• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

andymcc

Banned
checked the local best buy, no copies of the game. checked every wal-mart/k-mart in the area, no dice. :lol goddamnit i really want this game.

HYDE said:
@aMasterNinja: I was just honestly wondering if you felt the original XBOX controller was the definitive controller for Ninja Gaiden and Black. Did you try out Sigma I/II with the dualshock? Seriously, just curious, not trying to bait.

Playing Ninja Gaiden with a dual shock controller is like someone with no arms trying to clap.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
ps3 demo is a pile of dog shit - i cant believe i had more fun with dantes inferno... it ran so awsomly great!

fuck this hideki guy for not giving a fuck about the ps3 version... i cant play this mess
=> please lock the framerate or drop some gfx effects...

sankt-Antonio said:

fuck this hideki guy for not giving a fuck about the ps3 version...

Aye...Watch urself boi

But it's clear that this was a 360 exclusive before Sega asked to go multiplat with it. Have any of his games STARTED multiplatform without having to be ported a year or more later?

I've checked every store in driving distance that sells videogames twice over the past week. I've been championing this bitch since the first trailer and I have to wait like the rabble.

Unffgh

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I went to multiple stores yesterday and almost nobody even heard of Bayonetta, let alone had it in stock already. The lone individual that had heard of it also told me he 'heard it was shit' and wouldn't recommend it, and then let out a really snide, "And good luck finding it during this shopping season, man." Eat a bowl of dicks, man.

So if anybody in Ventura or Los Angeles county has seen it somewhere, please give a heads up. I'd figure somebody, somewhere, here in SoCal has seen this on a shelf by now.

ZeMMiK

same in Netherlads europe.. no show.
It seems some people where lucky in Germany... if i believe the Dec Pickups.
I had enough time this Xmas to go wild with it....more call of duty then:D

Volcynika

New entry on the PG Blog, all about Bayonetta's torture attacks, including the ones not actually used in the final game:

http://platinumgames.com/2009/12/24/the-weapons-of-bayonetta-–-vol-3/ (link didn't work earlier but now it did for me.....so hopefully it does for you!)

The fish was a rejected idea. It was based off the fish from an old game that may have involved Balloons and Fighting, but we didn’t really have a place to put it in the game, so it got pushed to the back of the stack.

The bird cage was actually a Middle Ages torture device, but there wasn’t really a way to turn it into an action oriented event, so it was cut. I would have loved to stick chains on it and spin it around, but anytime I explain why my idea was so cool, no one would understand. That sucked.

:lol

epmode

Saargabath said:
Thanks for the replies. I believe I will get a 360 in 2010, not only for less tearing but I'll check the exclusives that might interest me.
Good work. Multiconsole owners (including a gaming PC) tend to be the only sane people on this forum.

epmode said:
Good work. Multiconsole owners (including a gaming PC) tend to be the only sane people on this forum.

This is why when you ask if it's worth buying another console and you can afford it, it's a simple yes. More choice, more win, less idiocy.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The bird cage was actually a Middle Ages torture device, but there wasn’t really a way to turn it into an action oriented event, so it was cut. I would have loved to stick chains on it and spin it around, but anytime I explain why my idea was so cool, no one would understand. That sucked.

Funny stuff, I wish the bird cage would have made it into the game. Maybe you could lock an enemy in it and mash B to repeatedly mock him or something, it could be done.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Net_Wrecker said:
Aye...Watch urself boi

But it's clear that this was a 360 exclusive before Sega asked to go multiplat with it. Have any of his games STARTED multiplatform without having to be ported a year or more later?

look i dont want to start some systemwars - i only own the ps3 and dont care why this game sucks on the ps3 - it does, no fanboy can deny that and people have to be told, so that it refects in sales....

i would have taken a year of 360 exclusivity and waited for it without having problems with it, if it would make for a better ps3 game.

Blueblur1

Monocle said:
It's not Rez's job to sell Bayonetta. What, you think he's some kind of Sega shill or something? He's not gonna retype the whole fucking instruction manual. How dare you expect information about a game you don't know much about in the first post of that game's official thread, of all places. It's a Hideki Kamiya game. It comes out in January. Why would anyone ever need to know more than that?

People are so demanding these days.
Ha. Very nice.

This thread needs less negativity and more Kamiya pimping:

Hideki Kamiya said:
And taking pictures with female fans, you know I wrap my arm around their shoulder… Hehehehe…

You think he is kidding or not serious?

2j5hul0.jpg

danmaku

ultron87 said:
Shopkeeper guy quote (Rodin?):
"Whadya buyin'? ... I heard that in a game once."
:lol :lol

And what about
"I'm not putting a chainsaw on your arm!"
?? :lol

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
danmaku said:
And what about
"I'm not putting a chainsaw on your arm!"
?? :lol

Yeah lots of references to other games, but my favorite is probably
the special stages, they are not the best part of the games, but its so fun playing them, especially the first time you are playing it, and when the music starts and you are like: "Shit, thats xxxxxx music" !! like Outrun's splash wave or Space Harrier theme, soooo goood

Dave1988

GhostRidah said:
I hope to god there will be a pc version sometime in the future, until then I will keep playing my 360 version.

Yes, I'm hoping for this, too. It would be so much easier (and cheaper) for me to buy a graphics card than an Xbox360.

Hopefully this thread starts to suck less once everyone manages to get a copy of the game.

Actually nevermind them. I just want a copy. =/

Thought about walking into a Walmart but then I remembered it's fucking two days before Christmas and not worth the trouble.

TheOddOne

Relaxed Muscle said:
This thread needs less negativity and more Kamiya pimping:

You think he is kidding or not serious?

2j5hul0.jpg
All the chick go for the rockstar game developers.

Its not fair, it not fair I tells ya.

im probably just gonna call BB and ask them to look up the number by SKU and see if they can hold it for me.

Its worth the 45 mins of driving, right GAF?

N30RYU

sankt-Antonio said:
look i dont want to start some systemwars - i only own the ps3 and dont care why this game sucks on the ps3 - it does, no fanboy can deny that and people have to be told, so that it refects in sales....

i would have taken a year of 360 exclusivity and waited for it without having problems with it, if it would make for a better ps3 game.
+1

YuriLowell said:
im probably just gonna call BB and ask them to look up the number by SKU and see if they can hold it for me.

Its worth the 45 mins of driving, right GAF?
I would totally do that if it was an option :lol

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I just replayed the PS3 demo. It's funny, in videos, I have a big problem with the general performance of the PS3 version, but when I'm in the middle of the action myself, I hardly notice it. Granted, the final game probably has sections that perform worst than the demo area.

It's nice having the L2+R2+Select (RT/LT/Back) cutscene skip for repeat playthroughs. It only saves a second or two, but it really helps maintain the flow.

I've never really experimented with the sword. Does anyone with the final game find themselves using it over the default move-set all that much?

aparisi2274

I am going to go check the best buy on Staten Island later on today... Just wondering if any gaffer in NYC was able to find this game yet?

Leatherface

I don't get the hype for this game. I played the demo and hated it. Maybe it's the over the top Japan-o-weird anime shit that doesn't sit right with me, but usually I'm not too bothered by it. *shrug*

Not only that but as a grown man..I dunno... I just feel wrong playing this. lol.

I was actually totally embarrassed the other night when my wife caught me playing the demo. Of course it was a really over the top part where all my clothes came off and a giant fucking hooker boot came out of the sky to crush my enemies. Then (of course), I hopped away while butterflies flew out of me. wtf?! :lol

Leatherface said:
I don't get the hype for this game. I played the demo and hated it. Maybe it's the over the top Japan-o-weird anime shit that doesn't sit right with me, but usually I'm not too bothered by it. *shrug*

Not only that but as a grown man..I dunno... I just feel wrong playing this. lol.

I was actually totally embarrassed the other night when my wife caught me playing the demo. Of course it was a really over the top part where all my clothes came off and a giant fucking hooker boot came out of the sky and crushed my enemies. Then (of course) I hopped away while butterflies flew out of me. wtf?! :lol
really?

l_abf7878f2f9c80ee43ea4862c06daade.gif

Leatherface said:

I was actually totally embarrassed the other night when my wife caught me playing the demo. Of course it was a really over the top part where all my clothes came off and a giant fucking hooker boot came out of the sky to crush my enemies. Then (of course), I hopped away while butterflies flew out of me. wtf?! :lol

I'm not that interested in the game (not into these hardcore action titles) but I think that's the entire point of this game, and also the best feature.

Here's what I got from the demo:

Bayonetta (the game) does not give a flying fuck about the conventions of the genre. One second you are killing angels and the next you are ruining a giant demon with your giant LOST-Smoke-Monster-in-the-shape-of-a-stripper-shoe finishing move. And all the while a crazy electro-dance-pop soundtrack is thumping in the background and Bayonetta is dolled up like Sarah Palin / Tina Fey and half-naked doing a jig. It flies so hard in the face of convention, it can't help but be awesome.

If I came to you 3 years ago and told you this game would exist, you would laugh me off the face of the earth.

StrikerObi said:
Bayonetta (the game) does not give a flying fuck about the conventions of the genre. One second you are killing angels and the next you are ruining a giant demon with your giant LOST-Smoke-Monster-in-the-shape-of-a-stripper-shoe finishing move. And all the while a crazy electro-dance-pop soundtrack is thumping in the background and Bayonetta is dolled up like Sarah Palin / Tina Fey and half-naked doing a jig. It flies so hard in the face of convention, it can't help but be awesome.

If I came to you 3 years ago and told you this game would exist, you would laugh me off the face of the earth.

Only if you said it was made by a western dev. Western devs don't make "fruity" games like bayo.

HYDE

Banned
Phoenix Fang said:
Playing Ninja Gaiden with a dual shock controller is like someone with no arms trying to clap.

Spoken like a non Master Ninja.
If there was a vs mode I'd dice you with four flying sparrows before you could block once.

HYDE said:
Spoken like a non Master Ninja.
If there was a vs mode I'd dice you with four flying sparrows before you could block once.
I find it funny how you mention flying sparrow and Master Ninja because every "Master Ninja" knows you get raped if you spam that shit on anything above Normal/Warrior. :lol

Fuck Chapter
XIV!!

There just had to be this one stupid level to ruin the entire flow of the game. Why must developers break up the action with such retarded ideas?

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
koshunter said:
Fuck Chapter
XIV!!

There just had to be this one stupid level to ruin the entire flow of the game. Why must developers break up the action with such retarded ideas?

No, it was fine, same with the
route 666 outrun like stage
specially the music, a nice throwback to the old days.

Kandrick said:
No, it was fine, same with the
route 666 outrun like stage
specially the music, a nice throwback to the old days.

Route 666 was much easier and didn't require some crazy dodging with inverted controls (can I change this? It would make it much easier) to beat enemies with weak laser attacks.

This has to be the hardest part in the game I've faced so far and that's not a good thing. Unless I'm doing something wrong... I hope to god I'm doing it wrong.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
koshunter said:
Route 666 was much easier and didn't require some crazy dodging with inverted controls (can I change this? It would make it much easier) to beat enemies with weak laser attacks.

This has to be the hardest part in the game I've faced so far and that's not a good thing. Unless I'm doing something wrong... I hope to god I'm doing it wrong.

you can change it in the options, i agree it kinda breaks the flow of the game, with those two stages, but its a nice homage to outrun and space harrier, i wasnt expecting that, and they actually use the musics from the original games, it was a nice touch. It plays exactly like space harrier, you can hardly see the shit coming at you in chapter 14, but thats the point :lol

sonicmj1

aparisi2274 said:
I am going to go check the best buy on Staten Island later on today... Just wondering if any gaffer in NYC was able to find this game yet?

I made a few calls to a couple of Best Buys in Manhattan, but they seemed pretty aware of the game's release date. I think we might be out of luck.

This is my favorite 360 game. Not currently favorite, not favorite of the year, favorite 360 game.

Kamiya games are what was missing from this generation (yes I know about Madworld but I don't own a Wii).

Arpharmd B said:
Kamiya games are what was missing from this generation (yes I know about Madworld but I don't own a Wii).

MadWorld isn't a Kamiya game, though.

Platinum, sure, but Kamiya, no. :/

That said, I CANNOT FIND THIS GAME ANYWHERE IN CHICAGO. I thirst for it!!

Top Bottom