• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

MchugN

Anybody else's stats get a little messed up since the update? My time played went from over 60 hrs down to 47. Not sure if my other stats are correct or not.

5taquitos

Anybody else's stats get a little messed up since the update? My time played went from over 60 hrs down to 47. Not sure if my other stats are correct or not.

Playtime was being incorrectly reported, fixing it reduced your total playtime and boosted your SPM.

The Dude

Man this poor dude, ended a match where I killed him 13 to 1 lol... Course I been on the other end of that also with a guy who's always there to finish me off. But that was a beat down, he was just there every corner I turned

The Dude

Man that's so great to hear they're checking into it. It's not like it's unplayable but it's definitely not as glorious as it looked and ran day 1 of the pro.

Ok so we defended all three runs on oil empires and only lost one sector....
held on the first sector for over 500 tickets

Redders over 80k points for one operation!!
I got over 60k.

Overall if you stick to defensive tactics used pre-patch you will still win this defending it just takes longer.

42-4 win loss
32 win streak....

We are absolutely destructive....

Ukps4gaf is the pinnacle

I got over 60k.

Overall if you stick to defensive tactics used pre-patch you will still win this defending it just takes longer.

42-4 win loss
32 win streak....

Ukps4gaf is the pinnacle
Damn. Solid work. Curious to hear about defense on other maps too.

Redders

I got over 60k.

42-4 win loss
32 win streak....

Ukps4gaf is the pinnacle

210 squad orders completed certainly contributed!

Game time of around an hour and 10 minutes or so, would be far longer against a better team.

Is it possible to turn emblem pieces diagonally in the companion app? I cannot seem to figure out how.

edit: Solved it, app way being laggy or something and not turning them.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
lol. Top player nearly both rounds of attacking Operations. Told to shut up due to commanding folks via text-chat. Won anyway by ignoring that person.

el oh el.

lol. Top player nearly both rounds of attacking Operations. Told to shut up due to commanding folks via text-chat. Won anyway by ignoring that person.

el oh el.
Stop showing us how to win! Just let us alone to snipe and lose! Lol, good job keepin them in line seks.

@faceless the PlayStation quad my main mang. Unless your full time on Xbox nowadays if so I'll just get it on the bone.

The patch really did balance the game in favor of the attackers. We as the attacking team took all but the final objective in 64-player Ballroom Blitz on our first wave and then won the game easily on our second wave. That never happened pre-patch, no matter how bad the defenders were!

Now that Suez has been updated with 5 flags and a bit more breathing room overall, I think my most hated map is now officially Fao Fortress. I have never seen so many snipers in my life. What a miserable experience, every single time!

Anyone else DESPISE that map? (Referring to Conquest by the way.)

Random17

Ugh, one of the biggest pet peeves in this game is Bayo charge. It just feels cheap, especially when spawning in on a teammate or similar and die asap...
I know it is not super good but I dont see the point of it in the game. It is simply there to be annoying for us who PTFO and close quarters.

Don't even get me started on dying to bayo from behind (by someone who jumped out of an airplane) after picking up a sentry kit..

Honestly the bayo charge is the only useful attacking strategy in areas of total deadlock. It's annoying, but the game has too many chokepoints and the bayo is a greater counter to them.

I got over 60k.

42-4 win loss
32 win streak....

Ukps4gaf is the pinnacle
I'd love to experience this glory but the party always fills up in 3 seconds...

My server browser is broken on PS4. Had a custom filter that is still there, but it's showing servers that aren't a part of my filter, like empty servers, wrong game modes, etc

edit: making a new filter doesn't work. cool.

My server browser is broken on PS4. Had a custom filter that is still there, but it's showing servers that aren't a part of my filter, like empty servers, wrong game modes, etc

edit: making a new filter doesn't work. cool.
You're not alone there, my buddy was reporting that after the patch his PS4 filters stopped working properly too. Despite having the filter set to only our region, he's getting out of region servers showing up, etc.

terrible

Banned
I used the Jesus 10 Hunter and blessed many a player tonight. Holy hell it's even better now than it was before this patch. What on earth were they thinking. There were multiple times where I one shot someone from probably 30-40 meters.

Now that Suez has been updated with 5 flags and a bit more breathing room overall, I think my most hated map is now officially Fao Fortress. I have never seen so many snipers in my life. What a miserable experience, every single time!

If it makes you feel any better it's a pile of unbalanced dogshit in Domination too.

terrible

Banned
source.gif

DaciaJC

Gold Member

It's one of my least-favorites, but I think I still hate Suez the most, even after the update. I was curious how DICE would add the extra flags, thinking they would expand the map sideways so as to make flanking more viable.

Welp.

terrible

Banned
I get quad kills all the time with loads of different guns. The hate the shotty is getting is lol worthy. Just be happy we finally have a useful shotgun in a video game for once.

The ease in which you can get 4-6 kills with a shotgun is wild. Most guns have a sort of sweet spot where they do best but there's still usually a counter. With shotguns? Nah, nothing can outgun it in its sweet spot. It's complete domination. It has too big of a sweet spot too which is what makes it most problematic.

Also you don't have to aim at all. Shotguns easily take the least amount of skill to use.

For anyone who plays Medic: are the skull icons still appearing for you in-game since the patch?

I've heard from a few people that since the patch they still show up on the mini-map, but not in-game.

The ease in which you can get 4-6 kills with a shotgun is wild. Most guns have a sort of sweet spot where they do best but there's still usually a counter. With shotguns? Nah, nothing can outgun it in its sweet spot. It's complete domination. It has too big of a sweet spot too which is what makes it most problematic.

Also you don't have to aim at all. Shotguns easily take the least amount of skill to use.

They take the least amount of skill to use but they are only game changers if you are a good assault player as well. An average player wouldn't get anywhere near top of the table with one.

Are you guys playing? I wanna join in.

sweetAsstb0ne on PSN

Add luvs_2_squidge on psn. I've got a group chat with over 50 players. That's the group with 32 wins in a row on operation

I'd love to experience this glory but the party always fills up in 3 seconds...

Only 8 spaces on a group with over 50 members. Gotta be fast. Normally someone sets up a second group too.

On November 26th we are going to have a mass gaf brawl so everyone gets to play

terrible

Banned
They take the least amount of skill to use but they are only game changers if you are a good assault player as well. An average player wouldn't get anywhere near top of the table with one.

Yeah positioning and smart play are still needed to top a leaderboard even with the Jesus 10.

My confidence while playing with that puppy goes through the roof, I just know that I won't lose a single 1 on 1 encounter unless I really screw up and put myself in a position where I'm out of its effective range. It's the only gun in the game where I can really say that. It shreds the Domination game mode, there's no real point in using any other gun on most maps if you're serious about winning.

In Operations it'd be a different story, there would be enough times where you'd be forced to play out of its effective range so it wouldn't feel half as OP.

Ashhong

Cross posting from the BF1 performance thread...

Please help! Today Battlefield 1 just keeps crashing. It loads, goes someways into the menu, and then says encountered an error and needs to close. I don't know what's causing it. I am on Windows 10 anniversary update. Ran the install fixer tool and everything.

Top Bottom