• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
bjscott05 said:
I agree big time on this. It makes spotting enemies while defending a flag capture much more difficult. Kinda surprised they didn't notice this while testing.

Yeah, lots of questionable UI choices. Mini-map could really use a lot of work for, especially the spawn screen.

Wes

venison crêpe
MrPing1000 said:
Amazon.co.uk still not dispatched.

So much for playing tomorrow...

Same. I'm a Prime member and live less than 5 miles from one of their largest depots. What gives!

6vwBD.png

Xevren

xclaw said:
C4 in this game is ridiculous.... three per tank and it only disables it.

Add to the fact that they just sort of roll out of your hand or do some sort of slow-mo anti grav float to a wall when you try place them just add to the ridiculousness. If someone knows a way to toss them do spread the knowledge.

Not a happy support class right now. At least claymores work to kill people.

Haven't had problems killing tanks with C4, but I do agree with how they roll out of your hand. Wish you could at least throw them a little bit.

belvedere said:
It is cool that you see it as a teammate now though.

Is it spottable now, too?

bjscott05 said:
It also decreases the spread of your crosshair. So it does increase accuracy a bit.

Only when hip-hiring. It has no effect when ADS.

Xevren said:
Haven't had problems killing tanks with C4, but I do agree with how they roll out of your hand. Wish you could at least throw them a little bit.

Actually, I'm kinda glad you can't toss/float-toss them anymore. Reduces spam. They really should be saboteur items, not super-grenades.

ElyrionX

Someone please tell me what's the quickest way to unlock the flares for the jet? I keep trying and trying but I can't kill shit with the cannons. I heard the A-10 is good for this but I've never seen that spawn on any map before.

Speaking of the icons for capturing points, I really wish all of the icons for a point in Conquest would flash when someone is capturing it. The minimap icon, the diamond icon, and the icon on your HUD. As it stands now I have to look at the diamonds to see what is being captured.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Mr. B Natural said:
But...then...but what if...my head hurts.
Someone please explain to me this game design mentality. It's a race to the level that allows you to counter people under your level, go go go!
Jets are meaningless to everyone but other jets so it doesn't really matter. They contribute absolutely nothing to the team.

Menelaus

Banned
ultron87 said:
This game alt-tabs like a champion. I wish all PC games did this.
Except that it doesn't. You have to click a program on the taskbar to steal focus...you can't click on the window itself, or it goes right back into the game.

1stStrike

Banned
ElyrionX said:
Someone please tell me what's the quickest way to unlock the flares for the jet? I keep trying and trying but I can't kill shit with the cannons. I heard the A-10 is good for this but I've never seen that spawn on any map before.

Apparently, you can just slowly accelerate with it across the map... one guy was racking up points by driving it from one capture point to another without actually going airborne or anything lol

scogoth

Mr. Snrub said:
Actually, I'm kinda glad you can't toss/float-toss them anymore. Reduces spam. They really should be saboteur items, not super-grenades.

Make it so you can toss them 30 ft with jump throwing, two to kill a tank, one to disable, give them to recon and make sniper rifles one hit kills anywhere within 100 ft. BAM bc2.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I have to echo the uselessness of the jets. Nice ambient noise, no use in the game. I'll stick to tanks and helicopters, which are really useful for dropping tons of peopole at the attack objective in rush.

re: basejumping

How do you do the parachute thingy? Or can you? I think I did it last night on accident, but I don't know how to do it, or if there is a certain height you must be or something.

snack

Menelaus said:
Is this a fucking troll?

This is a fucking troll.
Actually, I don't have my copy yet. It's on it's way. Battlelog isn't accessible if you don't have the game.

Is there another site that shows the unlocks at certain levels?

CozMick

Banned
DMeisterJ said:
I have to echo the uselessness of the jets. Nice ambient noise, no use in the game. I'll stick to tanks and helicopters, which are really useful for dropping tons of peopole at the attack objective in rush.

There are unlockable bombs for the jets though, right?

Had my first CTD's last night--two of 'em in a row. Was working fine before that.

scogoth said:
Make it so you can toss them 30 ft with jump throwing, two to kill a tank, one to disable, give them to recon and make sniper rifles one hit kills anywhere within 100 ft. BAM bc2.

GREAT IDEA

DMeisterJ said:

Jets will be much more useful once more people have the ability to paint targets (SOFLAM, CTV third tank seat) and the air-to-ground missiles.

Speaking of, using the javelin with laser designated targets is fucking godly. Orgasmic to see your rocket shoot up, then down, and the points roll in.

There was a moment last night while playing conquest on the Tehran highway that I said out loud "wow this is amazing." The ambiance in this game might be the best I have ever experienced online.

I haven't felt this way since COD 4.

Jibbed

I've downloaded and installed BF3, and when I try to launch it, it says it's not activated. Then when I try to activate it, it just freezes. Great.

It's a Ltd Edition that has been purchased on Origin... it's RIGHT THERE in my games library. Any ideas?

Mr. Snrub said:
Had my first CTD's last night--two of 'em in a row. Was working fine before that.

GREAT IDEA

Jets will be much more useful once more people have the ability to paint targets (SOFLAM, CTV third tank seat) and the air-to-ground missiles.

Speaking of, using the javelin with laser designated targets is fucking godly. Orgasmic to see your rocket shoot up, then down, and the points roll in.

How do you unlock the laser designator?

Enkidu

MsyDM.png

Is this a common bug or something? Pretty much the entire enemy team was spotted all the time on the map. Was really weird, and for some reason I kept getting kicked from the server as well.

Menelaus

Banned
Jibbed said:
I've downloaded and installed BF3, and when I try to launch it, it says it's not activated. Then when I try to activate it, it just freezes. Great.

It's a Ltd Edition that has been purchased on Origin... it's RIGHT THERE in my games library. Any ideas?
EA chat support

Don't know if this is the right place to discuss this, but why are EA's and the Origin sites so messed up? I can't find an option to change or add a gamertag. (I've switched since 2007 when I first signed up.)

Plus they tell me to go to Gun Club for that pistol and I don't see an option to add a gamertag there either. Has anybody been successful linking BF3 to origin and junk yet?

meep!

Neo Member
Jibbed said:

Having the same issue here. Did not buy it from Origin though, but it installed fine and accepted the serial key that was in the box. But when I try to launch the game it fail to activate.

AndyD

aka andydumi
matics said:
Don't know if this is the right place to discuss this, but why are EA's and the Origin sites so messed up? I can't find an option to change or add a gamertag. (I've switched since 2007 when I first signed up.)

Plus they tell me to go to Gun Club for that pistol and I don't see an option to add a gamertag there either. Has anybody been successful linking BF3 to origin and junk yet?

It seems Origin is still in the building phase. Mine linked up fine with my PS3 account though. Its easier to log into an EA game on the X360 and auto-link that way I think.

Also, last night BFBC2 appeared for download in my Origin game screen. Out of the blue. I guess they connected my previous ID system with Origin?

Jaagen

meep! said:
Having the same issue here. Did not buy it from Origin though, but it installed fine and accepted the serial key that was in the box. But when I try to launch the game it fail to activate.

Same here as well. Nothing on the EA support page about it as far as I could find.

I tried restarting Origin, but it didn't help either.

Inferno313 said:
What shipping option did you choose?

Super saving delivery, always 3 days to reach Barcelona but this time Amazon is using DHL (ordinary deutsche ground mail) for the shippment.

I find it unacceptable, they would have warned me it would take eleven days to arrive.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Enkidu said:
MsyDM.png

Is this a common bug or something? Pretty much the entire enemy team was spotted all the time on the map. Was really weird, and for some reason I kept getting kicked from the server as well.

Maybe it was the T-UGS sensor. I kept hearing an annoying sound while playing last night I guess that was it.

Enkidu

Doc Holliday said:
Maybe it was the T-UGS sensor. I kept hearing an annoying sound while playing last night I guess that was it.
Is it supposed to work all the time? Because while I couldn't play for more than a few minutes at a time before I got kicked, I pretty much always ran with the map up and could constantly see all enemy movements.

AndyD said:
It seems Origin is still in the building phase. Mine linked up fine with my PS3 account though. Its easier to log into an EA game on the X360 and auto-link that way I think.

Also, last night BFBC2 appeared for download in my Origin game screen. Out of the blue. I guess they connected my previous ID system with Origin?

Yeah, it does seem pretty minimal right now.
Guess I'll try through the Xbox when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom