• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Blue

Banned
Any tips on getting some kills with the DPV jeep? I'm missing 3 to unlock the MK3A1 shotgun, and I'm having a hard time trying to get then.

Is it a good weapon? I'm getting tired of the USAS...

I was never a shotgun guy, but I grew tired of getting killed with it (and frag rounds), so I decided to counter troll using it. The thing is...it's quite fun using frags! So I'm willing to try different shotguns now!

I obliterate usas and the like with the famas and m4a1 easily. I will never stoop to their level!
The MASS is better imo against auto-shotguns in CQC.

Just run people over or next time park somewhere where you have a great vantage point and kill as many as you can with MG until you're dropped with a rpg.

Any tips on getting some kills with the DPV jeep? I'm missing 3 to unlock the MK3A1 shotgun, and I'm having a hard time trying to get then.

Is it a good weapon? I'm getting tired of the USAS...

I was never a shotgun guy, but I grew tired of getting killed with it (and frag rounds), so I decided to counter troll using it. The thing is...it's quite fun using frags! So I'm willing to try different shotguns now!

it's not as accurate as the USAS and i think it fires slower, but it has a larger mag!

what i did was park at a 45 degree angle in the corner of A on 3 flag Oman and just shoot people.

Has Dice mentioned anything about buffing the stingers or nerfing the helicopters because at the moment there is no fucking reason the equip the stinger. The pilot has to be an idiot to get shot down from one.

Has Dice mentioned anything about buffing the stingers or nerfing the helicopters because at the moment there is no fucking reason the equip the stinger. The pilot has to be an idiot to get shot down from one.

This has been brought up before; GAF didn't agree. "Teamwork" is the supposed recourse.

Miggytronz

as long as the chopper stays in range and it flares your 1st shot the 2nd shot will hit and disable.

AGAIN, if it stays in range.

This has been brought up before; GAF didn't agree. "Teamwork" is the supposed recourse.

I could see how it would be a problem on the pc when you with 10+ people trying to lock onto you at once, but on consoles I am lucky to have one other person trying to help me.

*Edit- You are better off taking pot shots with the rpg

I could see how it would be a problem on the pc when you with 10+ people trying to lock onto you at once, but on consoles I am lucky to have one other person trying to help me.

*Edit- You are better off taking pot shots with the rpg

Ignore the chopper?
That tactic has never failed me.

Also, there is a perfectly good reason to equip the stinger: to takedown MAVs that are causing trouble for your team (ex: MAV/mortar combos.)

Kak.efes

I have about a thousand kills in the attack helicopter. Stingers work, I can assure you, and I'm always trying to evade missile lock by multiple infantry, not just one. God, I wish it was just one.

JJD

I am trying to get my last ribbon, the stationary emplacement ribbon. Why don't kills from the AA gun on the carriers count?

Place some mines in a good spot, then run to a rocket launcher and stay in it until someone goes over your mines. The kill will register as an stationary weapon kill.

Did it once on Bazaar, dropped a lot of mines on the main road besides the closest flag to my base, went to the rocket launcher nearby and waited. 1 and a half minute later a LAV passed over my mines and I got 6 kills, 3 stationary weapon ribbons in one go.

Another good place might be flag C on Caspian. There's a rocket launcher nearby.

I obliterate usas and the like with the famas and m4a1 easily. I will never stoop to their level!
The MASS is better imo against auto-shotguns in CQC.

Just run people over or next time park somewhere where you have a great vantage point and kill as many as you can with MG until you're dropped with a rpg.

Lol, I'm not a man of principles!

rdrr gnr

Not to be too off-topic, but it was easier that messaging my entire friends list. Anyone here interested in Twisted Metal? I'd love to play with you guys again, but I don't think I have anymore BF3 in me (not even with the upcoming patch).

I only have 1 ribbon left to earn, the air warfare ribbon. Fuck this ribbon. I tried for 3 hours and never got a single kill. It'll take me a month to get enough practice to get any good in a jet or helicopter because you can only get one a couple times each game with all the other people camping for them. Not to mention since I don't have any kills I don't have any flares, so when I do get an air vehicle I am promptly shot down. I try to get the gunner seat in the attack helicopters, but with so many people fighting for them along with the odds of matching up with a good pilot I haven't had any luck it all. Shit's frustrating.

JJD

Not to be too off-topic, but it was easier that messaging my entire friends list. Anyone here interested in Twisted Metal? I'd love to play with you guys again, but I don't think I have anymore BF3 in me (not even with the upcoming patch).

I'm probably going to get it, but BF3 will still be my main multiplayer game!

What about Bruiserk?

I only have 1 ribbon left to earn, the air warfare ribbon. Fuck this ribbon. I tried for 3 hours and never got a single kill. It'll take me a month to get enough practice to get any good in a jet or helicopter because you can only get one a couple times each game with all the other people camping for them. Not to mention since I don't have any kills I don't have any flares, so when I do get an air vehicle I am promptly shot down. I try to get the gunner seat in the attack helicopters, but with so many people fighting for them along with the odds of matching up with a good pilot I haven't had any luck it all. Shit's frustrating.

Are you on PS3 or 360? Add some gaffers and gun for then on the chopper! Faceless is a good choice since he plays on both consoles and is a good pilot! That's the only way I got mine, can't pilot choppers or jets at all... :-(

Good games earlier today guys! Blue, Faceless, Dreamgazer, Kurisub and Olimpia!
We must have played for at least 6 hours, Conquest and a lot of Rush games, and we didn't lose a single one!!! Including Op. Metro! Lot's of fun games!

Great games tonight…despite one of my best matches ever the nemesis ribbon still eludes me! At least I finally unlocked the USAS! Feels good to get some revenge even if it does feel dirty. I'll probably switch back to the FAMAS though, was really doing good with it tonight.

yeah, those were some good games tonight!

i felt bad for than unranked dude on the other team, 1 kill and under 500 points total in 4 games.

shout out to that enemy pilot who decided not to even try and shoot me down in like 4 games straight! i don't think your ground vehicles liked that!

what platform do you play on?

olimpia84

i felt bad for than unranked dude on the other team, 1 kill and under 500 points total in 4 games.

Yesterday while I was playing with some randoms in the afternoon there was this guy in the other team that was level 48 and after two games he was something like 0-20 (first game 0-11, second 0-9). I can't remember his points but he finished last on both games. How the heck did he get to that level by being such a sucky player?

Blue

Banned
Yeah, good games. After the game game on firestorm in which I used the a-10 exclusively I noticed that my 2000+ points went to my engineer kit, not my jet kit. This has happened before, does it happen to anyone else?

Seanspeed

Banned
Yesterday while I was playing with some randoms in the afternoon there was this guy in the other team that was level 48 and after two games he was something like 0-20 (first game 0-11, second 0-9). I can't remember his points but he finished last on both games. How the heck did he get to that level by being such a sucky player?

Could have had a friend over or something.

My roommate plays a lot on my account and he kinda sucks, so people probably say the same when seeing 'my' performance sometimes.

Alternatively, he could have just been goofing off.

Had the same problem for a long time. I'm still not a very good heli pilot as a result, but I'm still trying cuz it'll be great once I get decent at it. And I've still yet to get a single point in a jet. At this point, I've just given up on it. I dont even bother getting into planes anymore.

Yeah, good games. After the game game on firestorm in which I used the a-10 exclusively I noticed that my 2000+ points went to my engineer kit, not my jet kit. This has happened before, does it happen to anyone else?

the A-10 for some reason doesn't give points to the jet, it gives points to your kit like transport vehicles do. the Su-25 works properly though.

JJD

There's a bug in the A-10! Ohhh and I bet at least 1000 of those points where from destroying my tanks in the most inappropriate hour! Lol!

Edit: Late!

what platform do you play on?

360. GT is Billy Crystals, you're on my friends list actually. If any good pilots on GAF are feeling generous enough to try to help me get the ribbon just send me a friend request, I'm on a lot in the evening.

I'm level 41 and I was probably having similar games last night trying to get the air warfare ribbon. Maybe he was trying to learn how to fly the jet or something.

360. GT is Billy Crystals, you're on my friends list actually. If any good pilots on GAF are feeling generous enough to try to help me get the ribbon just send me a friend request, I'm on a lot in the evening.

I'm level 41 and I was probably having similar games last night trying to get the air warfare ribbon. Maybe he was trying to learn how to fly the jet or something.

omg, Billy Crystals! we'll play BF3 Choplifter next week, i fly, you shoot.

it's weird associating gamertags with way different GAF names...

tn2007

Can someone please help me get the air warfare ribbon too? I can't fly a jet or a heli worth a damn. I'm on ps3 and my psn id is thn2008.

Jezabel

PS3 player here PSN joshizzled.

really love this game, about to hit 45, fingers crossed this VOIP patch fixes the problems, really doing my head in trying to talk to my mates

I've put the game down until DICE patches all the MAV riding and frag round spamming.

Any new updates as to when we'll be getting the next TU?

Also I remember Patrick Bach and Karl Magnus Troedsson sating that they were going to be much more aggressive with DLC maps for BF3. What happened there?

I've put the game down until DICE patches all the MAV riding and frag round spamming.

Also I remember Patrick Bach and Karl Magnus Troedsson sating that they were going to be much more aggressive with DLC maps for BF3. What happened there?

the MAV riding glitch... really? I mean drag rounds sure but come onnnn. Just learn to have fun man.

MAV riding is AWESOME!

JJD

MAV riding is AWESOME!

Well, looks like mav riding is done for.

• Weapon specific accessory tweaks: accessories such as silencers, foregrips etc. will now be tweaked on a per weapon basis and not globally. All accessories are expected to be tweaked in this patch. For more, see a full list of accessory tweaks.
  • A fix for MAV riding will be applied
  • Random “Bad Luck” deaths will be fixed across all platforms.
  • PlayStation 3 users will see a VOIP fix
  • Drivers will now get 50 points for “vehicle assist kills”. Pilot assist points will be increased as well.
  • Sniper rifles will get increased accuracy after aiming-down with Red Dot or Holo sights.

And a few unconfirmed patch notes, but issues/features that DICE are looking into:

• The USAS-12 with Frag rounds will be balanced (unconfirmed: DICE has said they are looking into it).
  • The resupply speed on the M320 grenade launcher might get increased, according to DICE.
  • Horn sounds will be added to Humvees and other transport vehicles.
  • Fall damage is being looked into as well.

None of this is confirmed, but what really boggles my mind is that supposedly they are nerfing mortars again, as they won't be deployable in the spawn are anymore. As much as I hate mortar spamming, this is the wrong way to fix it, and it will be a huge nerf to attackers at least on the first base. Countering mortars is so easy....

This site is supposed to contain the list of the changes, but it won't load for me. And it seems Google cache is gone... :-(

Also, it seems that the M-com defender ribbon will be easier to get now! You will probably just need to kill an enemy near the m-com, instead of killing one while he is arming! I already have it, but it will make it easier to obtain the medal.

xclaw

Any release notes on the ps3 patch? How is VOIP? Can't wait to see if I can actually talk to my teammates tonight.

Top Bottom