• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bay Area Folk: Get Paid to Play Jak 3

Disclaimer: I don't work for SCEA, Naughty Dog Software or any other company involved with Jak 3. I'm just spreading the word.

Sony is playtesting Jak 3 next week at their Foster City office. Play it for 18 hours and get paid $200.

Schedule and application information can be found here.

That is all.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So $11 per hour to play a game that I have no interest in...hmmm

Btw, what's project A for?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I got in. I'm not sure if I should be happy, but fuck it, $200. This means I get a free Xbox for playing 18 hours of what might be a shitty game or a good game. Note: I've never played the Jak series before. But it seems the game isn't that great considering the reactions I see here on GAF

Bog

Junior Ace
18 hours is a lot when you're playing the same game in a short span of time... especially when the game is Jak 3.

Agent X

Wario64 said:
I got in. I'm not sure if I should be happy, but fuck it, $200. This means I get a free Xbox for playing 18 hours of what might be a shitty game or a good game. Note: I've never played the Jak series before. But it seems the game isn't that great considering the reactions I see here on GAF

Well, I haven't played Jak 3 yet, but the first two games in the series were magnificent--certainly among the finest games released in this generation of video games.

Get a look at this video of Jak 3--you'll be excited!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
That trailer was actually pretty cool. Liked the driving and rails on shooting bits the most. Maybe it won't be so bad

Bog

Junior Ace
I've never been forced to play a game for 6 hours a day. I can't imagine it'd be fun if the game wasn't super addictive.

I want to test something...Besides PC games...But Sony has yet to contact me for an online beta...And I live in New York...If anyone can hook me up let me know.

Interesting ... they must be hard-up on getting man-hours on builds before submission and not looking to contractually increase their QA department.

Wario64 said:

It just depends on how you think you should bill your time. 11 bucks an hour isn't too bad, but as Kobun would probably say, there are probably better or more profitable things to spend that time on. Since most of you guys probably go to school or work less than absolutely interesting jobs, it might be fun. Somebody who has or is being put through some part of the industry grind would look at it with more trepidation (ie: every game seems to find a good minute somewhere, but do we want to be clawing our eyes out for 17+ hours?)

The other thing to keep in mind is that there is usually catering, and given this is probably Santa Monica, possibly alcohol, which could smooth things tremendously for those involved.

Brofist

teepo said:
it takes me a month to play a single game for 20 hours if i really tried.
Bog said:
I cannot tell you the last time I played games for 18 hours total in a week.
Wario64 said:
I don't even play my own games for 18 hours in a week, let alone 3 days...

If you guys spent less than 20 hours a week posting here you might have time to play more :p

ninvampire said:
Interesting ... they must be hard-up on getting man-hours on builds before submission and not looking to contractually increase their QA department.

User testing is not that unusual, especially towards the final stages, and the results are just as important to the Marketing Department as it is to QA.

It sounds like not many here could cut it as a tester. :p

Rhage

What aren't people liking about Jak 3? Wasn't Jak 2 really good? Wtf did Naughty Dog do to turn that around?

ninvampire said:

This isn't very unusual. I've worked on a title where every investor relative, friend of a friend, and local EB employee we could find were brought in for a day to just try the game and give some valuable casual gamer feedback (which is something you will never get from a QA Dept).

As a system it's very useful for pointing out problems with gameplay that the team would never find because they are too involved in the project.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
What aren't people liking about Jak 3? Wasn't Jak 2 really good? Wtf did Naughty Dog do to turn that around
I guess you missed all the Jak 2 hate? Jak is all angsty now! Apparently, for some people that is enough to not even give the game a chance. Apparently, it's OK to play something that has the visual themes that cater to sub ten year old crowd, but bump that theme to be to a teenage crowd liking, and you get dissed by people who think they are 'above' it.

In reality, Jak 3 is most likely going to be even better game than the second one, and to leave the first game in the dust, as far as any quantifiable quality goes.

Oh, also see Prince of Persia 2. Most people don't even seem to care that the game is improved in prety much every way over the first one, which was already great to begin with. What matters is that Prince is not TOO ANGRY - and that apparently equals to a bad game and loss of interest.

Man, you guys suck. You could play an awesome game like Jak 3 for 18 hours, and then get paid, and you'd still say no. WTF is wrong with you?

Top Bottom