• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2 Psuedo-Clan Thread

Yeah, good game guys. Shame that my suicide bombing tendencies keep me away from the resupplying/healing teamwork that I'm normally doing. But on Jalalabad, those tanks NEED to be taken care of.

Good fun, need to get this restarted once more!

EDIT: BTW, it's not like I'm the official match scheduler, if you guys want an impromptu scrim, just post here any time...

WK

Rorschach

marvelharvey said:
Yeah, good game guys. Shame that my suicide bombing tendencies keep me away from the resupplying/healing teamwork that I'm normally doing. But on Jalalabad, those tanks NEED to be taken care of.
Yeah, and they're easy points. I got 110 points as anti-tank on that map. I would just take out tank after tank and packed car = 4 easy 1 shot kills whee! :lol Have a resupply guy on you and you're golden.

bigsnack

AgentOtaku said:
great game again everyone! Sorry I was so late....was watching my son while the wifey slept in :)

As always...look forward to the next match

PS: sorry we couldn't get a game of BF2142 going BigSnack =(

All good! I don't know what happened, and then teamspeak went out to lunch as well :lol Hopefully I'll be making the games more often so I'm sure we'll get a chance to make it happen.

Great games guys, it's really good to have some personable people to game it up with!

fallout

Yeah, today was fun. BF2 is definitely more enjoyable like this, heh. Apologies for the quietness of TS, I've only ever used vent before, so I'll try to get that worked out.

sharkie

Good game guys, its a pity my mic and TS were acting up otherwise I would've taken the usual squad leader postion.

AgentOtaku said:
sounds good to me :D

....can Marvel make it?

Actually if people want a couple of games or can't make one of the days, I'll be online both Saturday and Sunday, I've a very boring weekend ahead of me ;)

Bit of a rant now...

For some reason, I've played a few games this week when my team mates have been most unhelpful. I've been stood next to a support guy, shouting "I need ammo", "I'm bingo on ammo", "I need ammo", "I'm bingo on ammo", "I need ammo", "I'm bingo on ammo", "I need ammo", "I'm bingo on ammo", "I need ammo", "I'm bingo on ammo", "I need ammo", "I'm bingo on ammo", "I need ammo", "I'm bingo on ammo", "I need ammo", "I'm bingo on ammo", "I need ammo", "I'm bingo on ammo", "I need ammo", "I'm bingo on ammo", "I need ammo", "I'm bingo on ammo", "I need ammo", "I'm bingo on ammo"

And he's just ignoring me running about, I even fire a few shots at him to try to get his attention, but alas, no. This problem has also been with medics too, I can't seem to catch a break when asking for help from my fellow team members. This has happened countless times over the last few days, over multiple servers :(

Anyway, I've found a way to wind up these type of players. I'll find a car and jump in the drivers seat, then find the player that's been irritating me and say "Jump in", which they're more than happy to do after ignoring all my other requests. Next I'll drive around the battlefield, looking for a teammate to run over. Once I've spotted a victim, I drive full speed at them and at the last moment, I jump out the car. The unhelpful and unawre passenger of the car receives the teamkill and probably a punishment as to the victim, the driving looked very deliberate. Which it was, but little did the victim know that I WAS DRIVING. I then run over to the guy on the floor, revive him and even receive some praise while the passenger is wondering why he just lost 6 points.

Other note: Apparently, Xfire effects the performance of BF2 and will give a framerate drop. I suggest that once we all meet up on a server, close Xfire down to minimize the loss.

See you guys at the weekend, I promise to not jump out when I'm driving ;)

lol, that's the best! Will try, I hate freelancing, but there are a lot of selfish players I've been playing with the last few weeks!

Rorschach

Yeah, and I don't get it...they get points for helping you out and they don't want any of it...

That's weird about Xfire. It doesn't really affect me. I always thought it would hybernate while I was in game like Gamespy.

For the people up for a Sunday match, TeamSpeak seems to be down. If anyone is up for a game, PM me when you're online and let's try to either try to join either...

24/7 jalalabad devastation
Robert Reed
Digital Anarchy

We all seem to get reasonable pings there, hope to see some of you online soon!

sharkie

marvelharvey said:
For the people up for a Sunday match, TeamSpeak seems to be down. If anyone is up for a game, PM me when you're online and let's try to either try to join either...

24/7 jalalabad devastation
Robert Reed
Digital Anarchy

We all seem to get reasonable pings there, hope to see some of you online soon!

I just joined the server you were on and you seemed to have just left :(

sharkie

marvelharvey said:
Oh... if you post here in the next 20 mins (so I know you're still up for a game), I'll get right back on!!!

Sure mate I'm up for it :D, sign in to xfire and will sort it out.

Well I've already been playing for *hours, my eyes are hurting... but I need to finish the weekend with some teamwork. Time to boot up in PC mode, see you in a few minutes

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Ever since I bought a new SATA Hdd and loaded windows onto it (and put in an extra gig of ram) my PC has been a total ass. After 30 mins of gaming itll freeze and play an infinite loop, after which im lucky to get 10 minutes without it freezing again.

Possible PSU issue? I mean im running off 400watts but its pretty bog standard.

rc213

xhadoukenx said:
Ever since I bought a new SATA Hdd and loaded windows onto it (and put in an extra gig of ram) my PC has been a total ass. After 30 mins of gaming itll freeze and play an infinite loop, after which im lucky to get 10 minutes without it freezing again.

Possible PSU issue? I mean im running off 400watts but its pretty bog standard.

You could start by playing with the side panel off and maybe a house fan pointed towards the inside of the case to rule out heat. Also memtest is a must to check for memory related problems.

I will be back playing with you guys once I get my rma through for my memory. Memory took a dump on me luckily OCZ has a lifetime warranty. :)

Was playing a game this afternoon, I was the highest ranking member on my team, yet if was to join the opposition, I would have been the lowest.

32 privates and sergeants vs 32 generals... very owned.

AgentOtaku said:
yeah I will be this time for sure...really sorry about missing the other 2 times =/
don't worry, this isn't something serious, we're all playing for fun, and if you're like me, enjoy every moment, even when walking on a claymore.

okay nevermind. I can't make this morning! (>__<)

I was called into work for some military stuff.....but if anyone is up for it, maybe try a game this sunday morning? Say 10am PST???

TeamSpeak is down again... I'm thinking they must have server maintainance or something on Saturday mornings, can't be bad luck after 3 weeks.

rc213

Muthaeffin OCZ still hasn't returned my memory and I'm on a 500mhz Duron, 16mb video, 128mb system memory anyone think BF2 will run on this machine? :lol

Seriously, what the hell is up with the team speak server....is it permently down and we have to get a new one??? didn't Wasabi set it up?

My DVD drive isn't reading any cd's or dvd's, I ordered a cheap burner and will have it by next week.

I can't wait to play with you guys ^_^

Top Bottom