• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juicy Bob

muvZU.jpg

muvZU.jpg

muvZU.jpg

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
TEAM GB AND PARALYMPIC GB WIN TEAM OF THE YEAR

But then...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/sports-personality/19997397

TEAM OF THE YEAR

For the team in an individual sport or sporting discipline that has achieved the most notable performance in the calendar year to date. The team should have significant UK interest or involvement.

For the avoidance of doubt this criteria excludes Team GB/Paralympics GB but includes the likes of British Cycling, Rowing Coxless Four and the European Ryder Cup team.

Having a hell of a time trying to shazam the music featured in the show, trying to Suss out that drum and bass track they played half an hour ago.

Bumhead

Banned
A bit too much pomp here for Coe for my taste. Straddling the line between deserved recognition and smug, self satisfied back slapping from the BBC.

Juicy Bob

Regardless of who won or who came second or third, someone was going to be robbed. I think Wiggins is probably the right choice.

Grim1ock

Banned
Mo felt so forced after the games, probably put a lot of people off.

mo farah was just fake. he stripped layers of his personality and culture to make himself more appealing to white british establishment.

Tonight it got him nowhere. Compare mo to someone like Hashim Amla the south african cricketer and it speaks volumes.

And the funny thing is Hash is universally adored by everyone in South africa including those who were once the apartheid benefactors.

liger05

I'm guessing Mo Farah's birth name is Mohammed yes?

Now I know people have nicknames or abbreviations but I don't think I have ever heard any journalist, pundit, commentator etc use the name Mohammed. Not once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom