• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2 Psuedo-Clan Thread

Doom_Bringer said:
My DVD drive isn't reading any cd's or dvd's, I ordered a cheap burner and will have it by next week.

I can't wait to play with you guys ^_^
Actually, interest seems to have died down. We haven't managed to play together in the past 3 weeks, maybe by next week people will be back? I regularly check the other guys' scores and their points have hardly moved.

Rorschach

Since you guys moved the day, I haven't been able to play. :(

I stopped going in random servers because it's just no fun when it's 10 vs 40 because most of my team is killing each other or camped out sniping a non strategic point.

rc213

I'm still waiting on OCZ to get my memory back. They said it was shipped next day so I should be good to go starting tommorow, unless I have the same issues. =\

WISH ME LUCK!

Good news, I'll be back in the Japan timezone in a couple of weeks! Why is this good news? Well, it means that we can play in the (US) evenings again, which is far more convenient for most people, although I'm not sure about Otaku as he works nights.

So, watch this space, we'll have a new time slot soon. Oh, I need to update my tag as I've gone up a rank!

marvelharvey said:
Good news, I'll be back in the Japan timezone in a couple of weeks! Why is this good news? Well, it means that we can play in the (US) evenings again, which is far more convenient for most people, although I'm not sure about Otaku as he works nights.

So, watch this space, we'll have a new time slot soon. Oh, I need to update my tag as I'm gone up a rank!

actually thats awesome news!

I'm not working nights currently so I should be good to go :D

Wensdays FTW!

rc213

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Finally I am back, Felt good woopin chopper ass in the tank again. If anyone wants to play I'm game just look me up on xfire: rc213!

Damn OCZ sure took their sweet ass time but I got a brand new pair of 2x1GB sticks. :)

ghst

thanks for the laugh
I'm back for real.

So I took a gamble and just bought a new 600w psu, NO MORE LOCKUPS.

I havent been able to play a pc game for more than 20 minutes for about 2 months. Now is a good time.

sharkie

Sorry I haven't been on for a while I've been working alot for some time now and now i'm a little more free so I'll be up for this on the usual times.

p.s sorry Harvey computer crashed and for some reason and now I can't access EA's master server and I can't log in, anyways I'll log on if I ever see you on mate, night night.

sharkie said:
Sorry I haven't been on for a while I've been working alot for some time now and now i'm a little more free so I'll be up for this on the usual times.

p.s sorry Harvey computer crashed and for some reason and now I can't access EA's master server and I can't log in, anyways I'll log on if I ever see you on mate, night night.
I'm always on that SuperServer... 154 hours of Jalalabad!

bigsnack

Harvey, are you still suiciding? :)

Sorry I've been out of the loop guys, I've been cheating on BF2 with Gears of War and BF2142. Any word on an official night, or are we sticking to Saturday mornings?

bigsnack said:

Sorry I've been out of the loop guys, I've been cheating on BF2 with Gears of War and BF2142. Any word on an official night, or are we sticking to Saturday mornings?

I thought we'd be moving back to Wed. once Harvey got back to the UK :)

bigsnack said:
Indeed I am, I tend to stay on the same server and the regular players no longer use tanks.

Well I'll be back in Japan in 7 days, which means we can finally have a Wednesday evening game on [checks diary] November 29th (thursday morning for me)

rc213 said:
Patch 1.41 is out but no change log is available yet.

Boring...

==================================================

Battlefield 2?: V1.41
ReadMe File
October 2, 2006

Patch v1.41

BUG FIX

- Fixed an extremely intermittent server crash bug.

Patch is over 500MB (for a tiny fix) yet my BF2 folder has grown by 6MB, well done EA.

Now to see if my game has become bugged to fuk...

They don't seem to happen anymore, I regularly check everyone's scores and apart from a couple of people, they're all the same as they were a few weeks back. I've returned to Japan and EA have closed down the Japanese servers for some reason and the pings to other countries are too high (for me to maintain my kill:death ratio and pointsperminute)

Once I tire of Earth Defense Force 3, I'm sure I'll be back.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
We'll im good togo whenever you are, I wish this board got more attention, i'm sure there are dozens of GAF'ers that would be totally into this if they knew about it.

Maybe over the holiday period, we should try and have a game, how about sometime on saturday 30th? To get things going, we should either post in the gaming forum, inviting people, or just PM all the people in this thread.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
marvelharvey said:
Maybe over the holiday period, we should try and have a game, how about sometime on saturday 30th? To get things going, we should either post in the gaming forum, inviting people, or just PM all the people in this thread.

I think letting the gaming forum actually know of our existance might be an idea, aslong as it comes with some troll-repellant disclaimer about nobody actually coming to this board.

What the ****. /livejournal

OK, usually stuff like this doesn't bother me, but my friend and I always lock our squad to keep the dumbasses out and to keep our chat private. Well, some douche admin off of Losers-Server.com decided to kick us for having a private squad because "cheaters, hackers, and general twats leave squads locked." Of course, we fought back--but when you're fighing authority, you don't usually win. We came back a few times to RPG him and teabag him, but we got kicked and he took too much pleasure out of it for us to keep trying.

Anyone else's fun been ruined by asshole admins?

marvelharvey said:

That's fine. I know I'll be on the 23rd and 25th for sure. I'm thinking of some other events that involve consoles, but I think it'll be a good time to take out my stress on some people, haha.

bigsnack

Okay, I'm officially back as well. My new comp is built, and I'm finally experiencing great framerates for the first time ever. I'll start keeping my eye out for you guys on xfire.

Top Bottom