP but I was bored to death in the first 5 minutes of campaign trial. Doesn't help that there's so much shit going on at the same time. Couldn't even see the enemies. More annoying than fun so I got bored quickly. Gonna skip this.

I don't believe trials on EA Access really even expire. The trials themselves expire for you after you've spent all of the allowed time. In this case with BF1, you have 10 hours of total play time.

I think it's safe to assume you will need to turn off auto-renew once you activate the free 1 month. You will still need to put in your credit card info.

Schlorgan

I don't believe trials on EA Access really even expire. The trials themselves expire for you after you've spent all of the allowed time. In this case with BF1, you have 10 hours of total play time.

I think it's safe to assume you will need to turn off auto-renew once you activate the free 1 month. You will still need to put in your credit card info.

Correct. The trial will be available with the subscription until the full game makes it to the vault (~16-18 months from now).

I think I'm gonna hold out. I'm a Mon-Fri worker...had this released early on a Friday they would have got me.

I switch it up depending on the situation, but medic is usually my go to. I've yet to fall in love with a good medic rifle though.

Medic is killer in this game. My nephew gets on average of 50-70 kills a conquest match with the medic class. I have to ask him what gun he uses, but he's also in the top 500 Overwatch players globally, so that probably helps : D

You try out support yet? BAR is a beast! But that 20 round clip can mean life or death depending on how trigger happy you are.

Daigoro

It's simple to do if you have to, so just go for it.

cool thx

sorry, i meant the BF early access thing, not the EA trial itself.

ill check it out when i get home from work. thanks.

frontovik

Banned
Has anyone else on PC with EA access time noticed that US West servers are rarely populated? Haven't been able to get into Operations at all.

i'm pessimistic by nature, but i don't see this getting fixed. afraid i'll have to somehow sleep and play tomorrow morning

I highly doubt it gets fixed. They shouldn't be let off so easily, though. It was and still is advertised as launching at midnight EST. Sony needs to answer for this bullshit.

Drewfonse

Medic is killer in this game. My nephew gets on average of 50-70 kills a conquest match with the medic class. I have to ask him what gun he uses, but he's also in the top 500 Overwatch players globally, so that probably helps : D

You try out support yet? BAR is a beast! But that 20 round clip can mean life or death depending on how trigger happy you are.

Smells like medic riding around in a heavy tank all game

TheRed

Fuck it I bought the early enlisted edition. This game is worth it to me.
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are my off days from work so it just makes sense.

Ferny

EA is the one that changed the time of release. The Sony rep I spoke to said they were notified of it earlier today.
What do you mean? The timer has been 3am pst for a while now. The store has said 12 midnight est tho. The difference doesnt make sense.

Dmax3901

Approaching the end of my trial and dreading it. Having a fucking blast with this game and I've barely touched SP or Operations.

One question: how the hell do you use the stuff you get from battlepacks?

What do you mean? The timer has been 3am pst for a while now. The store has said 12 midnight est tho. The difference doesnt make sense.

The rep on the phone advised me they were notified by the "Developer" today to change the time. This what I am getting from Sony. Their text chat is down at the moment, probably flooded by inquiries.

Izuna

Banned
Guys, if you're playing Campaign, and your controller disconnects... repause the game after you reconnect it otherwise enemies are invincible. I can repeat this bug with minor success. Xbox One.

Ruined everything..

Top Bottom