• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Hey, we're all different.

It's not about dying to something and instantly wanting a nerf. It's about dying to something that I feel takes no skill what so ever as players just shoot random locations and bottle necks.

And there are situations that are impossible to counter. I wish it was a simple as 'that guy killed me, now I know where he is'.
Mortars in Argonne forest for example are impossible to react against.

I'm not saying I want them removing, I just wanted them to take more skill to use or for them to be less frequent.
Please do explain how exactly it takes no skill? i dont get comments like this, it seems as if you only think that takes no skill because you're the one getting killed. Shooting bottle necks and apparently "random" (how random must they be if you are there dying) locations takes no skill? What exactly do you think takes skill? Sorry to sound like a dick but you die, get over it and quit bitching.

I did. Is your avatar a sack boy?

Sure is. I'll add you to the right groups later if I haven't already

Yeah positioning and smart play are still needed to top a leaderboard even with the Jesus 10.

My confidence while playing with that puppy goes through the roof, I just know that I won't lose a single 1 on 1 encounter unless I really screw up and put myself in a position where I'm out of its effective range. It's the only gun in the game where I can really say that. It shreds the Domination game mode, there's no real point in using any other gun on most maps if you're serious about winning.

In Operations it'd be a different story, there would be enough times where you'd be forced to play out of its effective range so it wouldn't feel half as OP.

I use the exclusively in operation. You'd be surprised how little it leaves you at a disadvantage if you play it properly. So many people can't cope with someone using cover and Constantly sprinting around a location haha

The jesus 10 haha I like that

kriskrosbbk

Guys is your menu lagging during browsing? Not during a game,but the main menu. Multiplayer,server browser etc..It was not there before 1.04 among the other shit we got...PS PRO.

Guys is your menu lagging during browsing? Not during a game,but the main menu. Multiplayer,server browser etc..It was not there before 1.04 among the other shit we got...PS PRO.

Yeah, it's all kinds of fucked. Can we just get a rollback >_<

Another bug that happened to me is that I was playing a bunch of games and never getting battlepacks. Turned back on my system and suddenly had 5

chiliboy

Just start adding people I guess. My ID is AgentStrange0 on Origin. Feel free to add and join in a match when I'm on.

This last time took so long that I got kicked from being idle. I was like, "Yeah that's kinda what I wanted".

I'm up for it! Where do I sign up?

Please join us in GAF discord :) go to first page of this OT to find it, we were 5 ppl squading up yesterday and the day before that - lots of fun!

steelchiliboy on origin - add me!

xviper

played Hardcore, waste of a huge potential, such a shame

the Time To Kill is perfect, especially for snipers, they finally kill with one bullet

no map, awesome, you don't know where the one killed you at, great

the mode could have been awesome like in Bad Company 2, but Dice decided to fuck it up

you can't see who you killed, or didn't, when you kill someone, you don't get a note saying you killed him and how many points you get so you pretty much don't know if you killed him or not, the only way to know is hearing the sound of the kill which will not be heard during gunfire

for example, when you throw a grenade, you don't know if you killed anyone unless you hear the sound, and even if you did you don't know how many you have killed

and to make the mode even worse, Dice decided to make you not be able to recognize who is you enemy and who is your ally, there is no text above the players, there is an icon above your teammates but it doesn't show up unless you come VERY close to him and perfectly aim at him then it finally shows up, so pretty much you will kill your teammate without knowing it

the Bad Company 2 Hardcore sniping dream on Battlefield 1 is DEAD

thejpfin

I think the new patch made Quentin Scar color filter blinking worse.
I'm talking about this:
MrRHPfg.gif
When it starts to blink, it blinks so rapidly now that it gives me a headache.
This problem was in the Alpha too and is still not fixed. Dice pls.

Edit. I tried to put gif in the spoiler tag, so mobile users can rest easy, but spoiler tag is not working for gifs? Oh well, sorry mobile users or people with slow internet.

Recall

So loaded up Battlefield for first time in 3 days and just looked at the new customise option and all my ranks have been reset?

What the fuck?

I shouldn't be surprised as every DICE update always breaks more than it fixes but resetting progress is bullshit.

chiliboy

So loaded up Battlefield for first time in 3 days and just looked at the new customise option and all my ranks have been reset?

What the fuck?

I shouldn't be surprised as every DICE update always breaks more than it fixes but resetting progress is bullshit.

Join a game, it should be fine after.

On a sidenote - rolled back to Nvidia driver 375.70 yesterday - the game runs awesome now, constant 135 fps with my GTX 1080 (except for the fact that my non overclocked i7 4790k with HT is running at 100 % a lot and causing it to reach insane temperatures that not even lintest or prime95 has managed.)

So now I can post a match report about last nights defence in proper detail.

Defending on Oil of Empires;
Pre-patch;
Hardly ever lost the first sector - usually took 45 minutes. Hardly ever lost a single flag infact. Even when dreadnought came it was usually a complete wall.

Post-Patch;
First wave we held the opponent on the first sector. A couple of occasions they snuck a flag capture but UKps4gaf held strong and pushed them back to their territory line. Tanks were destroyed very fast by myself and Stiltz.

Second wave we held the opponent once again on the first sector. The dreadnought eventually went down thanks to brilliant bombing runs by Kyliedog. The sniper suppression on the hillside by my boy Nitro was insane.

Third wave we got them down to 80 tickets. It took two tanks, a boat and a horse to rush A and then slowly they overpowered us on B. We were not happy. 520 tickets we held the opponent at the first sector.

Thanks to insane short range possibilities defending A on the second sector we cleaned them up easily.

Overall it took around 75 minutes or more - much longer.

I got over 60k match score and I came third. Redders stole the show with over 80k coming top.... those revives were intense.
My boy nitro with the sniper suppression ran 83-43

TL;DR - If you stick to the same tactics you used 'pre-patch' then defence is effectively very little difference. Attacking is much easier in a squad but defence is barely different.

42-4 win/loss
32 in a row for UKps4Gaf

Model 10 still amazing

Daigoro

I get quad kills all the time with loads of different guns. The hate the shotty is getting is lol worthy. Just be happy we finally have a useful shotgun in a video game for once.

lets not act like it's not OP though. if it gets a bit of a nerf it will still be an awesome gun. it needs to be toned down.

For anyone who plays Medic: are the skull icons still appearing for you in-game since the patch?

I've heard from a few people that since the patch they still show up on the mini-map, but not in-game.

only spawned as medic a few times post patch, but i didnt notice a lack of skulls laying around to be revived.

Man sometimes it takes abnormally long to get a fresh operations on ps4.

ive been put in mostly empty servers since the patch. spent 8-10 minutes in an empty Domination server before it filled up today.

i think they broke something.

Monte grappa conquest sucks after this patch :( 4 planes endlessly dropping nades is so shitty.
There is no real balance, once one team dominates its over. They can just spam whatever flag u get

For anyone who plays Medic: are the skull icons still appearing for you in-game since the patch?

I've heard from a few people that since the patch they still show up on the mini-map, but not in-game.

Yes! I can't Rez people. I'd say like 1 out of 10 just don't work. Mi iMap does show it though.

lets not act like it's not OP though. if it gets a bit of a nerf it will still be an awesome gun. it needs to be toned down.

Pre-patch I defended it like hell

Post-patch - yeah it's ridiculously OP but in such a hilarious way

The thing people moaned about most has been made more frequent.

Redders

Yes! I can't Rez people. I'd say like 1 out of 10 just don't work. Mi iMap does show it though.

I haven't noticed a difference in reviving people or seeing the icons in game, still managed 62 revives on Oil of Empires which I've done before the patch. Only time I can't revive people is the same as pre patch such as them being stuck in benches, sandbags etc.

I didn't even realise you could see the skulls on the mini map haha.

I haven't noticed a difference in reviving people or seeing the icons in game, still managed 62 revives on Oil of Empires which I've done before the patch. Only time I can't revive people is the same as pre patch such as them being stuck in benches, sandbags etc.

I didn't even realise you could see the skulls on the mini map haha.

You revive like 50+ people per game minimum and you didn't even know the skulls show up on minimap?

Beast mode unlocked

Recall

So what's the go to Medic gun of choice?
Beyond the syringe of course :)

Edit: every quickmatch I've tried in the last hour has seen me been put into empty lobbies that aren't filling up so no match can begin.

I'm guessing less people play at this time or matchmaking is weird again.

So what's the go to Medic gun of choice?
Beyond the syringe of course :)

Edit: every quickmatch I've tried in the last hour has seen me been put into empty lobbies that aren't filling up so no match can begin.

I'm guessing less people play at this time or matchmaking is weird again.

Last night UKps4Gaf had this in operations.

We cancelled and reloaded and it worked first time.

Melee killed someone from behind less than a second after they spawned last night. I had just killed the guy they spawned on.

They must have had a huge WTF moment.

Melee killed someone from behind less than a second after they spawned last night. I had just killed the guy they spawned on.

They must have had a huge WTF moment.

I killed a gang of peasants all reviving each other in the exact same spot last night on Iron Walls.

I felt a bit sad after a while. Reviving just to get instantly blown away. So pre-occupied with reviving they didn't notice my sinister ass stood there with the Model 10.

Is there any way to join this community so I can play with you guys? Level 54

Add Luvs_2_Squidge to ps4 mate.
I'll add you to our group chat of 50+ people and our community of 120+ people

Official party is up 22:00 every night but smaller groups come up at other times. If the main group fills we normally run a second group.

Also November 26th at 22:00 we are having a gaf vs gaf game - My team vs Redders team. 40+ Gaffers haha.

Sorry for double post - meant to edit my original post

Recall

Battlefield is not kind to me today. I think I'm gonna have to do something else, even quitting before the next round starts takes forever and it's all just annoying now.

It was honestly quicker to close the application, re-launch it than to use the quit option.

kriskrosbbk

Add Luvs_2_Squidge to ps4 mate.
I'll add you to our group chat of 50+ people and our community of 120+ people

Official party is up 22:00 every night but smaller groups come up at other times. If the main group fills we normally run a second group.

Also November 26th at 22:00 we are having a gaf vs gaf game - My team vs Redders team. 40+ Gaffers haha.

Sorry for double post - meant to edit my original post

bless fam.will do in the afternoon

Machina

Banned
I just got thrown into 3 different Operations matches where the team was getting demolished. This is fucking annoying. OPERATIONS ON SERVER BROWSER PLZ

I got it last night. I'm no killing machine, but there were a few satisfying blasts to opponents faces in the ukgaf game!

Haha you used it to?

I think there must have been about 3 of us running with it.

No wonder we destroy the opponents. Especially with Redders and Fatty reviving over 100 tickets between them every game haha

Redders

You revive like 50+ people per game minimum and you didn't even know the skulls show up on minimap?

Beast mode unlocked

Might be a slight exaggeration there! Normally around 30 but defending Oil of Empires is easy mode.

If you can see people from further away it shall be.

Might be a slight exaggeration there! Normally around 30 but defending Oil of Empires is easy mode.

If you can see people from further away it shall be.

Yeah you aren't joking. Three maps and we've only been pushed back to the final sector on the first map once....

It's one of my favourites to attack or defend to be fair.

Conquer Hell is up next. Fingers crossed we get a defensive run.

I'm in the top 1% for revives world-wide according to battlefieldtracker.com and did not notice as well. LOL

Yeah I think two of our medics are in the top 1% - could be in the top 500 of players.

You on ps4?

Redders

I'm in the top 1% for revives world-wide according to battlefieldtracker.com and did not notice as well. LOL

What position in the top 1% are you at?
Won't be happy if you're above me!

Yeah I think two of our medics are in the top 1% - could be in the top 500 of players.

PS4 I'm 174th and on the Global leaderboards (Assume that's all platforms) I'm 457th which are both top 1%.

Top Bottom