• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

PROSTHETIC

Neo Member
Ok has anyone gotten the bug where you cannot spawn no matter what? I'm NOT talking about conquest assault, this happens to me on Conquest and on Rush, where basically I can't spawn period. It's infuriating.

PNut

Banned
So I borrowed this game from a friend today to try it out, but it want let me play online MP without purchasing a 800 MP Online Pass. I already pay for XBOX Live and the developer wants more, just to play online? What the fuck?

Blue

Banned
I got the CITV station finally. Kharg island defense first set shall be good. I will be bugging you guys to get inside my tank.

JJD

I got the CITV station finally. Kharg island defense first set shall be good. I will be bugging you guys to get inside my tank.

Hey man glad to see you here!!! :)

I didn't say that you ditched me, I said that because team balancing really sucks! It split our awesome 2 man army!

Also, check you friend requests on battlelog! I sent you one months ago, the request expired and I sent you another! That way when I'm online at my computer if I see you playing I will join your games!

Best. Bug. Ever.

It's been around since the BFBC2 days; if anyone ever figures out how to reproduce it, be sure to tell me but not DICE :p

I was the last one to join the squad, when 4 players were already around. I joined the game via XMB, that's the only thing I did! I think it's kinda random...

Blue

Banned
Hey man glad to see you here!!! :)

I didn't say that you ditched me, I said that because team balancing really sucks! It split our awesome 2 man army!

Ah. I just didn't want you to think that I ditched you. I don't mind playing against you guys on conquest, especially when it's not very competitive. I take rush more seriously and will not be enjoying myself if I lose any round of rush!

Ah. I just didn't want you to think that I ditched you. I don't mind playing against you guys on conquest, especially when it's not very competitive. I take rush more seriously and will not be enjoying myself if I lose any round of rush!

ah, the good old days of making blu rage in bfbc2.

JJD

ah, the good old days of making blu rage in bfbc2.

The only ones I saw raging when I played with him were the adversaries when Blue destroyed an mcom tank sniping or with RPGs!

Man I remember a Port Valdez game were we went alone against a team of 5. First set tank snipe the mcom until you brought the house down. Second one RPG sniping from that hill near the oil pipes! After that everyone at the other team left, and we just armed all the others until the end of the game! Sooo good!

Also, I thought everyone could jump in the CITV of my tank if I had it unlocked! Sorry for all the times I asked you to man it gazer! Half the time the squad chat wasn't working, the other half I couldn't understand what you said! Again, my apologies!

Overdoziz

Banned
So I borrowed this game from a friend today to try it out, but it want let me play online MP without purchasing a 800 MP Online Pass. I already pay for XBOX Live and the developer wants more, just to play online? What the fuck?
You can still play the singleplayer!
ha

Facism

Some "game developers" in the SSX thread honestly believed that the online pass made the game worth $70, and that online was a rare and precious resource only affordable by those who buy new.

When I first bought the game, I forgot that I even put in the online pass code. I took the game over to my buddies house to play some MP, but we couldn't unless he paid 800 points to get the online code for his gamertag. I had to drive back to my house to get my HDD and bring that back over so we could play. I hate online codes.

Also, Faceless needs to play on 360 sometimes. Nobody likes those ps3 guys anyways....

yeah, it sucks that they do this. at the end of the day, it just makes the online population for the game drop faster than if it didn't require a pass... you can get a 48 hour trial though.

http://onlinepass.battlefield.com/

Ok has anyone gotten the bug where you cannot spawn no matter what? I'm NOT talking about conquest assault, this happens to me on Conquest and on Rush, where basically I can't spawn period. It's infuriating.

Are you talking about spawning on squad-mates? all of them? I've found if someone is up against a wall or some rubble or something else, you can't spawn on them…it drives me nuts, especially if that's the only person in your squad who is still alive.

olimpia84

I think I sound more like a whiny bitch. Now if you want some real rage, beat olimpia. I'm left in awe when I lose with him. I wonder what his neighbors think.

Losing is not an option for me :p

BTW no disconnects this morning, yay!!

BoatAck

Losing is not an option for me :p

BTW no disconnects this morning, yay!!

Yeah, I heard you yesterday after I first joined on the Canals. You didn't sound too pleased with our teammates. Rightfully so, someone on our team bailed and gave the LAV to the other team!

olimpia84

Yeah, I heard you yesterday after I first joined on the Canals. You didn't sound too pleased with our teammates. Rightfully so, someone on our team bailed and gave the LAV to the other team!

Yeah, I always get paired up with retarded random teammates and need to turn my headset on to yell at them. Thankfully you joined and we took care of business after that Canals round.

PROSTHETIC

Neo Member
Are you talking about spawning on squad-mates? all of them? I've found if someone is up against a wall or some rubble or something else, you can't spawn on them…it drives me nuts, especially if that's the only person in your squad who is still alive.

Imagine every possible scenario that you CAN spawn.. well when the bug happens, none of those are possible anymore. Watching a dude run from A to B going about his BF3 duties of shooting and running, and I can't spawn on him, the other squadmate OR the home base during REGULAR conquest operation firestorm, then there's a problem. Anyways, I'll assume I'm alone in having this problem and not whine about it anymore lol.

Blue

Banned
serious?

I was checking my battlelog account and noticed how things are screwed up. It says I have zero A-10 kills and some uasa-12 kills..I've never even shot the usas. For some reason the m4a1 won't save for my engineer kit and always starts with the aks-74. I've played 90 hours and got 6 service stars for the ump and scar which felt like I got during the first 30 hours. since then I haven't received anything above 2 stars. I have 3 for the 870mcs which had to be earned a while ago (I haven't touched it in weeks).

I guess what I'm trying to say is that my stats aren't being saved. Anyone else have this problem?

Imagine every possible scenario that you CAN spawn.. well when the bug happens, none of those are possible anymore. Watching a dude run from A to B going about his BF3 duties of shooting and running, and I can't spawn on him, the other squadmate OR the home base during REGULAR conquest operation firestorm, then there's a problem. Anyways, I'll assume I'm alone in having this problem and not whine about it anymore lol.

No. you're not alone. When I get this I leave a squad join a squad, change kit configurations and then suddenly I can spawn again. One time I did this for 5 mins to no avail and just quit. Anyway, quoting myself to see if anyone has the problems I explained yesterday.

JJD

No. you're not alone. When I get this I leave a squad join a squad, change kit configurations and then suddenly I can spawn again. One time I did this for 5 mins to no avail and just quit. Anyway, quoting myself to see if anyone has the problems I explained yesterday.

I'm pretty sure I have some kills with weapons I haven't used before. I always thought that I got then picking up random kits when I'm out of ammo.

As far as personal stats go, I don't have any major problems with battlelog, clan stats on the other hand are kinda messed.

Blue

Banned
Do guns upgrade universally for all kits? I was using the famas and showed that it had zero progress on it let alone any service stars. The fuck? I guess when I use the russian engineer kit no weapon advances. FUCK!

Overdoziz

Banned
Do guns upgrade universally for all kits? I was using the famas and showed that it had zero progress on it let alone any service stars. The fuck? I guess when I use the russian engineer kit no weapon advances. FUCK!
Probably server problems. Happened a lot in BC2.

U2NUMB

yeah, it sucks that they do this. at the end of the day, it just makes the online population for the game drop faster than if it didn't require a pass... you can get a 48 hour trial though.

http://onlinepass.battlefield.com/

I wish they had put in something similar to how Homefront did the online pass. Play as long as you like but you will max out at level 5 unless you pony up the 10 bucks. They certainly needed some sort of built in trial because as per usual the game is pretty good at selling itself to people if they get a chance to play it.

I wish they had put in something similar to how Homefront did the online pass. Play as long as you like but you will max out at level 5 unless you pony up the 10 bucks. They certainly needed some sort of built in trial because as per usual the game is pretty good at selling itself to people if they get a chance to play it.

Wow, yeah, that's a million times smarter, not just better.

Dakar

Banned
Noob question here: When I invite friends on live it looks like there are only four slots. Is it possible to team-up with more than three friends and join games?

JJD

Noob question here: When I invite friends on live it looks like there are only four slots. Is it possible to team-up with more than three friends and join games?

I'm on a PS3 here, but if it's possible your party is going to get split in at least 2 squads, since each squad is made of only 4 players. Also with team balancing I bet you guys could end on opposing teams.

Try to search and find a mostly empty server that would have slots for everyone on the same team. Then pray other people join on the other team!

Violater

I cant sign into multiplayer, it just freezes up when I click on the selection.
Any ideas?

So now I try to go into SP player for 10 seconds than boots me out saying connection to EA online lost seriously WTF

Is it just my bad luck or does no one ever talk in this game online on 360? Its been like a month since I heard a voice. I have the team speak option on or whatever its called.

JJD

It seems that next week Dice will reveal the next DLC pack for BF3.

There's been rumors of an "all american" pack, featuring maps on New York, Miami, Jersey (?), and San Francisco. It is said that Dice is also considering a snow themed map (a setting unfortunately absent from BF3).

So what do you guys think? What kind of maps would you like to see in a new DLC?

I for one would like to see some of those Bad Company 1 maps that everyone talks about since I didn't play that game.

olimpia84

New maps will be nice, some of them are starting to get old already. As far as old maps, I'm hoping to see Panama Canal in there, loved that map in BC2.

It seems that next week Dice will reveal the next DLC pack for BF3.

There's been rumors of an "all american" pack, featuring maps on New York, Miami, Jersey (?), and San Francisco. It is said that Dice is also considering a snow themed map (a setting unfortunately absent from BF3).

So what do you guys think? What kind of maps would you like to see in a new DLC?

I for one would like to see some of those Bad Company 1 maps that everyone talks about since I didn't play that game.

I would love to see the All American map pack, not so much a Jersey map though..... I played a lot of BC1 but barely remember the maps. There were some that I might want to see come back, but for the most part, I would rather see brand new maps. Or some more BF2 maps....

Soma

While I'd like to see brand new maps I wouldn't complain if we got revamped BC2 maps of Panama Canal, Arica Harbor, Valparaiso, or Atacama Desert. Even some old maps from 1942 would be pretty cool too. The All American map pack thing would be interesting as well if true. While I'm excited for urban/city maps I'm also afraid they'll just be more funnel type maps like Op Metro :/

I'd like to see more weather effects like the rainy-ness in Grand Bazaar and obviously some snow maps would be cool too. I wonder if they'll add in more weapons like in B2K? I miss the SPAS-12 (we could use more pump-action shotties) and the GOL (favorite rifle in BC2 <3). Eh, I'm just listing off stuff on a personal wishlist don't mind me.

Guess we'll see next week. :)

JJD

I would love to see the All American map pack, not so much a Jersey map though..... I played a lot of BC1 but barely remember the maps. There were some that I might want to see come back, but for the most part, I would rather see brand new maps. Or some more BF2 maps....

Well someone at Dice (I don't remember who) said that Dragon Valley was almost included in the B2K pack, so we might see it eventually.

New maps will be nice, some of them are starting to get old already. As far as old maps, I'm hoping to see Panama Canal in there, loved that map in BC2.

Lol, you always started your games on that map! But yeah, Panama Canal was awesome! I wonder why they never made a rush version of it.

While I'd like to see brand new maps I wouldn't complain if we got revamped BC2 maps of Panama Canal, Arica Harbor, Valparaiso, or Atacama Desert.

Personally I would love some BC2 maps as well but at a discount price. For 15 bucks I would rather see something new! And I pretty much prefer BC2 maps over BF3 ones.

And if they're charging 15 bucks for the new pack, they better have more maps than B2K since now we're probably not getting new weapons.

Jas

played some lovely bc2 with ejas...so much more fun than bf3...

but...not having a good squad around is raging

Agree on both counts :)

I had to take a break from BF3 because it was freezing constantly on me and along with the other issues the game has it was too frustrating.

I'll be back on the 6th for the new patch.
If anyone feels like playing BC2 from now until then just send me an invite.

JJD

Any tips on getting some kills with the DPV jeep? I'm missing 3 to unlock the MK3A1 shotgun, and I'm having a hard time trying to get then.

Is it a good weapon? I'm getting tired of the USAS...

I was never a shotgun guy, but I grew tired of getting killed with it (and frag rounds), so I decided to counter troll using it. The thing is...it's quite fun using frags! So I'm willing to try different shotguns now!

Top Bottom