• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xevren

StalkerUKCG said:
Seriously can they patch the menus to remove that distortion crap everytime i highlight/select something its horrible on my eyes.

If I ever meet the person who implemented that awful design I'm kicking them as hard as I can in the junk.

Calibur

F#A#Oo said:
My UK copy of BF3 has arrived!!! YEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHH!

Its a bit sad though that nowadays you'll need an online pass to play games...that is some BS...can't loan my game out no more to family and friends..

Well if you had the PS3 version, couldn't you create a dummie for close friends and family when u lend the game to them?

JWong

Banned
KingOfKong said:
I hope they patch in a bomb or something for the jet. They are totally worthless outside of racking up pts as an engineer with stingers. I have not had a jet kill me nor seen a jet affect the game in any way other then ambient noise.
Uh I don't think stingers can even get to them. Once a jet pilot gets flares, stingers are useless.

Jets can just do strafing runs nonchantly killing everything. They don't even need bombs.

Is there a way to view weapon damage stats? I see rate of fire etc but no damage like in BC2.

Edit: Beaten just up the page.

cackhyena said:
So why can't I find damage output for the different guns I'm looking to equip?

So yeah what about this?

KingOfKong said:
I hope they patch in a bomb or something for the jet. They are totally worthless outside of racking up pts as an engineer with stingers. I have not had a jet kill me nor seen a jet affect the game in any way other then ambient noise.
They do as an unlock. The trouble is getting enough jet XP to unlock em but hey, that's what the A10/Frogfoot are for - their main gun utterly decimated tanks, unlocked from the get go.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Hey somebody posted a link earlier where you can change your soldier name or your origin name or something like that. Where do you find that option?

froliq said:
oh my conquest in operation metro is such a mess lol

what were they even thinking

The mistake everyone makes is dicking around waiting on the cap for A or C depending on your side. First team to B pretty much always wins so that should be your priority. My group has one every single round on that map (playing both sides) by following that simple rule.

MrPing1000 said:
Amazon.co.uk still not dispatched.

So much for playing tomorrow...
What postage did you select? Me and my friend both picked the 2 day. They seem to post early to allow it to reach you day one. Thing is, Royal Mail seem process it in 1. So we've had it since Wednesday. My other friend who selected next day still hasn't had his despatched.

And btw, I got me dispatch email late at night, You probably will get it tomorrow.

Kylehimself said:
Seems to be a lot of complaints in this thread. Having played PC and console (360), I'm more than impressed. Absolutely love it.

thisisneogaf.gif

belvedere said:
Unlocked the EOD bot and noticed a couple of major changes since beta.

1.) People actually know what it is and shoot it :(

2.) It dies when you die :( :(

You mean it explodes now?

Kylehimself said:
Is there a way to view weapon damage stats? I see rate of fire etc but no damage like in BC2.

The BC2 "damage meters" were inaccurate after the first couple of patches, anyway. Best resource is someone who looks at the raw data. Denkirson usually does this...hope he does for BF3.

MDavis360 said:
I'm of the mindset that I should get points if I put a spawn beacon down and someone uses it.

You do, or you're supposed to.

Calibur

JJD said:
Finally got the game, I'm downloading the patch now. After days waiting for the mailman to arrive, I open the package and my copy isn't from the limited edition run. Fuck this, I asked about this, and was told that it was the Limited Edition. Fuck this shit.

EA is being greedy. In BC2 every copy of the first run of the game was limited edition. I heard in the OT that only 25% of the first run on BF3 was Limited this time. Why punish the first buyers? We are buying this shit new!!! I pre ordered my copy more than a month ago.

I'm fucking pissed.

I will end up buying the back to Karkand map pack, because BF is irreplaceable to me. But they are milking a lot of new players to the series, who are buying new copies at launch and that don't have the same attachment to BF as me. Perhaps EA should try to cater those players instead of trying so eagerly to get in their pockets. COD is just around the corner you know?

I can't believe I paid $103,65 dollars on a regular copy. Damn...

Wow i thought they was going to do a BC2 first run too, to reward new buyers, maybe the preorders surpassed the first run, i guess no Limited Edition for me then :(

jergrah

Probably a dumb question -- on 360 version and popped it in to try the SP last night. It prompted me for the HD install and I said no, because I only had 10 minutes or so to fool around. Anyways, I was going to let it run after playing for 10 minutes but couldn't find the option anywhere?

Is this just a standard install like all 360 games? Or do I need to run this from in game as it originally prompted me?

Thanks!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
This vehicle disabled stuff is throwing me off coming from BC2. They had it in BF2 as well didn't they?

I always through vehicles were disabled in BF2 when health got really low. I was in a light tank on Tehran Highway last night and I was disabled around 40%.

Only driven ground vehicles so far. I did spawn in a Heli but my friend (who was on the enemy team) SMAW'd it as soon as I spawned. Hilarity Ensued.

They really should just lock the recon class for attackers at the first point in Damavand Rush. Too many idiots think sniping from deployment is helpful.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Server issues were ironed out a bit on 360, and I was able to actually play a good chunk last night. Game is a lot of fun, there are only a few maps that feel like there is no one playing.

Only gripe I have is that in conquest, the flag icon/capturing icon is too big and in a terrible spot on the screen, right above the cross-hair. They need to move it up to the very top of the screen, not right in my field of vision.

TylerD

ultron87 said:
This game alt-tabs like a champion. I wish all PC games did this.

No doubt they made it a priority due to the browser based battlelog.

Also, pretty sure that if a server isnt up than it isnt in your favourites list. I cant find the official gaf server anywhere right now.

Tomat said:
This vehicle disabled stuff is throwing me off coming from BC2. They had it in BF2 as well didn't they?

I always through vehicles were disabled in BF2 when health got really low. I was in a light tank on Tehran Highway last night and I was disabled around 40%.

Only driven ground vehicles so far. I did spawn in a Heli but my friend (who was on the enemy team) SMAW'd it as soon as I spawned. Hilarity Ensued.

No, wasn't in BF2.

I know there are some mixed opinions on it, but I really like it. Adds more dynamic elements to vehicle combat.

As far as I know, it's not purely based on a "damage" threshold. A single shot to the rear of a tank will almost always disable it, for example, and shots to the rear DO more damage, but a single shot to the rear won't bring it down to super low health. I'd like to get more details on how disabling works.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
cackhyena said:
I've played two nights in a row and haven't come across that level. What gives.
I believe it's the last part of a rush map. I played it last night. It's not that impressive really and allows the enemy to know exactly where you are.

Tomat

Mr. Snrub said:
No, wasn't in BF2.

I know there are some mixed opinions on it, but I really like it. Adds more dynamic elements to vehicle combat.

As far as I know, it's not purely based on a "damage" threshold. A single shot to the rear of a tank will almost always disable it, for example, and shots to the rear DO more damage, but a single shot to the rear won't bring it down to super low health. I'd like to get more details on how disabling works.

So would I, thanks for the info though. I do like the concept, just not used to it yet.

JWong said:
Uh I don't think stingers can even get to them. Once a jet pilot gets flares, stingers are useless.
But...then...but what if...my head hurts.
Someone please explain to me this game design mentality. It's a race to the level that allows you to counter people under your level, go go go!

AndyD

aka andydumi
Nostalgia~4ever said:

That needs to be fixed, vehicles suffer damage, the bot should too, explode on contact.

Had a lot of fun last night on the GAF server, even through the stuttering and reboots.

And its weird leaving all the video settings on auto gives me much higher framerates than lowering anything. I tried to reduce some things, and framerate plummeted from 40s to teens.

Also, anyone with an MX518 mouse not able to bind the side buttons? The game does not even recognize them.

I'd like to get more details on how disabling works.

Someone sort of explained earlier. Disable comes at 50% or lower, and it causes slow health leak until death. Rather than regeneration.

bjscott05

Deadly Cyclone said:
Only gripe I have is that in conquest, the flag icon/capturing icon is too big and in a terrible spot on the screen, right above the cross-hair. They need to move it up to the very top of the screen, not right in my field of vision.

I agree big time on this. It makes spotting enemies while defending a flag capture much more difficult. Kinda surprised they didn't notice this while testing.

Tomat

Mr. B Natural said:
But...then...but what if...my head hurts.
Someone please explain to me this game design mentality. It's a race to the level that allows you to counter people under your level, go go go!

Im curious about this as well. Although, I do think flares are limited, so at some point the jet is going to blow it's flares and then the stinger should be okay.

JWong said:

Disagree. Stingers seem to reload much faster than flares.

The aircraft unlocks, no doubt, are stupid. I think they did a good job with keeping the infantry unlocks balanced, as it's much easier to level up an infantry kit vs aircraft kit, plus you get everything you need in the beginning. Aircraft should have been given flares and missiles as a base standard.

While stingers are deadly vs. newb pilots, I suspect they'll be more important as an aid to air-to-air combat (firing on a plane already fighting a friendly plane), as extinguishers, maintenance, and flares will help aircraft a lot.

VibratingDonkey said:
Kaffarov mission, Blackburn part
Dima: If you don't shoot him, millions will die.
Cole: Get down on the ground!
I've pressed both the left mouse button and Z, and even E and space, but it always ends with me getting shot and mission failed.

Ok, I spammed the above buttons throughout the entire scene and managed to get a shot off.
But now nothing's happening and I can't move.

Ok, this time the game decided to load the next level.

That sucked.

I had the same issue, tried to do as told, nothing would happen.

I thought that I should press Z instead, was dispatched.

I just pressed M1 like it was track and field and it worked.

xclaw

C4 in this game is ridiculous.... three per tank and it only disables it.

Add to the fact that they just sort of roll out of your hand or do some sort of slow-mo anti grav float to a wall when you try place them just add to the ridiculousness. If someone knows a way to toss them do spread the knowledge.

Not a happy support class right now. At least claymores work to kill people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom