• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Legacy - Sunsetting Announcement for Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

On Wednesday, July 31st the following
#Battlefield
titles will be removed from digital storefronts and you will no longer be able to purchase them and all extra related content such as DLC.
  • Battlefield 3 (Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3)
  • Battlefield 4 (Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3)
  • Battlefield: Hardline (Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3)
Online services for these titles on these platforms will end on November 7th, 2024. While the online components of these titles close for these platforms, if you own the game, you will still be able to play the single-player component.

Please note: Battlefield 3 will still be available for play on PC. Battlefield 4, and Battlefield: Hardline will still be available for play on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. The announcement today does not affect these titles and platforms.

ThisIsMyDog

Lack of conquest with 64 players in BF3 was when I said this to my Xbox 360 for the first time.
I-dont-want-to-play-with-you-anymore-thumbnail-url-38yapg.jpg

Quick related question if anyone knows: Is there a website that keeps track of how long before each digital game license expires?

It would be great if this existed for people to keep track or make last minute purchases, like with racing games for example.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Some amazing memories of BF4 on PS4, and BF3 bad company on 360 was incredible!

How the mighty have fallen, really hoping they can turn this around. BF1 was SO GOOD and then they have been decreasing in quality since then. Just look at this trailer, they need to recapture this intensity and chaos.

Eimran

Quick related question if anyone knows: Is there a website that keeps track of how long before each digital game license expires?

It would be great if this existed for people to keep track or make last minute purchases, like with racing games for example.
I don't think so. Would be nice but way to intense to keep up to date and trustworthy

Calverz

Some amazing memories of BF4 on PS4, and BF3 bad company on 360 was incredible!

How the mighty have fallen, really hoping they can turn this around. BF1 was SO GOOD and then they have been decreasing in quality since then. Just look at this trailer, they need to recapture this intensity and chaos.

Was battlefield 1 really THAT good? I thought it was alright. That year titanfall 2 was easily better than BF1 and cod IW.
I prefer BF5 to BF1.

Fahdis

Was battlefield 1 really THAT good? I thought it was alright. That year titanfall 2 was easily better than BF1 and cod IW.
I prefer BF5 to BF1.

BF1 = BF3 > BF4 >>>>> BF5

BF1 and BF3 had the chance to take a huge marketshare from COD. BF4 was quite good as well. Hardline and BFV are just ass. And 20xx is just shit.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I prefer BF5 to BF1.
I really enjoyed my time with it. Put hundreds of hours in to the multiplayer probably. Never got in to BF5 properly. I think we can all agree 2042 was pretty dire and they need to improve on that to get a lot of people back in to the franchise.

splattered

Oh shit no way... BF3 and BF4 are the best outside of Bad Company. Man that's sad.... so many great memories playing those games back in the day and I'm sure people are still playing them.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire

I usually use https://delistedgames.com/ to keep track of digital games which get delisted for one reason or another.

They do a pretty good job imo, although perhaps some announcements related to more niche games might slip through the cracks.

Naked Lunch

Battlefield 3 was the last great Battlefield game.

EA just needs to release the PC version of BF3 to modern consoles (64 player conquest matches was the difference of course).
The 360 BF3 version was always gimped - but it was still a great game - particularly in Rush.

Porting BF3 cant be that hard - and it would do a lot of goodwill towards longtimers of this fledgling franchise.

I prefer BF5 to BF1.
Battlefield 1 was pretty bad overall. Pisspoor mockery of Conquest, "sweet spot" mechanic, the weird way weapon varieties worked. The only thing it really had going for it was atmosphere.

Battlefield V ended up being the best Frostbite Battlefield game. Movement, gunplay, the way unlocks worked, the lack of attachment spam, the maps (particularly the post-launch ones), the atmosphere... it outdid BF1 in every way.

Hypereides

Gold Member
Good to know about the server closure november 7th. I'll get started on Hardline before its servers go away for good.

Last edited:

DonF

Battlefield 3 was the last great Battlefield game.

EA just needs to release the PC version of BF3 to modern consoles (64 player conquest matches was the difference of course).
The 360 BF3 version was always gimped - but it was still a great game - particularly in Rush.

Porting BF3 cant be that hard - and it would do a lot of goodwill towards longtimers of this fledgling franchise.
YES, BF3 with all the DLC its A LOT of maps!! they could easily repack it, remove all cosmetics, make it f2p and monetize it. Awesome game.

Calverz

I really enjoyed my time with it. Put hundreds of hours in to the multiplayer probably. Never got in to BF5 properly. I think we can all agree 2042 was pretty dire and they need to improve on that to get a lot of people back in to the franchise.
Well funny you should say that….do you like dead space? Lol

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Well funny you should say that….do you like dead space? Lol
I mean 2042 has improved since launch but at launch it was a total mess.

I do like Dead Space, I have not yet played the remake but played all the originals on 360, I have been meaning to bite on it several times when on sale as I’ve heard it’s a fantastic remake.

Top Bottom