• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

meppi

I'm in the top 1% for revives world-wide according to battlefieldtracker.com and did not notice as well. LOL

Hmm, I'm in the top 2% Scout score as that's my go to class, yet I'm in the top 9% for score/minute. Top 3 accuracy and top 5 dog tags taken. lol
Guess 98% of them really do play the game wrong. ;P

Recall

Why would a medal for medic ask me to get rifle grenade kills? That's not medic related at all.

Do I remove syringe or medic pack... silly game.

Edit: requesting order makes you squad leader if they don't issue one. Yes!

Not going to lie I think TDM is my new favourite mode. It's much more reliant on twitch gameplay and it's much easier to anticipate enemy movements, meaning I fucking wreck most games.

Operations is a little trickier.

Harpua

Why would a medal for medic ask me to get rifle grenade kills? That's not medic related at all.

Do I remove syringe or medic pack... silly game.

Edit: requesting order makes you squad leader if they don't issue one. Yes!

Silly is right. If you want to do it, setup a separate class with the rifle grenade and med pack and use it on Argonne and Suez.

Prepared to be frustrated when using it if it's not your style.

This is hilarious: the patch broke the server browser filters completely on PS4.

You can't actually filter by anything: not game mode, not region, not slots... nothing. No matter what criteria you enter you'll just get a random assortment of servers from around the world, various game modes, almost all empty. New filters don't work, nor do existing saved filters which worked fine previously. So unfortunately there's no server browser on the PS4 right now.

GG DICE.

Have a look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFHQGntfEWs

My friends are reporting the same thing.

Daigoro

This is hilarious: the patch broke the server browser filters completely on PS4.

You can't actually filter by anything: not game mode, not region, not slots... nothing. No matter what criteria you enter you'll just get a random assortment of servers from around the world, various game modes, almost all empty. New filters don't work, nor do existing saved filters which worked fine previously. So unfortunately there's no server browser on the PS4 right now.

GG DICE.

Have a look:

they fucked up quickplay as well somehow, because im constantly being placed in completely empty servers

Redders "let their be life"

Always that MVP by far :)

When I top the board over Redders I know I've gone full berserker haha

It's amazing how much of gaf are in the top echelon's of all players

Not going to lie I think TDM is my new favourite mode. It's much more reliant on twitch gameplay and it's much easier to anticipate enemy movements, meaning I fucking wreck most games.

Operations is a little trickier.

When we do our Gaf vs Gaf game how about you be on my team and we do TDM....

Then we'll see how good Redders is haha

They better fix this by next saturday or doing a private server for Gaf vs Gaf will be difficult...

GG DICE.

Have a look:

Maybe next time instead of releasing a 12 page pdf full of fixes they can have a 6 page one but of stuff that is properly fixed?

Maybe next time instead of releasing a 12 page pdf full of fixes they can have a 6 page one but of stuff that is properly fixed?

OohBurn.gif

Last night was great on ps4GAF, I much prefer it when it isn't a complete walkover and we have to really push hard. Capping the bunkers in iron walls was tough, and the last point in kaisertown was hit or miss for a while, but we managed to get our shit together and give the hun a darned good British style thrashing, six of the best, trousers down. I even managed to get my 6th service star for the heavy tank (when I actually got a tank and not just spawn as a tanker).

Does using a support supply box refill dynamite and AT nades if you're assault? It will resupply my own limpets and mortars but I don't seem to get more gadgets as another class if I use one.

Last night was great on ps4GAF, I much prefer it when it isn't a complete walkover and we have to really push hard. Capping the bunkers in iron walls was tough, and the last point in kaisertown was hit or miss for a while, but we managed to get our shit together and give the hun a darned good British style thrashing, six of the best, trousers down. I even managed to get my 6th service star for the heavy tank (when I actually got a tank and not just spawn as a tanker).

Does using a support supply box refill dynamite and AT nades if you're assault? It will resupply my own limpets and mortars but I don't seem to get more gadgets as another class if I use one.
Yes eventually

Yeah it does resupply but I think there must be a cooldown coz it isn't instant.

Yeah that Iron Walls match was the hardest one we've ever faced. For the first time EVER we got held at the bunkers for a life.... still went on to wipe the rest of the operation but yeah that meat wall was intense.

Kaiser is normally a tough cookie and the fact we lost an attacking run on the first map always puts us under greater pressure.

The fast captures on the second map and storming the three objective sector on the first map helped loads.

Conquer Hell is next (forest one). Hopefully we defend to see how hard that is this time round. Without Redders and Fatty we might find it very hard.....

Maximus P

Please do explain how exactly it takes no skill? i dont get comments like this, it seems as if you only think that takes no skill because you're the one getting killed. Shooting bottle necks and apparently "random" (how random must they be if you are there dying) locations takes no skill? What exactly do you think takes skill? Sorry to sound like a dick but you die, get over it and quit bitching.

Wow, so many people 'not trying to be dicks'. Seems I've ruffled some mortar users feathers in here.

You are assuming that I haven't tried mortar myself. I use support primarily and I've used mortars before, and a lot of my kills were luck, firing at places I assumed other players may be and picking up kills. Ive played teams of players where a large portion of the team would blanket fire locations picking up kills. I just thought the game would be better with a slight nerf.

Anyway, it's apparently pointless explaing now without being called out for bitching and moaning. EA nerfed, your gripe is with them now.

We all have our own desires for the game, I've seen some in here calling for the shotgun nerf while others are basking in shotgun heaven and praying that it never comes, others have asked for a behemoth nerf, sniper nerf, tank nerf and so on. I wouldn't say they were moaning or bitching, people have their own views on what they think would improve the game.

Wow, so many people 'not trying to be dicks'. Seems I've ruffled some mortar users feathers in here.

You are assuming that I haven't tried mortar myself. I use support primarily and I've used mortars before, and a lot of my kills were luck, firing at places I assumed other players may be and picking up kills. Ive played teams of players where a large portion of the team would blanket fire locations picking up kills. I just thought the game would be better with a slight nerf.

Anyway, it's apparently pointless explaing now without being called out for bitching and moaning. EA nerfed, your gripe is with them now.

We all have our own desires for the game, I've seen some in here calling for the shotgun nerf while others are basking in shotgun heaven and praying that it never comes, others have asked for a behemoth nerf, sniper nerf, tank nerf and so on. I wouldn't say they were moaning or bitching, people have their own views on what they think would improve the game.

Well said mate. Everyone has opinions and luckily EA/DICE haven't listened to any! haha. Nerf the shotty they said - buffed.

The amount of times I've been told to use a gun that takes 'skill' and told the shotgun takes 'no skill'. It's just typical butthurt 'hurr durr they killed meh' philosophy. It doesn't take skill to get the odd kill here and there but it takes skill to be as effective as people claim the weapon to be.

I am most definitely a shotgun basker for the record.

Yeah it does resupply but I think there must be a cooldown coz it isn't instant.

Yeah that Iron Walls match was the hardest one we've ever faced. For the first time EVER we got held at the bunkers for a life.... still went on to wipe the rest of the operation but yeah that meat wall was intense.

Kaiser is normally a tough cookie and the fact we lost an attacking run on the first map always puts us under greater pressure.

The fast captures on the second map and storming the three objective sector on the first map helped loads.

Conquer Hell is next (forest one). Hopefully we defend to see how hard that is this time round. Without Redders and Fatty we might find it very hard.....

I attacked the train last night with assault and stood by a supply box for ages to get more dynamite and it never resupplied. Must not have been long enough. I ended up going support and mortaring the shit out of it from behind a rock.

I managed to get my tank all the way up to the bunker in iron walls and tons of people were using me as a spawn point if they couldn't get a res. You can cap it by standing on the roof so it's just a numbers game of brute forcing the cap really. But when a point is tough to cap, people tend not to leave it undefended and it makes it harder to cap the other 2.

And we also capped final kaiserville sector with <50 tickets remaining, so under the prepatch system, we would have lost another battalion doing that.

Hope to make it on for Conquer Hell tonight. If I do then it will only be for one operation though.

I've been neglecting the Support class and playing the other 3 mostly, anyone got any tips for Support WEAPONS ... I've tried the first gun and another one but can't seem to get a handle on them like I can with the other classes primary weapons.

Is it true we need to hold down fire for extended time to be accurate with LMG's ?

Thanks

I attacked the train last night with assault and stood by a supply box for ages to get more dynamite and it never resupplied. Must not have been long enough. I ended up going support and mortaring the shit out of it from behind a rock.

I managed to get my tank all the way up to the bunker in iron walls and tons of people were using me as a spawn point if they couldn't get a res. You can cap it by standing on the roof so it's just a numbers game of brute forcing the cap really. But when a point is tough to cap, people tend not to leave it undefended and it makes it harder to cap the other 2.

And we also capped final kaiserville sector with <50 tickets remaining, so under the prepatch system, we would have lost another battalion doing that.

Hope to make it on for Conquer Hell tonight. If I do then it will only be for one operation though.

Yeah man that all sounds good to me. Your tank spawn was invaluable to actually take that objective in the end. You aren't wrong, we'd have needed another life on Kaiser. It's not unusual for us to either white wash it or be balls against the wall on it.

I've been neglecting the Support class and playing the other 3 mostly, anyone got any tips for Support WEAPONS ... I've tried the first gun and another one but can't seem to get a handle on them like I can with the other classes primary weapons.

Is it true we need to hold down fire for extended time to be accurate with LMG's ?

Thanks

Yes that's true :)
Personally I like the Merce-bernial for the early gun but once you unlock it the BAR is quite good.
Unfortunately all the LMG are pretty shit in comparison to other classes

Thanks

I'm leveling up support now that I'm at level 10 assault. I prefer the Bennet Mercenary or whatever it's called with the AA sight, or optical sight if it's a big map and I'm going to provide covering fire and enemy spotting. I tried the BAR and while it is good and accurate, the mag size is appalling.

Tactics wise, you can be on the front lines, just wait for the assault to charge in and follow in behind with medics. Keep the supply box out and use limpets if you're facing tanks, or mortars if you're providing distance cover. Repair tool is handy if you see people abandon tanks and you want to hijack them, but it's not really often enough to keep it as a regular loadout option.

If you have a unicorn sniper on your team
(one who uses flares and spots their targets regularly)
keep them supplied and use mortars on their targets.

Also, use incendiary grenades to provide area denial and resupply yourself. You'll keep people off objectives indefinitely.

I'm sure there are some support pros with more tips. I'm only level 5.

You guys keep wating time ranting about weapons ballance and whatnot and nobody is giving any attention to the main omission in the game: ludicrous unlockable mustaches.

Make it happen, Dice.

I'm leveling up support now that I'm at level 10 assault. I prefer the Bennet Mercenary or whatever it's called with the AA sight, or optical sight if it's a big map and I'm going to provide covering fire and enemy spotting. I tried the BAR and while it is good and accurate, the mag size is appalling.

Tactics wise, you can be on the front lines, just wait for the assault to charge in and follow in behind with medics. Keep the supply box out and use limpets if you're facing tanks, or mortars if you're providing distance cover. Repair tool is handy if you see people abandon tanks and you want to hijack them, but it's not really often enough to keep it as a regular loadout option.

If you have a unicorn sniper on your team
(one who uses flares and spots their targets regularly)
keep them supplied and use mortars on their targets.

Also, use incendiary grenades to provide area denial and resupply yourself. You'll keep people off objectives indefinitely.

I'm sure there are some support pros with more tips. I'm only level 5.

Solid tactical advice right there. This is exactly how you play to your role. Notice this, UKps4Gaf is all about roles and objectives.

The key to success in this game when combined with solid squad leadership/tactics.

Acinixys

Just saw this comment on one of Levelcaps Videos

Donald Trump Load out:

Be a medic because he says he will heal America, but probably won't
Mondragon: (but dont use the Mexican skin)
Kolibri: To fit his tiny hands
Incendiary grenade: "YOU'RE FIRED!"
Grenade launcher: Make America Grenade Again&#65279;!

I hate Trump, but this got a smile out of me

Yeah man that all sounds good to me. Your tank spawn was invaluable to actually take that objective in the end. You aren't wrong, we'd have needed another life on Kaiser. It's not unusual for us to either white wash it or be balls against the wall on it.

It doesn't even need a tank for that though, I'm sometimes willing to sacrifice my SPM and scoreboard place for the match by just sitting in a car or bike to act as a spawn point for a tricky cap. Having a cannon to hassle incoming enemies is just a bonus really.

I think a GAFvGAF pigeons session would be quite fun. TDM would be impossible with the amount of revives that would be thrown around. One match would last longer than an Oil of Empires operation.

@ Disagree Guy & Dot Matrix

Thanks for the replies and info, will give it another good go with Support class and try and get a handle on these weapons.

They just seem to bounce around as they fire and bullets going everywhere ... Then I switch back to Momdragon or Sebstlader and it's tap tap tap and the guy is dead, I even get some crazy range tap fire kills with the Automatico which I had totally overlooked until yesterday. Will put more time into these LMG's and see how I go.

Recall

I fucking love that shit squad leaders are a thing of the past. If I request two orders and you ignore them guess who automatically gets put as squad leader?

That's right, me.

Then the team starts earning actual points and claiming objectives.

I fucking love that shit squad leaders are a thing of the past. If I request two orders and you ignore them guess who automatically gets put as squad leader?

That's right, me.

Yeah, it's awesome. I thought "hey, what a nice guy, promoting me as a squad leader" in the first times it happened with me.

It doesn't even need a tank for that though, I'm sometimes willing to sacrifice my SPM and scoreboard place for the match by just sitting in a car or bike to act as a spawn point for a tricky cap. Having a cannon to hassle incoming enemies is just a bonus really.

I think a GAFvGAF pigeons session would be quite fun. TDM would be impossible with the amount of revives that would be thrown around. One match would last longer than an Oil of Empires operation.

I was thinking something similar. War Pigeons or Rush. Potentially Domination or conquest.

To be honest most people don't like TDM on BF1. So far most votes have been for Amiens Conquest.

That's right, me.

I'm a good leader but a shit squad leader haha. I always forget to tag objectives.

You on tonight buddy?

Recall

I like Rush a lot but I may be alone in that. It has clear objectives.

Conquest seems like a slower paced Operations but any Battlefield is good Battlefield.

I like Rush a lot but I may be alone in that. It has clear objectives.

Conquest seems like a slower paced Operations but any Battlefield is good Battlefield.

I like Rush because Model 10 kills.

Then again any Model 10 kill is good Model 10 kill

The holy jesus stick

I was thinking something similar. War Pigeons or Rush. Potentially Domination or conquest.

To be honest most people don't like TDM on BF1. So far most votes have been for Amiens Conquest.

I don't get on well with TDM. It's way too unfocused and chaotic. I like to know what my team needs to do and what direction the enemy is likely to come from. It's a good COD mode but doesn't fit well with BF I reckon. People seem to like it though, to each their own.

I like pigeons for the sphincter clenching moments when it's 2 all and you release the final pigeon and pray some chump with a pump doesn't shoot it down.

I don't get on well with TDM. It's way too unfocused and chaotic. I like to know what my team needs to do and what direction the enemy is likely to come from. It's a good COD mode but doesn't fit well with BF I reckon. People seem to like it though, to each their own.

I like pigeons for the sphincter clenching moments when it's 2 all and you release the final pigeon and pray some chump with a pump doesn't shoot it down.

hahaha chump with a pump

I love that.

To be honest
I've only played Operations and one game of conquest...........

hahaha chump with a pump

I love that.

To be honest
I've only played Operations and one game of conquest...........

Seriously? The other modes are pretty fun too. We should do a round or two of Rush. It's just like a mini operations, but you don't have to hold both points at the same time. We'd steamroll every match. And if people work together and spot enemies, the artillery barrage is a beast against unruly snipers.

Seriously? The other modes are pretty fun too. We should do a round or two of Rush. It's just like a mini operations, but you don't have to hold both points at the same time. We'd steamroll every match. And if people work together and spot enemies, the artillery barrage is a beast against unruly snipers.

I might put it forward to people if we ever lose our operations streak. Can't quit on a 32 win streak....

Also it's a good option for when there is less than 8 people online.

Recall

I might put it forward to people if we ever lose our operations streak. Can't quit on a 32 win streak....

Also it's a good option for when there is less than 8 people online.

There are so many people in the group that I'm surprised that you would ever have less than 8 people on or available.

The Dude

For me it just boils down to simply less nerfs possible. When someone says they got randomly killed by a mortar and it needs nerfed just I don't know, it just doesn't sound right. Because perhaps someone caught you running into that shack and then says time to aim my mortar there, it's very viable.

I look at it like this, not every kill is precision. How many times have we chucked a gas grenades and 20 seconds later get a kill because obviously some poor soul ran into it with no health? It's happened plenty of times for me and against me, but a kill is a kill even if it's a bit random. That's my only point with calling for a mortar nerf is that sure it might not require as much skill as other weaponry but other types of kills aren't always exactly skillful like nades.

I think it's because I'm not the best out there, but I hold my own against the hunter A, mortars, snipers etc.... I simply learn how to battle it, I'm just not a fan of nerf calling, never have been

Harpua

I thought I saw something in the patch fixing being randomly killed by the remains of the blimp? This happened a few times to my group last night.

The Dude

So the first hardcore server I joined hardly any action at all. Everybody was sitting back sniping.

That's lame... Sniping is so boring, I feel like such a pussy any time I've sat back on a hill. Getting a few kills here and there but I can never get into it, just feels weak in any game

Top Bottom