• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Sorry for asking this here but what's the main difference Battlefield 3 and MW3?
I plan on getting the new CoD for my brother who mainly plays Black Ops online with friends.

Blutonium

Tizoc said:
Sorry for asking this here but what's the main difference Battlefield 3 and MW3?
I plan on getting the new CoD for my brother who mainly plays Black Ops online with friends.

BF3 is GOTY, MW3 is the same shit they released 3 years ago...Which is good and bad.

Tizoc said:

Vehicles, larger maps and the game modes.

meppi

UHF-Rambo1.gif

Kyaw said:
No one is going to ban you for playing your game within the official unlock timeframes...

You might as well 'be' in Korea for the time being. ;D

No, of course not. Playing the game once it released somewhere in the world if perfectly safe. Tricking the system to actually get there is what I am worried about. Some publishers don't like people "fooling" their digital distribution platform by using VPN to get something early.

vazel said:
Why would you get banned for using a VPN? It'd be the same as vacationing on another country and using your Steam/Origin account there.

Not sure about Origin, but using VPN to unlock games is one of the things you agree not to do when signing the Steam user agreement. I know some people do it on a regular basis and never got into trouble, but in theory you are not allowed to do so on Steam and rumors are at least some people get their Steam accounts banned for doing this.

Dakota47

Eaten By A Grue said:
Millions of pre-orders and an untested digital distribution service, I predict things going smoothly tomorrow.

Since most people already pre-loaded I don't expect too many problems. Unless of course the valiation process crashes the system.

f@luS said:
At Sony's 2011 E3, they said the PS3 version would have Battlefield 1943 on-disc. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/16/e3-replay-battlefield-3-for-ps3/

It seems they removed it too quietly for my liking. I just found a post on a banned site that has DICE saying, “The Limited Edition will not come with BF1943, but with the Back to Karkand expansion,” and another user referencing https://twitter.com/#!/Battlefield/status/127479457962409984 as a sign that it isn't included.

Kyaw

GrizzNKev said:
WOO! Yummy new drivers for my 580.

And of course, as I'm installing, the BF3 slideshow from the beta drivers is playing. So much hype.

There's also Batman:AC slides. :p

Should definitely just have been Battlefield 3 |OT| Be Advised, My Body is Advised. This title is far too cluttered, and BF3 isn't even clearly found, but the OP is so awesome that I guess it cancels out.

Natiko

Banned
Mildly excited for this. Not completely sold but I'm looking forward to checking it out. Hopefully Amazon comes through with release date delivery.

nib95

Banned
Finally! Ok, that is one HELL of a fuck awesome OP, BUT, it did melt my iPhone. I then loaded on to my Macbook Pro and it still took a bit to load up lol. So it's awesome, but demanding, fitting really, given the game in question!

Amazing job though.

blahblah...blah said:
Should definitely just have been Battlefield 3 |OT| Be Advised, My Body is Advised. This title is far too cluttered, and BF3 isn't even clearly found, but the OP is so awesome that I guess it cancels out.

Agreed!

KaiserBecks

Regarding the Korean VPN early access thingy: Battlelog won't be up until the 25th. Even if you manage to unlock the game on Origin, how are you supposed to boot it?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wayyyyyy too much shit that isn't really needed. *ahem*

Also:

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 said:
Loved my[sic] many, hated by some, arguably one of the best games in recents times. Introduced the Frostbite engine and Destruction to the Battlefield, a major player in the series.

lolwutpear.jpg

Oh, and:

Battlefield: Bad Company 1 logo with Frostbite engine logo.jpg

No. BC2 is no where close to DICE's first Frostbite attempt, dude. If you're going to PR mouthpiece, at least do a little research even if it is a "console only title."

Lakitu

st5fu
Great OT.

I don't know when I can buy this except for the fact I will buy it, I actually loved the Beta. I need more monies.

GrizzNKev

Banned
KaiserBecks said:
Regarding the Korean VPN early access thingy: Battlelog won't be up until the 25th. Even if you manage to unlock the game on Origin, how are you supposed to boot it?

It will be the 25th.... in Korea.

Kyaw

KaiserBecks said:

What's the point of unlocking the game for Koreans at that time and not having Battlelog up?

Or maybe the internet will find a way...

edit: It will be 25th in Korea too. :p

mr_nothin

Banned
TheSeks said:
Wayyyyyy too much shit that isn't really needed. *ahem*

Also:

lolwutpear.jpg

Oh, and:

Battlefield: Bad Company 1 logo with Frostbite engine logo.jpg

No. BC2 is no where close to DICE's first Frostbite attempt, dude. If you're going to PR mouthpiece, at least do a little research even if it is a "console only title."
Srs Business

KaiserBecks said:

If it's the official Korean unlock date, there has to be some way to play, right?

TheSeks said:

You sound angry - what's wrong?

The_Monk

Play Dark Souls on PS3, gets stressing, chill out with some Forza 4 racing, awaits for BF3 for the PS3 to arrive on the October 31, gets Uncharted 3 day 1 maybe a midnight release. Play. Repeat.

Not enough time, not enough time. Not enough time for all this awesomeness, Gaf! They are all great. Can't wait for BF3, I need to do some healing for my team mates!

ElyrionX

I asked this in the review thread but got only two responses. So, did anyone try using the 360 pad for jets and kb/m for on-foot in the beta and constantly switching on-the-fly between the two controllers in-game? I suppose 360 pad support is confirmed on the PC? How well does it work?

Nega-Credit goes to Shagg for all the moral support and sarcasm, thanks for all the feedback and ideas and distracting me so much during the last couple of days so that GAF had to wait so much longer for this OT.

You're w... Wait a minute! Nega-Credit as in Negative credit? Well then... I "love" you too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom