• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koojay

Still says all servers are empty on conquest for me....

PS4

And Conquest Matchmaking is broken... if DICE resolves the 64 player conquest issues, and the game continues to play as well as it does on Team Deathmatch or Rush, this will truly be an amazing console experience.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
And Conquest Matchmaking is broken... if DICE resolves the 64 player conquest issues, and the game continues to play as well as it does on Team Deathmatch or Rush, this will truly be an amazing console experience.

Have they mentioned it at all? Is it broken for everyone or just some of us?

Spl1nter

ibyQqntuXtbPsP.gif

ThisOne

Have you tried Obliteration? I've been able to get in a few 32-player Obliteration matches and it's really fun.

Question: How do I know which weapons unlock in the campaign? What do I have to do to unlock them?

Is anyone else getting a weird distortion effect over and over again?

Having problems playing since it's making me nauseous, not sure if it's a bug or something with my video card/driver etc..

Is anyone else getting a weird distortion effect over and over again?

Having problems playing since it's making me nauseous, not sure if it's a bug or something with my video card/driver etc..

Yes, it's called chromatic aberration and it was added in with the last patch and there is no way to get rid of it (even EA's own commands they suggested don't get rid it).

Dylx

Im confused is 64 players limited to Conquest on ps4? no TDM, squad tdm, or anything?

P.s. Im also convinced 64 players at all on ps4 was a lie until a patch later down the line.

Bog

Junior Ace
What a fucking waste of my time. I have a PS4 sitting here and I'm putting up with this bullshit from a game that's been out 3 weeks? Nah.

HelloMeow

"leaving level"

As if the game crashing from time to time wasn't enough, now the game is leaving servers on its own. This has to be the worst release I have ever experienced.

Kingbrave

Yes, it's called chromatic aberration and it was added in with the last patch and there is no way to get rid of it (even EA's own commands they suggested don't get rid it).

1. Open Notepad.

2. Paste the following:
WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0

3. File > Save As >
Choose > Save as type: All files
Choose > File name: user.cfg
Navigate to the "Origin Games\Battlefield 4" folder and click save.

Fixed it for me.

93xfan

Banned
I don't know the PS4 ecosystem nor care to research it. If it's like the PS3: Delete your local save and restart the game.

HOWEVER, I'd wait until EA patches the game to solve the save corruption issue since that's a widespread problem and deleting your local save to redo/resave in the game won't stop the corruption.

I've just continually saved online to the cloud like crazy. The thing is that it won't upload a corrupted save file to the cloud. So if you turn on the auto upload, it should frequently store your latest good save in case it gets corrupted again.

So I got a battlepack code with my ps4 amazon purchase.

I entered it into the origin website and it says it will send me a psn code when the game launches. Obviously the game has launched.

How long does it take?

I've just continually saved online to the cloud like crazy. The thing is that it won't upload a corrupted save file to the cloud. So if you turn on the auto upload, it should frequently store your latest good save in case it gets corrupted again.

I'm new to all this PlayStation stuff, how do I turn this on? Will it work for single player? I don't want to have to restart the whole campaign again, I was already half way thru when it corrupted.

majik13

So I got a battlepack code with my ps4 amazon purchase.

I entered it into the origin website and it says it will send me a psn code when the game launches. Obviously the game has launched.

How long does it take?

I came to post this exact question.
Why does it need to be a chain of separate codes? Couldn't Sony just provide the right code in the first place?

Vortex566

Still having CTD issues on the PC version. Just going to have to wait it out for a bit before I continue playing.

I did play a game today where the skyscraper collapses for the first time! That is pretty amazing, would love to see it happen more often.

kakashi08

So when you're playing this on the PC and are having a great game like 33-6 and doing really good, but the game crashes and goes to the desktop. Does kills count in your records or the game doesn't get count at all?

Yep, 64 player servers/conquest last night was really screwy for me on PS4. This game was one of the main reasons I bought a PS4 at launch, and it doesn't work at launch.

kamspy

I've been playing with the resolution scaling and haven't decided on the best setting. Wondering what you guys use.

I'm playing the campaign and here are the basic 3 I've been tweaking. I've got a gtx 680 and an amd 1100t.

1600x900 150% res, 4xMSAA
1920x1080 100% res, 2xMSAA
1920x1080 115% res fxaa

The first settings gets me a locked 60 fps, the next 2 , are kinda even 30-60 with drops in different scenarios.

What do you guys use? Ant recommendations?

Pastry

Banned
Im confused is 64 players limited to Conquest on ps4? no TDM, squad tdm, or anything?

P.s. Im also convinced 64 players at all on ps4 was a lie until a patch later down the line.

Yeah only conquest is 64 players and it's completely broken right now :( At least I'm having fun with Rush.

Darknight

I played some SP on PS4 version and it crashed on Mission 2. When I went back to the game, checkpoints were gone and could only restart mission 2. Then later on I was like "ok lets try it again" only to find out progress was wiped off and need to start all over. WTF. Where is saved data going to??

Doran902

I played some SP on PS4 version and it crashed on Mission 2. When I went back to the game, checkpoints were gone and could only restart mission 2. Then later on I was like "ok lets try it again" only to find out progress was wiped off and need to start all over. WTF. Where is saved data going to??

theres an error that is corrupting sp save data and preventing people from playing sp and mp

error ce-34878-0

k4n3

Banned
nice new bug to the PC ver all my unlocks are gone now.... so glad i paid for premium on top of buying a 290x for it..... what a train wreck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom