• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my first EOD kill yesterday on a mortar guy, so satisfying :D

Cudder said:
I'm guessing you can't mix and match equipment from 2 different classes?

Na, that's not possible but you can pick up enemy kits, great for killing recon, picking up the kit and giving urself a new spawn point :p

Kahoona said:
A: Button 1

B: Button 2

X: Button 3

Y: Button 4 Left Bumper: Button 5

Right Bumper: Button 6

Select: Button 7

Start: Button 8

Left Stick: Button 9

Right Stick: Button 10

Dpad: Pad Left, Pad Right, Pad Up, Pad Down

Left Trigger: Trigger 1

Right Trigger: Trigger 2

Thanks!!!

Rad-

Who the hell at DICE had the idea of putting the flag icon right in your face? When you are near a flag it blocks a lot of your view.

Woorloog

Banned
xclaw said:
Kinda hate how everyone at least on PS3 is an engineer.
What's not to love? Repairs, rockets, anti-air, customizable carbine that works from CQC to long range (scoped HB SCAR-H with single shots?).
I know what you mean though, no one reviving others or suppressing the enemy properly or giving more ammo.

So I ended up calling EA Support, and somebody helped me out with the whole gamertag issue. He had to actually merge two accounts since my new tag is linked to a different email.

Seems like EA/DICE is pretty damn busy right now, handling customers and stuff. Awesome service though.

iam220

I really love how the structured the classes in this game, it's much better than bc2.

Taking away the ammo resupply from the assault class means no more unlimited 40mm, and giving them a health kit makes them the best class vs infantry (as they should be) where as in BC2 it was arguably the medic.

Giving the supply class C4 and and mortars gives them much more versatile and allows them to do more than just suppress and resupply. Makes them a viable option in heavy vehicle maps.

The engineer speaks for itself and I honestly can't comment on Recon since I haven't played that class yet but I'm really happy they've got mortars taken away from them.

Rad- said:
Who the hell at DICE had the idea of putting the flag icon right in your face? When you are near a flag it blocks a lot of your view.

That's my issue with almost the entire HUD. I'd kill for some options to turn portions of it off.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Protip for Engineers:

When using the repair torch, the noise it makes changes when the vehicle is fully repaired.

This is useful in general because of the stupid way they put the "damage circle" on vehicles in some arbitrary position that makes it impossible to see half the time.

And especially useful in Hardcore mode where there is no damage indicator.

Woorloog

Banned
matics said:
So I ended up calling EA Support, and somebody helped me out with the whole gamertag issue. He had to actually merge two accounts since my new tag is linked to a different email.

Seems like EA/DICE is pretty damn busy right now, handling customers and stuff. Awesome service though.
The fuck? He MERGED TWO EA ACCOUNTS? AFAIK it ain't possible. At least it isn't offered to people normally, even if they have good reason for it, like when SWTOR site account was linked to EA account, the site automatically created a new EA account unless the email was already the same as an EA account. I "lost"(as it couldn't be linked to my EA account that is used for Origin etc) original SWTOR account due that as i had just changed email associated with it.

iam220 said:
I really love how the structured the classes in this game, it's much better than bc2.

Taking away the ammo resupply from the assault class means no more unlimited 40mm, and giving them a health kit makes them the best class vs infantry (as they should be) where as in BC2 it was arguably the medic.

Giving the supply class C4 and and mortars gives them much more versatile and allows them to do more than just suppress and resupply. Makes them a viable option in heavy vehicle maps.

The engineer speaks for itself and I honestly can't comment on Recon since I haven't played that class yet but I'm really happy they've got mortars taken away from them.

Agreed, really like how each class has it's own flavor, and then you have different "sub-classes" you can make based on the weapon attachments and gadgets.

Now I just need some fucking Recon's to start using SOFLAM so I can one-shot air vehicles with the Javelin.

Nabs

Rad- said:
It's almost like they didn't play their own game. I feel bad for people playing on PC @ 720p. That along with the chatbox must suck. A "toggle shit on your screen" feature would be awesome.

Damavand conquest is the worst. There's all this shit in the way that you can't jump over, there appears to be barely any destruction. the flags are in a neat line so it's essentially a rush map and eventually you reach the mine entrance... The side tunnels are long and extremely narrow. Grindiest ass grinder that ever was. And you constantly get stuck on teammates, it is unavoidable. It sucks so bad.

All in all it may be the worst Battlefield map I've ever seen. Only played it for 15 minutes so perhaps there's some merit to it I'm yet to discover, but so far it's the worst.

Kylehimself said:
Yeah, I remember you from a post a good while back. I'm from N.I. too, just 10 minutes or so away from you as far as I remember. I got my email late Tuesday and had it Wednesday morning with the regular 2 day option as did a friend of mine. But as I say, the other friend who picked next day delivery hasn't had his dispatched yet.

Well it is "dispatched" as of 18:17, might get lucky and get it tomorrow afternoon. Might have something to do with my order being part of a multi item order back in June, and it's PC too.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Nabs said:
It's almost like they didn't play their own game. I feel bad for people playing on PC @ 720p. That along with the chatbox must suck. A "toggle shit on your screen" feature would be awesome.
I'd like that toggle to also remove all the shitty lighting "effects" that make the game less playable.

Cudder

When you press the spot button to Offer Healing or ammo or to Request them...what exactly happens? I don't see any animations or hear my character say anything. And what prompts those commands to come up?

aranth

Oh boy, the guided missiles unlock for the jet really suck. Take ages to lock on ground targets, you lose control of the aircraft and start diving fast and finally they tend to miss and not hit for full effect. I actually crashed my Warthog on Caspian trying to lock on a tank.

Nabs

Stallion Free said:
I'd like that toggle to also remove all the shitty lighting "effects" that make the game less playable.
I'd take a cloth to clean off the shit on my glasses over an RPG.

Woorloog said:
The fuck? He MERGED TWO EA ACCOUNTS? AFAIK it ain't possible. At least it isn't offered to people normally, even if they have good reason for it, like when SWTOR site account was linked to EA account, the site automatically created a new EA account unless the email was already the same as an EA account. I "lost"(as it couldn't be linked to my EA account that is used for Origin etc) original SWTOR account due that as i had just changed email associated with it.

Yep. Maybe it's a new policy? My newer gamertag was taken from that newer account and put under my existing old account.

He could have been feeling generous or something.

g23

European pre-madonna
There's just something about the animations and lighting in singleplayer that makes this game really seem like the most realistic war game ever. That right there is enough to give the campaign some props. You guys agree?

GodofWine

endlessflood said:
I can't believe DICE broke VOIP on the PS3 again (it took them three shipped games to fix it in the first place). It's amateur hour.

Yea, I thought they'd ship mics and squads working since they had a very nicely working system in BC2...I hope they still are on speaking terms with the employee who coded that system and flew him in after they bonked this one up.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
dk_ said:
No, the QTEs dont work.

Although the game probably should have 360 button prompts for the QTEs complaining about the lack of them in what has to be one of the worst SP campaigns ever created just seems pointless. The pad works fine in MP which is all that should really matter imo.

g23 said:
There's just something about the animations and lighting in singleplayer that makes this game really seem like the most realistic war game ever. That right there is enough to give the campaign some props. You guys agree?

It definitely gets some props for the visuals, but there are some pretty annoying moments in the single player campaign.

Tarin02543

Kimo said:
Big activation problems during the euro launch.
Nobody gets to play on release day? How i love DRM

Same here, it hangs on the validation screen in Origin.

Why the hell did I rush to the store after work?

StevieP

Banned
Nabs said:
I'd take a cloth to clean off the shit on my glasses over an RPG.

This. This shit is ruining the game's great visuals for me. I have everything up at Ultra (except for the shitty blur postaa filter) and I can't for the life of me why they put dots over all of my screen. There has to be some custom filter somewhere to turn this crap off, like they did with Crysis 2's launcher.

Maybe they will figure out a way to turn the "JJ Abrams lights are everywhere" off, too.

I cant play single player because the QTE dont work, game says press SPACE, i do like a million times and i just fall off as if i never pressed it, anyone has this problem?

Anyone notice sound issues on the ps3? I notice in the intro video it's kinda low and in game it'll be normal. And today while playing it often sounded like the sound would cut in and out. Like some effects will be there while other ambient sounds wouldn't be there.

Nabs said:

We should do some HUD-less playthroughs on the GAF server for MAXIMUM SCREENSHOTS.

VibratingDonkey said:
Damavand conquest is the worst. There's all this shit in the way that you can't jump over, there appears to be barely any destruction. the flags are in a neat line so it's essentially a rush map and eventually you reach the mine entrance... The side tunnels are long and extremely narrow. Grindiest ass grinder that ever was. And you constantly get stuck on teammates, it is unavoidable. It sucks so bad.

All in all it may be the worst Battlefield map I've ever seen. Only played it for 15 minutes so perhaps there's some merit to it I'm yet to discover, but so far it's the worst.

Have you played Metro Conquest with 64 players? By far, the worst IMO. It's like Damavand, but with no way to get over the tunnel.

Cudder said:
When you press the spot button to Offer Healing or ammo or to Request them...what exactly happens? I don't see any animations or hear my character say anything. And what prompts those commands to come up?

Your character should yell something about needing ammo or what have you--I'm pretty sure mine does.

What would be best is if both you and the person you're requesting from were given some sort of unique icons, so he could identify who asks for it.

eternaLightness said:
Anyone notice sound issues on the ps3? I notice in the intro video it's kinda low and in game it'll be normal. And today while playing it often sounded like the sound would cut in and out. Like some effects will be there while other ambient sounds wouldn't be there.

I have the cutting in/out problem every once in a while, playing campaign on 360. Haven't had it in multiplayer or co-op though.

Mit-

Er okay I just found out you can search platoons.

...Is there a US GAF Platoon yet? Wtf is it called? All I see is Europe and a PS3 platoon.

GodofWine

eternaLightness said:

Yep...that happens too.

Sound / Mics / Squad System / Controls to some extent are broken.

(I have no issue with the controls now personally)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom