• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

mr_nothin

Banned
That was not my point. I don't activley search for fast respawn servers and i don't always spawn at squadmates (to get killed instantly from somewhere).

But Armored Kill will feature the biggest maps so far and it would just be frustrating when you spawn at your base and every vehicle is miles away or destroyed and the respawn time is "long". So, wait for a vehicle respawn (and get killed be a teammate jeep) or go to a 5 minutes Day-Z-like walk over fields with no cover while you are easy prey for jets/helis ? That's alot of fun.

I think you're getting a little confused.
They didnt say Conquest was fast respawn by default, only Tank Superiority mode.
Tank Superiority is only 1 flag and a sectioned off part of the map with the whole point being to destroy tanks...so you wont be waiting long back at the base at all.

Also, the Day-Z like walks over fields is what I miss from battlefield. Take a breather and take a bit of time to be strategic vs rushing in all the time. The whole "ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK" mentality is why there's no good flag-defense gameplay in BF3 now. Musical chairs w/ the flags

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
They didnt say Conquest was fast respawn by default, only Tank Superiority mode.
Tank Superiority is only 1 flag and a sectioned off part of the map with the whole point being to destroy tanks...so you wont be waiting long back at the base at all.

Also, the Day-Z like walks over fields is what I miss from battlefield. Take a breather and take a bit of time to be strategic vs rushing in all the time. The whole "ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK" mentality is why there's no good flag-defense gameplay in BF3 now. Musical chairs w/ the flags
I don't miss that one bit. There is a serious lack of jeeps in BF3.

VariantX

Don't like the idea that the flag just sits there. It should move to different locations after a set time. It' ll just get boring to play real quick.

Yo, so Ive played this game a bit on 360, not as much as I should have considering ive bought the Premium pack, haha. But I want to start playing this on PC instead, Is there a good set of servers you guys recommend or wha?

I should probably buy the Premium stuff on PC pretty soon too.

CatPee

Oh look, Spl1nters got featured on Reddit.

df9Bm.jpg

Donos

Also, the Day-Z like walks over fields is what I miss from battlefield. Take a breather and take a bit of time to be strategic vs rushing in all the time. The whole "ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK" mentality is why there's no good flag-defense gameplay in BF3 now.

Yeah sorry i mixed the modes up. Still don't really agree on the second part. It's not black and white (rush or walk all day at the flanks). BF3 has enough options for every playstyle.

Musical chairs w/ the flags
I don't understand this. (I'm not an native english speaker)

Some more ATV wouldn't hurt some big maps. You are an easy target on them but you can reach far away spots rather fast.

Yeah sorry i mixed the modes up. Still don't really agree on the second part. It's not black and white (rush or walk all day at the flanks). BF3 has enough options for every playstyle.

I don't understand this. (I'm not an native english speaker)

Some more ATV wouldn't hurt some big maps. You are an easy target on them but you can reach far away spots rather fast.
it just means people will go around in a big circle capping flags from the other team and not actually fighting because the map design wen't lead to confrontation.

(musical chairs is a game where you set chairs up in a circle and have more people than chairs and play music and people walk around the chairs, then the music stops and everyone sits. whoever is left without a chair is out, then you remove a chair and go again until there's a winner.)

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
it just means people will go around in a big circle capping flags from the other team and not actually fighting because the map design wen't lead to confrontation.

(musical chairs is a game where you set chairs up in a circle and have more people than chairs and play music and people walk around the chairs, then the music stops and everyone sits. whoever is left without a chair is out, then you remove a chair and go again until there's a winner.)
People would be more likely to play defense if all flags were attacked on a more regular basis. No one likes to sit around on the flag waiting for an enemy squad to shlep their way across the map.

jayb

Hey guys, i'm LTTP on ps3. I thought that PS3 owners were supposed to get 1943 for free, but when I go to 1943redemption.battlefield.com, it just redirects to battlefield.com. I guess it was only a limited time offer?

Hey guys, i'm LTTP on ps3. I thought that PS3 owners were supposed to get 1943 for free, but when I go to 1943redemption.battlefield.com, it just redirects to battlefield.com. I guess it was only a limited time offer?

Yeah, I believe there was a deadline to redeem.

mr_nothin

Banned
Man,

So I come back after a 2+ month hiatus and it's like I never left. It's so easy to rack up kills and flank...etc. People must really SUCK at this game. I dont really run into anybody that gives me any problems and it's still like I'm playing with a bunch of bots that can emulate human idiot behaviors really well.

Game is EZ

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Man,

So I come back after a 2+ month hiatus and it's like I never left. It's so easy to rack up kills and flank...etc. People must really SUCK at this game. I dont really run into anybody that gives me any problems and it's still like I'm playing with a bunch of bots that can emulate human idiot behaviors really well.

Game is EZ
Try winning a Gun Master game. Some of the people on that gametype are scary good. It's almost like a different community.

scogoth

Try winning a Gun Master game. Some of the people on that gametype are scary good. It's almost like a different community.

hahaha its not that hard. mr nothin likes to complain but he has a right too because he generally kills everything all the time in game.

mr_nothin

Banned
get over yourself and just get premium the next time its on sale. You'll learn to love it when the armored kill map pack hits.

Well, I guess I will end up buying it eventually. Maybe not...I'll probably just buy Armored Kill and then wait to see what Aftermath, or w/e the heck its called, is all about. If the Aftermath expansion is something I dont want then I wont be getting premium.
If I do end up getting premium then of course, i'll try out Close Quarters but I'm not buying premium just because I want one expansion and dont know the direction the future expansions will take. Excuse me for not doing an impulse buy just because it's a deal.

Well, I guess I will end up buying it eventually. Maybe not...I'll probably just buy Armored Kill and then wait to see what Aftermath, or w/e the heck its called, is all about. If the Aftermath expansion is something I dont want then I wont be getting premium.
If I do end up getting premium then of course, i'll try out Close Quarters but I'm not buying premium just because I want one expansion and dont know the direction the future expansions will take. Excuse me for not doing an impulse buy just because it's a deal.

ill excuse you because you're good but not because of your intellectual reply. i'll be waiting to play some CQ with you when you finally get Premium.

TheContact

Battlelog has Loadouts now, so you can pick your weapons from the browser instead of in-game. I remember myself and a lot of others asking for this a long time ago ;)

Top Bottom