• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanboi

Banned
For new page.

1y1h7a.png

To try unlocking via VPN:

http://battlefieldo.com/forum/threads/how-to-unlock-battlefield-3-on-the-24th.1107/

Or try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KAOJmPioZOg

Do at your own risk... since some say EA support isn't reliable.

Facism

Is Karkand pack purely for preorders or will first run retail copies have it too? I don't want to commit my money to the game until i know it's not more focussed on Rush than Conquest plus impressions and reviews that haven't been bought out by EA PR.

subversus said:
While OT is great there are some baffling errors. I'm sure they were mentioned but anyway:

1)Gulf of OmAn (not Omen lol)
2)Frostbite and destruction tech were introduced in Bad Company 1.

Also when he talks about the server browser in console, we never had server browser in BC2&1 in consoles ;_;.

But enough nitpicking, great OT! Colonial Raptor, is very good and even with your personal circumstances (you moved, right?) and with a bit of delay you delivered. While I was reading it I listened Battlefield 3 theme from the last trailers, and I was kind of
xonrf9.gif

I'm so hyped to this game that is the first game I've preordered at the same time in PC (basically for 64 men conquest and the obviously better graphics) and in PS3 (to play with the awesome and crazy PS3 GAF people).

fanboi

Banned
StoppedInTracks said:
One of the best if not THE BEST OT thread on GAF. Better than GT5, Uncharted 2 and Gears 3 one.

My hat goes off to you, good sir.

Splendid work!

Well, I agree if we agree on that MGS4 shouldn't be counted since its a novel/artbook

Jtrizzy said:
the thread title is not funny or ironic, and is too long.

I got to agree there, not to excited about that thread title. Atleast take out the first Be Advised. At first glance I didn't know this was the BF3 OT until halfway through that title. lol

Jira

Well shit, I have a lot to live up to for my GW2 OT when the time comes. Amazing job. I have to ask, where did you get all of the assets for the weapons/vehicles and such?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
My local store has the game. Shit just got real.

Might grab my copy today or tomorrow.

fanboi said:

Bleh..I read the posts by the community manager and he is kinda right. We would only be able to play on the Asian servers (which would be like 300ms ping) which = super lag.

Think Ill wait, did not spend all this dough on a new computer to play a lagged up BF3 even if I get in early.

Nice to know for SP only games though!

AiTM

Banned
Bought it on Amazon (digital download) and just redeemed on Origin. Downloading now. Do I need to enter a separate code for the Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand expansion pack, or is it part of the game download?

fanboi

Banned
iSurvivedTheOutage said:
Bleh..I read the posts by the community manager and he is kinda right. We would only be able to play on the Asian servers (which would be like 300ms ping) which = super lag.

Think Ill wait, did not spend all this dough on a new computer to play a lagged up BF3 even if I get in early.

Nice to know for SP only games though!

For me, I can finishe the SP and then move to MP when its released :)

fanboi said:
For me, I can finishe the SP and then move to MP when its released :)

Agreed.

STOP SWAYING MY DECISIONS.

lol j/k...some guys will be playing at 12:00 AM eastern time in the US though, cause that is when Gamestop midnight releases. Think I'll try then.

Xux

AiTM said:
Bought it on Amazon (digital download) and just redeemed on Origin. Downloading now. Do I need to enter a separate code for the Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand expansion pack, or is it part of the game download?
Your game will be flagged as being part of the Limited Edition run and you'll be able to download the expansion when it comes out.
Noisepurge said:
I hope the PS3 Platoon is still available in Battlelog, has there been any confirmations if these were wiped after the beta?
They were wiped.

Manager

Mortars are in the All Classes/Unknown part of the OP. Has this been changed from being Support only, or is it just unknown?

Great work on the OP btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom