• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beachbody Workouts |OT| Gaf Does P90/X/X2, Insanity/Asylum, T-25 and More!

Man, day 6 done and my lower back is KILLING me! Hopefully the day off tomorrow will sort it out. I think it's as much laying down on my bed on my laptop all day more than the workouts. I've got my desk now so it'll get better hopefully.

Korosenai

Man, day 6 done and my lower back is KILLING me! Hopefully the day off tomorrow will sort it out. I think it's as much laying down on my bed on my laptop all day more than the workouts. I've got my desk now so it'll get better hopefully.

Congrats on making it through your first week! It's always the hardest.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
T25: Efficiently work at your max intensity for 25 minutes. Moves from body part to body part so you don't have to stop.

25 minutes, zero rest. "You can rest when you go to bed" -- Shaun T

3 Phases
Alpha Phase: The beginning. Gym class 101 with a Shaun T twist. All body weight.
Alpha cardio -- every move is standing, no burpees, no weights, no equipment. Progressive workout. Focus on form, range of motion. Tanya does the modifiers.
Total Body Circuit -- "My favorite part of the program because you're going to die" -- Shaun T. As soon as you start to get tired, switch the muscle group that's completely rested. Then when you start to get tired again, switch again & so on.
Lower Focus -- all lower body movement.
Ab Intervals -- The death of your abs. Abs on the floor, then cardio moves slow & controlled, using your core.
Speed 1.0 -- Athletic movements done to a rhythm.

Beta: Strictly designed around your core. Focus on the center.
Upper Focus: All upper body.
Core Cardio: Standing & on the floor. Getting heart rate up.
Speed 2.0: Movements change quicker, you have to focus.
Dynamic Core: 7 standing ab moves, 7 seated, then a mixture of different core moves. Learn to use your lower abs over your hip flexors.
Rip Circuit: Hold movements, move with control.

That's the base kit. Two 25-day rounds.

Gamma Phase: Upgrade option. Gets into strength. Weights come into play. They didn't go into much detail about it.
Hum, that sounds really good...

Menaged

Welp, I'm kinda officialy done.
Technically, I have 2 days left but... I'm just in no mood to do them, and I guess there won't be any major consequences, so whatever.

I didn't use a scale or took "before" pictures, so I can't share my progress, but it exists.
Jeans are looser, and on top of that my chest \ belly area is more defined looking.
I still have fat I'd like to lose (especialy those "love handles"), and that's why I'll visit Insanity again in around 2 months.

I know it may sound cliche, but I wanted to say a HUGE thank you to everyone in this thread for motivating, and answering questions upon questions. It greatly helped me.

FUCK YES! My fiancé and I just wrapped up our final fit test.

Our numbers from fit test 1 to final test:

My Fitness Test 1 My Final Fitness Test

Switch kicks (2kicks = 1rep) 42 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 87
Power Jacks 40 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 70
Power Knees (both knees combined) 50 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 144
Power Jumps 27 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 78
Globe Jumps 5 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 14
Suicide Jumps 13 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 27
Push up Jacks 19 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 58
Power Obliques (hop in between) 40 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 100

Fiance Fitness Test 1 Finace Final Fitness Test

Switch kicks (2kicks = 1rep) 40 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 80
Power Jacks 40 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 65
Power Knees (both knees combined) 70 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 116
Power Jumps 20 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 60
Globe Jumps 6 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 10
Suicide Jumps 10 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 15
Push up Jacks 12 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 30
Power Oblique's 38 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 60

Insanity Review:

Pros: Great for getting muscle density and tone in your triceps, legs, shoulders, chest. Amazing for HIIT recovery and explosive energy. Needless to say, it's all about the core. My posture has greatly improved and I feel a lot tighter overall. Really good for your calves. You will lose fat and inches. That goes without saying. Balance and flexibility will improve also.

Cons: There is nothing in there for your "pull" muscles. My biceps, forearms and back have actually shrunk and really out of proportion in terms of size, density and tone compared to my "push" muscles.

Summary: I went into it wanting to lose weight and drop inches. I lost NO weight at all. Instead I put on a lot of dense muscle, lowered my blood pressure well from hypertension into normal, greatly reduce my heart rate and just great health overall. All the muscles in my body that Insanity targets have completely transformed in the past 2 months. For me, that's an amazingly trade off for having not lost any weight. So much so, that I'm planning to start back up after week's worth of rest.

Going forward: We're going to take a week off and start it again. This time, I want to control my diet better and accelerate the fat loss. We're also going to mix in boxing (200lb heavy bag) to tone up the biceps and back so things even out.

Goals for the next round: I want to get close to ShaunT's numbers. I believe I can. Since I saw his numbers, my focus in the workouts has really sharpened because now I have a carrot to chase after. I can't wait to take the big man down!!!

Special thanks: to all the people in this thread with their positive support, feedback. However, my biggest thanks goes to my fiancé who joined my in this and pushed me through the hard days and kept me going. She probably believes I can catch ShaunT in the next round more than I believe it! I can't imagine making it this far without being distracted if it wasn't for her. We're now going to The Restaurant at Meadowood to celebrate tonight :)

Wow, those results are amazing! How would you say your general fitness was before you started? Above average? Congrats anyway! If my end results are anywhere nears I'll be damned happy :)

Wow, those results are amazing! How would you say your general fitness was before you started? Above average? Congrats anyway! If my end results are anywhere nears I'll be damned happy :)

When I started off, it wasn't very good. I was mildly active and inconsistent with regular activity.

However, in the past, I've done years of boxing, sports and HIIT so having that muscle memory and willpower to push yourself goes a long way.

The truth is, with Insanity or any other workout, what you put in is what you get out. Take each workout seriously, don't skip days and keep pushing.

Menaged

Crazy results.
I stopped doing the fit test in month 2 since I didn't see the point for me, but there's not way I'm close to that. Just Wow :p

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Dem results

Hopefully week 2 of phase 2 will go a bit better for me. The new workouts shattered me the first week.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
So I had a solid three weeks where I was so caught up with work that I couldn't fit the time in to do this.

By some stretch, I maintained what I gained over the time that I did it. I'm back on the program now, thankfully.

When I started off, it wasn't very good. I was mildly active and inconsistent with regular activity.

However, in the past, I've done years of boxing, sports and HIIT so having that muscle memory and willpower to push yourself goes a long way.

The truth is, with Insanity or any other workout, what you put in is what you get out. Take each workout seriously, don't skip days and keep pushing.

I know what you mean about the willpower. I'm trying to imagine there's someone next to me that I'm competing with to stop me giving up. I had a look at your fitness test results from day one and they're actually pretty similar to mine. You beat me in some and vice versa. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

My break day tomorrow will be so frustrating. I just wanna get on with another workout!

gotoadgo

Fit test 4 for me is done, two weeks to go and I'll rest for a week and start my P90X run! Psyched to start some strength training for a change.

Results compared to my last fit test

Switch Kicks 134 > 144
Power Jacks 62 > 67
Power Knees 120 > 121(bleh)
Power Jumps 58 > 67
Globe Jumps 10 > 11
Suicide Jumps 20 > 22
Push Up Jacks 27 > 33
Low Plank Oblique 50 > 61

Pretty happy with the results so far. Next test I'll post from my first one in comparison for those interested.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
I know it may sound cliche, but I wanted to say a HUGE thank you to everyone in this thread for motivating, and answering questions upon questions. It greatly helped me.

I'm glad we were able to help!

If you want to burn fat, that really begins in the kitchen. Exercise is only part of the equation. Eat clean, whole foods; reduce carbs, eliminate refined carbs if you can (sugar of all kinds, white flour, etc), eat lean, high quality meats and lots & lots of fresh colorful vegetables, limiting starchy vegetables like potatoes & beans, and eat more berries than apples/oranges/bananas.

If you haven't already, I'd recommend tracking everything you eat for a few weeks using a tool like myfitnesspal or loseit. It can be a real eye-opener!

Summary: I went into it wanting to lose weight and drop inches. I lost NO weight at all. Instead I put on a lot of dense muscle, lowered my blood pressure well from hypertension into normal, greatly reduce my heart rate and just great health overall. All the muscles in my body that Insanity targets have completely transformed in the past 2 months. For me, that's an amazingly trade off for having not lost any weight. So much so, that I'm planning to start back up after week's worth of rest.

Going forward: We're going to take a week off and start it again. This time, I want to control my diet better and accelerate the fat loss. We're also going to mix in boxing (200lb heavy bag) to tone up the biceps and back so things even out.

Goals for the next round: I want to get close to ShaunT's numbers. I believe I can. Since I saw his numbers, my focus in the workouts has really sharpened because now I have a carrot to chase after. I can't wait to take the big man down!!!

Special thanks: to all the people in this thread with their positive support, feedback. However, my biggest thanks goes to my fiancé who joined my in this and pushed me through the hard days and kept me going. She probably believes I can catch ShaunT in the next round more than I believe it! I can't imagine making it this far without being distracted if it wasn't for her. We're now going to The Restaurant at Meadowood to celebrate tonight :)

Congratulations on some awesome results!! Very impressive! It really does help to have people providing support, and I'm glad your fiance' was right there with you. Sounds like you have a good plan going forward, too.

It also seems to me that you two might make a good Coaching pair. Send me a PM and I can give you some info about that.

Pretty happy with the results so far. Next test I'll post from my first one in comparison for those interested.

Nice progress! I'm absolutely interested in seeing your next results. Don't ever be shy to post that -- we all want to see how you're doing!

As for me, I'm in the last week of Body Beast, finishing up on Friday. I'm going to order T25 the instant it's available with high priority shipping so I'm hoping to start it up as soon as I get it.

And of course I'll post order links here and in the T25 thread as soon as I see one!

Menaged

I'm glad we were able to help!

If you want to burn fat, that really begins in the kitchen. Exercise is only part of the equation. Eat clean, whole foods; reduce carbs, eliminate refined carbs if you can (sugar of all kinds, white flour, etc), eat lean, high quality meats and lots & lots of fresh colorful vegetables, limiting starchy vegetables like potatoes & beans, and eat more berries than apples/oranges/bananas.

I think I'm doing fine on that front.
I eat 2-3 slices of whole bread during the day. Carb wise it's mostly whole rice and quinoa with lantens. Meat wise it's mostly chicken breast, and for late dinner I always have a salad.

I eat no sweets and fruits at all (I don't really like fruits), while I do eat some potatoes alongside the chicken breast.

So I think overall I'm eating quite good, with the occasional slip up every now and then.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I forgot that Phase 3 is pretty rough with the alternating between Phase 1 and Phase 2 workouts. Pull-ups on Wednesday, Friday, then Monday. Oww.

trilobyte

About to start day 50 of P90-X - Lost about 15lbs so far. I can really tell the difference from when I started

...but it's getting really tough to stay motivated now. I dunno, it seems to be getting harder than easier 0_o - I'm also getting a little tired of Tony and friends lol

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
About to start day 50 of P90-X - Lost about 15lbs so far. I can really tell the difference from when I started

...but it's getting really tough to stay motivated now. I dunno, it seems to be getting harder than easier 0_o - I'm also getting a little tired of Tony and friends lol

A couple things that might help:

1. Try to remember why you're doing this? What is your motivation? What are your goals? Always try to keep them in mind. You can also set smaller goals for yourself, such as a specific number of push-ups or a specific weight lifted, and then set new goals when you reach those.

2. Accountability. Post about your workouts here or on the teambeachbody.com message boards. Or on your Facebook wall, or somewhere and make it a regular habit. If you don't have someone working out with you, it can help to have friends and/or like-minded people seeing your reports. It's also a good tool for you to look back through and see your struggles and triumphs over time.

Ubersnug

So, the end of week 2 on Saturday there and I did a weigh in, 209lbs. Meaning I've lost 9lbs in two weeks since starting insanity.

Did my second fitness test this morning and my results were:

Switch Kicks: 106 (+6)
Power Jacks 52 (+6)
Power Knees: 106 (+27!!)
Power Jumps: 28 (+6)
Globe Jumps: 9 (+3)
Suicide Jumps: 13 (+6)
Push Up Jacks: 20 (+7)
Low Plank Oblique: 64 (+9)

So far, I'm pretty happy with my progress. Although I'm dubious about my Power Knee results. I wonder if I'm doing them correctly to get such a substantial increase since my first test.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
So, the end of week 2 on Saturday there and I did a weigh in, 209lbs. Meaning I've lost 9lbs in two weeks since starting insanity.

Did my second fitness test this morning and my results were:

Switch Kicks: 106 (+6)
Power Jacks 52 (+6)
Power Knees: 106 (+27!!)
Power Jumps: 28 (+6)
Globe Jumps: 9 (+6)
Suicide Jumps: 13 (+6)
Push Up Jacks: 20 (+7)
Low Plank Oblique: 64 (+9)

So far, I'm pretty happy with my progress. Although I'm dubious about my Power Knee results. I wonder if I'm doing them correctly to get such a substantial increase since my first test.

You could video yourself & check. Either way, nice improvements! You're doing great so far!

any recommendations for tapout xt?

A couple guys at work are doing this in the gym there, and it looks pretty fun. I've watched a couple of the promo videos but haven't read any reviews or looked too much into it. It feels like a combination of Les Mills Combat with a bunch of floor moves & some resistance band work.

izakq

Finished week 3 of Insanity and so far I have lost 6 lbs. I can already see that my gut is going down and my jeans are fitting a little loose.

Another thing that I have been noticing is with the stretching that goes on, my back feels a whole lot better than what it used to. Also, before I started Insanity, my right knee was giving me problems in that it felt like I was kneeling down all day. Now with all the jogging and squats, it feels a whole lot better and no more pain that I used to get.

Though the one concern that I do have is, when going through the workouts, I feel like my lower half is doing just great. When about thirty minutes in and some of the workouts deal with push-ups or exercises that are in a push-up position, I'm getting winded and can't get through the whole exercise. With that, I feel like I'm losing out a lot and my upper half, especially my arms, are not getting the full benefit, even though I try to push myself with these exercises. Any tips on this?

Tobinishi

Little bit overwhelmed with all the information in the OP ;).

I'm a skinny guy and want to try building some muscle plus losing a little bit fat around the belly. Which programme should i choose? Or is more for losing weight than muscle training? Never had to do anything, but now with work, studying, etc. its hard to stay in shape. Any tips greatly appreciated.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

I'm a skinny guy and want to try building some muscle plus losing a little bit fat around the belly. Which programme should i choose? Or is more for losing weight than muscle training? Never had to do anything, but now with work, studying, etc. its hard to stay in shape. Any tips greatly appreciated.

Do P90X. You just need the pull up bar (can buy in stores) and some bands (or dumbbells if you have some). It'll help you lose some fat in the cardio days, and build muscle in the weights days.

:)

KingGondo

Banned

I second the P90X recommendation. Do the Classic routine and you'll see good results.

Also, you'll probably find it helpful to post your diet and get recommendations from Beachbody-GAF. You'll still see good results if you just "eat well," but you'll be amazed at your progress if you add a protein shake and make some small modifications to your overall diet.

Tobinishi

I second the P90X recommendation. Do the Classic routine and you'll see good results.

Also, you'll probably find it helpful to post your diet and get recommendations from Beachbody-GAF. You'll still see good results if you just "eat well," but you'll be amazed at your progress if you add a protein shake and make some small modifications to your overall diet.

Atm I dont eat healthy. Dont really have the time to cook something, so normally i eat some fruits in the morning and pasta/fast food at the evening, thats it. And probably too much alcohol on top of that ;).

There comes a dietplan with P90X, I am right? Is it enough and easy to use? Or do you guys recommend a different guide?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Does the pull up bar need to be near the tv?

Not specifically. As long as you can hear the TV you're fine (so you can know when that move ends).

Should be going on sale some time today. I've heard 12 noon PST.

Nice! Any price yet?

Atm I dont eat healthy. Dont really have the time to cook something, so normally i eat some fruits in the morning and pasta/fast food at the evening, thats it. And probably too much alcohol on top of that ;).

There comes a dietplan with P90X, I am right? Is it enough and easy to use? Or do you guys recommend a different guide?

If you can follow the P90X diet more power to you. I couldn't because it's pretty specific. Basically I just made sure to eat healthier. A light breakfast, salad or something for lunch, chicken & veggies for dinner, and almonds/string cheese as a snack. If you have time issues cook some chicken on the weekend and buy the single portion bags of frozen veggies. Then during the week you can throw the veggies in the microwave and warm the chicken up and top with some BBQ suace or something. Stick with milk, water, tea, and black coffee for drinks too. I allow myself to cheat a bit on weekends.

KingGondo

Banned

I've hardly looked at the diet guide, so I don't think it's necessary. I've heard from others that it's unnecessarily specific and complex.

Some general guidelines: you're going to want to increase protein, reduce carbs, reduce alcohol (this was tough for me as well) and plan meals ahead. Some people like to grill up 8-10 chicken breasts on the weekend and re-heat them throughout the week. Whole vegetables and whole grains are recommended as well.

Fruit is fine, but stay away from juice and sugar in general if possible. Fast food is (obviously) a huge no-no. Chipotle is about the only "fast food" place I'd recommend, and even then I'd greatly reduce the amount of rice they typically give you.

The bottom line is that if you're gonna make the commitment to do P90X, it's worth fueling your body correctly to get maximum results. You'll recover better, your workouts will be more fun, and you'll get the results you want.

I'd also recommend buying some protein powder and protein bars, which can really help fill in the gaps between meals with something healthy. I use BSN Syntha 6 protein powder, and I usually have a Quest Nutrition Bar in the mid-afternoon to keep myself on track.

Feel free to ask any other questions you have! Good luck!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Dammit, thanks T-25 site for telling me it was on sale. I signed up for the email list for a reason...

So what's gamma? Just more workouts? How long of a program is T-25? (Link isn't working ATM).

Kind of pricey for a shorter workout. $180 to get all the workouts? P90X2 wasn't even that much and it's a longer program. Do I need gamma?

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Dammit, thanks T-25 site for telling me it was on sale. I signed up for the email list for a reason...

So what's gamma? Just more workouts? How long of a program is T-25? (Link isn't working ATM).

Kind of pricey for a shorter workout. $180 to get all the workouts? P90X2 wasn't even that much and it's a longer program. Do I need gamma?

Gamma is another 4-week phase that includes strength exercises. I can't get to the product info page right now either. If I get to it I'll post the description.

I think they're still in the process of rolling it out to the site. The challenge packs aren't even up yet, and I had to go to Shop -> Trainer -> Shaun T to see it. All the banner ads on the site still go to the "sign up to learn more" page. So that's probably why they haven't sent any e-mails out yet.

OK, here's the info about the Gamma package.

BeachBody said:
Want to get it done better and faster? Prepare to take on the next 4 weeks of FOCUS T25. These advanced GAMMA Cycle workouts and training tools were specially designed to burn more fat, and help you carve lean, strong muscles, fast.

You'll get 3 Advanced 25-Minute Workouts:

Rip't Up. Strengthen and streamline your biceps, triceps, shoulders, back, and chest with Shaun's 360° upper-body moves.
Extreme Circuit. Build lean muscle and burn fat at the same time! In this one, the weights never leave your hands. Not even for the warm-up.
The Pyramid. Accelerate your reps as time progresses. This is your 25-minute cardio and strength endurance test.

Advanced Training Tools:

Beachbody® miniMAT. Get instant cushioning support throughout your core workouts with this compact, go-anywhere floor-exercise mat. (24" x 40")*
B-LINES® Resistance Bands (20 lb. + 25 lb.). Increase your intensity and maximize your lean-muscle strength with these pro-grade resistance bands.*
PURE GAMMA Calendar. If your focus is on getting completely ripped, use this PURE GAMMA workout calendar.

Plus, 2 FREE Gifts:

Speed 3.0 Workout. Faster pace. More sweat. Serious results. You won't want to miss this 25-minute high-speed challenge.
PURE STRENGTH Hybrid Calendar. Integrate the strength-based workouts from ALPHA, BETA, and GAMMA to carve lean, strong muscle from head to toe.

Note that the above is for the full package ($119.85). DVDs only for $59.85 excludes the mat and resistance bands.

Also, the 2 Speed 3.0 Workout and Pure Strength Hybrid calendar are only included if you order through a Coach. So you won't see them when this shows up on Amazon for example.

So, it looks like you integrate some of the Alpha and Beta workouts into the Gamma Phase, in addition to the 3 new workouts.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Gamma is another 4-week phase that includes strength exercises. I can't get to the product info page right now either. If I get to it I'll post the description.

I think they're still in the process of rolling it out to the site. The challenge packs aren't even up yet, and I had to go to Shop -> Trainer -> Shaun T to see it. All the banner ads on the site still go to the "sign up to learn more" page. So that's probably why they haven't sent any e-mails out yet.

Hmm, how long is the base workout? 8 weeks? Not sure I want to drop $180 right now (was honestly hoping being that T-25 is shorter it'd be like $70 or something).

I'll try to order when I can. I'd hate missing out on the "full" workout, but $180 for just 12 weeks of DVD 25 minute workouts is stiff.

EDIT: Got it to come up, looks like you have to order the bands with the base package. Too bad, I have like 8 bands already. That would have made it cheaper. :)
EDIT2: Also, no Bluray? What's up with that BB?

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Hmm, how long is the base workout? 8 weeks? Not sure I want to drop $180 right now (was honestly hoping being that T-25 is shorter it'd be like $70 or something).

I'll try to order when I can. I'd hate missing out on the "full" workout, but $180 for just 12 weeks of DVD 25 minute workouts is stiff.

EDIT: Got it to come up, looks like you have to order the bands with the base package. Too bad, I have like 8 bands already. That would have made it cheaper. :)
EDIT2: Also, no Bluray? What's up with that BB?

Alpha & Beta are 10 weeks total, not 8 weeks. Gamma's 4 weeks.

Again they're just now rolling all this out -- I imagine Blu-Ray will come eventually.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Alpha & Beta are 10 weeks total, not 8 weeks. Gamma's 4 weeks.

Again they're just now rolling all this out -- I imagine Blu-Ray will come eventually.

Yeah, just odd considering P90X2 had Bluray right out of the gate.

I may just grab the base package and go with that for now. Be cool if they have a T-25/Insanity hybrid in the future.

Nakazato

anyone ever had runners knee ?? after my last work out my knee has bee popping like a mother fucker. Im thinking its runner knee going to hold off on working out till it feels a lil better

LaneDS

Is Tanya in T25? If she is, I might have to wait for the Blu-ray, because, uh, fitness, or something.

$60 for just the DVDs is nice though! Very fair price. Also, sup y'all.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Is Tanya in T25? If she is, I might have to wait for the Blu-ray, because, uh, fitness, or something.

$60 for just the DVDs is nice though! Very fair price. Also, sup y'all.

$60 isn't the full program, that's for the extra workout (gamma). The actual program is $120 for the DVDs.

EDIT: Finally got it ordered. A bit tight on cash this month but it should be worth it. I have a good 10 lbs to drop still.

Apologies in advance if this is a dumb question, but I often see chocolate milk mentioned as a good post-recovery drink. Obviously not all chocolate mixes are equal, so what do I need to look for? Can I use 2% Milk? And what about Ovaltine?

Thanks in advance for any help.

KingGondo

Banned
Apologies in advance if this is a dumb question, but I often see chocolate milk mentioned as a good post-recovery drink. Obviously not all chocolate mixes are equal, so what do I need to look for? Can I use 2% Milk? And what about Ovaltine?

Thanks in advance for any help.
From what I understand, chocolate milk has a good mix of carbs and protein for post-workout recovery. I used to drink Horizon 1% chocolate milk after my workouts and it seemed to help.

However, I've since moved on to a post-workout protein shake of BSN Syntha-6 (chocolate cake batter) with a teaspoon of creatine. Fewer calories and carbs, and I think my results have improved.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So for the 2 weeks while I wait for T-25 I think I'll do the actually-decent Nike + Kinect workout and see how it goes. The workouts on the thing are solid and it has you mixing agility, strength and cardio days. You do the 30 minute workout and at the end they ask if you want to do another set, then another, etc.

You can also add quick workouts and pick the type, length (15, 30, 45, 60 min) and how hard it is. Kind of great for days when I don't feel like doing an Insanity or P90X workout.

My issue now is getting my eating under control. Weekdays are spot on now with eggs + turkey bacon for breakfast. A quest bar and 8oz of 2% milk for lunch, and meat + veggies for dinner, but as soon as the weekend hits it's like a cheat weekend because I'm tired of chicken and basic stuff. I need to find some meals for weekends that are out of the ordinary for "healthy food."

KingGondo

Banned
Now, where does one acquire these Quest Bars?
Amazon.

They have sample packs, but they're usually quite a bit more expensive ($30 or so for a 12-pack).

I usually pay about $25 for a box of 12.

My favorite flavors:

Apple Pie
Strawberry Cheesecake
Cinnamon Roll (although these vary wildly in texture between orders, some are super-chewy)

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
This is my 2nd full week using Quest bars to replace lunch (with a glass of milk). Seems to be going alright. Didn't drop any weight at all last week but I only got 3 workouts in and ate bad this weekend.

Had the almond crunch ones first, they were ok. Have more calories in them for a meal replacement though. Got the Apple Pie this week, better yet. Once you get past the odd consistency they are good.

I was spending about $15 a week on lunch before, so getting 2 weeks worth of Quest bars for $25 actually saved me a bit of money.

Bearthgar

Banned
I'm torn between p90x2 and trying out T-25. My wife and I went through P90x last spring, but I started my mba program in the fall and our workouts have become more intermittent, so to speak.

T-25 sounds great because of the shorter workouts, but I know I'll miss my boy Tony! I also hope there are enough strength exercises in t-25.

Typing it out, it definitely looks like the better option, but it'll be like saying bye to an old friend at this point.

Top Bottom