• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

goldenpp72

_tetsuo_ said:
Never understood how the 360 controller is terrible for only action games. Seems like if you hated it for action games you would hate it for everything.

Only thing I can think of that's valid is the dpad complaints, my newer 360 pads definitely have better dpads, but at least that one makes sense.

-Mikey-

Has the street date been broken nationwide? I was in Wal-mart tonight and saw this. Did a double take since I thought it was supposed to come out next month. Might pick it up tomorrow.

oracrest

bayonet.jpg

Captain N

KTallguy said:
Any word if the US PS3 version runs better than the JP PS3 version? I heard that Sony ninjas were on the scene.

It supposed to be some sort of a patch if they do anything with it. I doubt it'll be there day one, but if you never look at the 360 the PS3 one won't seem too bad.

I honestly thought the US PS3 demo ran better than the JPN one, but that's just me.

Get the 360 version if you have the choice, though.

Kimosabae

Banned
I don't wanna wait till next month for this game. If i can't find a copy at Best Buy, any of the lucky few that got it early at retailers willing to ship out a copy to GAFers?

Captain N

Kimosabae said:
I don't wanna wait till next month for this game. If i can't find a copy at Best Buy, any of the lucky few that got it early at retailers willing to ship out a copy to GAFers?

wait what? Best Buys got the game already?

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
what the fuck sort of release date is january??!!! i want to know the day!

Kimosabae

Banned
Captain N said:
wait what? Best Buys got the game already?

Thought I read a page or two back someone saying their local BB put the game on the shelves early. Everyone's been checking their local BBs since.

TheFallen

Between the OP and the childish system wars, I'm having a hard time getting hyped for a game I know so little about. Discuss Bayonetta ffs.

Captain N

navii said:
what the fuck sort of release date is january??!!! i want to know the day!

Gamestop has it shipping Jan. 5th, but there isn't a street date.

Kimosabae said:
Thought I read a page or two back someone saying their local BB put the game on the shelves early. Everyone's been checking their local BBs since.

Maybe Sega is sending it out to be in stores on the day after Christmas!

Dartastic

TheFallen said:
Between the OP and the childish system wars, I'm having a hard time getting hyped for a game I know so little about. Discuss Bayonetta ffs.

How about you play the demo instead, if that doesn't convince you I don't know what would. It's the best action game in years, according to all the reviews. 40/40 in Famitsu, and mostly 90+ reviews.

Captain N

TheFallen said:

If you play the demo to the point where you are nailing combos and getting in a grove...you'll know if it's for you or not.

Blueblur1

TheFallen said:
Bu--bu--bu--but it's by Hideki Kamiya!

The combos/powers impress me more and more as I play with 'em.

In my first run-through of the demo, it was so frantic that I was essentially just mashing buttons and watch the gorgeousness unfold on-screen. But now I'm really having a blast with witch time and piecing together the combos.

I checked around a few stores tonight after work, but no dice. Waiting a couple of weeks wouldn't typically bug me, but for Bayonetta...

9rrua8.jpg

Monocle

TheFallen said:
It's not Rez's job to sell Bayonetta. What, you think he's some kind of Sega shill or something? He's not gonna retype the whole fucking instruction manual. How dare you expect information about a game you don't know much about in the first post of that game's official thread, of all places. It's a Hideki Kamiya game. It comes out in January. Why would anyone ever need to know more than that?

People are so demanding these days.

Jigsaw

Banned
Monocle said:
It's not Rez's job to sell Bayonetta. What, you think he's some kind of Sega shill or something? He's not gonna retype the whole fucking instruction manual. How dare you expect information about a game you don't know much about in the first post of that game's official thread, of all places. It's a Hideki Kamiya game. It comes out in January. Why would anyone ever need to know more than that?

you could say the same about itagaki and ninja gaiden 2,yet this was the most awesome opening post of all time....bayonetta opening post had the same potential :(

Jigsaw

Banned
a Master Ninja said:
This game just might have the best credits ever, and it has some tough competition this gen.

because of
rehashed battles
?at least in dmc its somewhat part of the ending

best credits ever is and will always be mgs4,simply because of

big boss - richard doyle

Jigsaw said:
best credits ever is and will always be mgs4,simply because of

big boss - richard doyle
It's not interactive, a ludicrous retcon even from MGS standards, and Solid Snake performs and action so out of character that David Hayter rightly but futily begged Kojima to change it. Most disappointing ending of the generation for me. But I digress.

Bayonetta gives you the
cocktease fake credits, save the earth battle, real ending, two quick throwback battles, plus one taking place after the ending where you have unlimited crazy weave attacks, visually striking stripper pole sequence, plus hilarious dance number.
So much awesome crammed in it's amazing. The game is impressively fully realized.

Monocle said:

how droll

Monocle

Jigsaw said:
you could say the same about itagaki and ninja gaiden 2,yet this was the most awesome opening post of all time....bayonetta opening post had the same potential :(
Stay your tongue, fool! Rez's spies are everywhere.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Monocle said:
It's not Rez's job to sell Bayonetta. What, you think he's some kind of Sega shill or something? He's not gonna retype the whole fucking instruction manual. How dare you expect information about a game you don't know much about in the first post of that game's official thread, of all places. It's a Hideki Kamiya game. It comes out in January. Why would anyone ever need to know [more than that[/url]?

grow up or shut up

Foxix Von

YAAAAAAARGHHH. I found it at walmart only to get to the counter and have the dude ring the damn thing up and as soon as he scans it *BEEEEEEEEEEEP* "NOT AVAILABLE FOR SALE" pops up on the screen.

:(

Foxix said:
YAAAAAAARGHHH. I found it at walmart only to get to the counter and have the dude ring the damn thing up and as soon as he scans it *BEEEEEEEEEEEP* "NOT AVAILABLE FOR SALE" pops up on the screen.

I'd have caused a scene

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Foxix said:

that's when you slip him a fiver and a sprinkle of Christmas cheer. it's a common mistake, my friend.

HYDE said:
It has to do with the controller for me. I understand you. I loved Ninja Gaiden Sigma I/II more than the original and black due to the controller. DMC and DMC 3/4 all used the dualshock. God of War I/II/III use the dualshock. XBOX 360 controller sucks for action games. I know that Platinum worked on 360 and Sega on PS3. I just don't want to play with the 360 controller.
Back on topic, I love the changes from witch to panther, absolutely incredible.

Once again, anyone with the US PS3 Bayonetta please post your pics.

No...the dual shock is a piece of shit for almost any type of genre especially fighters and action games.

Crappy analog placement
Crappy D-Pad
Crappy Triggers
Crappy Shoulder Buttons
Crappy shape design

Piece of shit is a piece of shit. No need to deny it. The dual shock is the reason why I don't buy many games for my PS3 or play it as often. After 15 minutes of playing, I get cramps and my hands aren't even big.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
a Master Ninja said:
It's not interactive, a ludicrous retcon even from MGS standards, and Solid Snake performs and action so out of character that David Hayter rightly but futily begged Kojima to change it. Most disappointing ending of the generation for me. But I digress.

Don't get me started on that debacle of an ending.

Phoenix Fang said:
No...the dual shock is a piece of shit for almost any type of genre especially fighters and action games.

Crappy analog placement
Crappy D-Pad
Crappy Triggers
Crappy Shoulder Buttons
Crappy shape design

Piece of shit is a piece of shit. No need to deny it. The dual shock is the reason why I don't buy many games for my PS3 or play it as often. After 15 minutes of playing, I get cramps and my hands aren't even big.

260dhfq.jpg

Phoenix Fang said:

Crappy analog placement
Crappy D-Pad
Crappy Triggers
Crappy Shoulder Buttons
Crappy shape design

I disagree. In fact, I find the 360's bumpers to be even more offensive than the black and white buttons on the original pad. And that d-pad? Shouldn't even be on the thing. Disgraceful!

Never tried Bayonetta on it, though. But it absolutely sucked for DMC4.

HYDE

Banned
Bayonetta proves you so, so wrong.[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong, Ninja Gaiden I and II are the reason I bought an original XBOX and an XBOX 360(because they are/were Microsoft exclusives). When each came out for the PS3 I enjoyed the controls more. Since Bayonetta is not exclusive, I will be buying it for PS3. Solely based on my controller preference. Sorry, you will not get me to conform to your opinion about the controls. Its just that, my preference. I am; however, glad that it works out for you. Quit bullying alright. :D

Monocle

HYDE said:
Don't get me wrong, Ninja Gaiden I and II are the reason I bought an original XBOX and an XBOX 360(because they are/were Microsoft exclusives). When each came out for the PS3 I enjoyed the controls more. Since Bayonetta is not exclusive, I will be buying it for PS3. Solely based on my controller preference. Sorry, you will not get me to conform to your opinion about the controls. Its just that, my preference. I am; however, glad that it works out for you. Quit bullying alright. :D
You know, if you invested in a controller converter you'd open up a lot more options for yourself.

HYDE

Banned
Monocle said:
You know, if you invested in a controller converter you'd open up a lot more options for yourself.

I already asked about one. There is a simple cable on ebay to use the PS2 controller on 360 do you know anything about it? I don't want the expensive one with the turbo crap, just a simple cable if possible. Any help?

@aMasterNinja: I was just honestly wondering if you felt the original XBOX controller was the definitive controller for Ninja Gaiden and Black. Did you try out Sigma I/II with the dualshock? Seriously, just curious, not trying to bait.

sinnergy

Saargabath said:
I have a PS3, a Wii. I intend to get a 360 just for Bayonetta ( I can afford it ). Is it worth it?
Yeah get one, X360 is a great console for games lots of cheap and must haves that are released, also some titles that are worth it in the near future. If you can afford it.. why not..

I can afford it and have all 3. We are all gamers ;) not (not whole GAF ;) )

Monocle

HYDE said:
I already asked about one. There is a simple cable on ebay to use the PS2 controller on 360 do you know anything about it? I don't want the expensive one with the turbo crap, just a simple cable if possible. Any help?

@aMasterNinja: I was just honestly wondering if you felt the original XBOX controller was the definitive controller for Ninja Gaiden and Black. Did you try out Sigma I/II with the dualshock? Seriously, just curious, not trying to bait.
Supposedly the Xconverter 360 is one of the best you can get.

HYDE

Banned
Monocle said:
Supposedly the Xconverter 360 is one of the best you can get.

Sweet, I like that it matches the console's color also. Its about $25 on ebay, and you need a wired 360 controller as well. Not bad. Thanks for giving me an answer. I will be buying this hopefully before January 5th. I am stoked to try out other games with it as well.

One last question, if you or anyone knows, can you configure the button layout in bayonetta?

TheExodu5

Banned
_tetsuo_ said:
Never understood how the 360 controller is terrible for only action games. Seems like if you hated it for action games you would hate it for everything.

It's the buttons. Very rounded and clicky. Doesn't feel very good for a button masher at all. Also, the triggers and bumpers are far worse modifiers for an action game when compared to the R1/L1 buttons on a Dualshock.

Hell, I've used a 360 controller for DMC4 on the PC just fine, so it's not the end of the world or anything. I just happen to prefer the PS3 controller for any game where face buttons are the primary method of input.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
TheExodu5 said:
It's the buttons. Very rounded and clicky. Doesn't feel very good for a button masher at all. Also, the triggers and bumpers are far worse modifiers for an action game when compared to the R1/L1 buttons on a Dualshock.

Hell, I've used a 360 controller for DMC4 on the PC just fine, so it's not the end of the world or anything. I just happen to prefer the PS3 controller for any game where face buttons are the primary method of input.

That's fine. Nothing wrong with preference. Earlier however, (maybe in a different thread) someone said they were going to pass on the game because of the 360 controller. On this page we see someone said that the controller sucked for action games. That is the type of stuff that is just kinda weird to me.

Decado

Are people getting used to the excessive flashiness? I played a bit of the PS3 and 360 demo...liked a lot of what I played, but the action was simply too hard to follow (particularly the 360 demo). I really wish Japanese developers would get this silly shit out of their heads. Seems like all but a few studios are trying to blind everyone who plays their games.

Monocle

Decado said:
Are people getting used to the excessive flashiness? I played a bit of the PS3 and 360 demo...liked a lot of what I played, but the action was simply too hard to follow (particularly the 360 demo). I really wish Japanese developers would get this silly shit out of their heads. Seems like all but a few studios are trying to blind everyone who plays their games.
It takes maybe three runs through to demo to get used to it. All you need to do is learn to recognize Bayonetta's attacks. Try lots of different combos outside of battle until you become familiar with their visual effects.

Thanks for the replies. I believe I will get a 360 in 2010, not only for less tearing but I'll check the exclusives that might interest me. Thing is I can finally afford having all consoles but I have less and less time to play.

Top Bottom