• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bear enjoying feast in kitchen while homeowners slept, later put down

PR_rambo

Banned
IFSt-kzcRFKSckqe7TMBXE_9p7Q=.gif

How do we know it wasn't job hunting?

Sulik2

How deep of a sleeper do you have to be to sleep through SIX FUCKING HOURS of a bear ransacking your kitchen?!

I sleep that deep. I fully expect to die in a house fire when I sleep through the fire alarm at some point in my life. It makes getting going in the morning a massive pain when you sleep that hard.

Dec

It would be so funny if it wasn't sad. I had to laugh when he opens the fridge. Then he comes over the camera and there's food all over his face.

RIP friend.

Romez

Probably super ignorant because I don't live in a place with animals like these but why do people live near where bears are?

You see things like this and pictures of bears in their back garden, which is basically the woods/a forest and I just don't get why anyone would live there.

MikeyB

Bears must be smarter than I thought.

I read an article a while back that suggested that bears have a concept of numbers and are smarter than dogs. Lemme look...

Here.

Probably super ignorant because I don't live in a place with animals like these but why do people live near where bears are?

You see things like this and pictures of bears in their back garden, which is basically the woods/a forest and I just don't get why anyone would live there.

There is economic opportunity, plus it is likely beautiful. Black bears are also pretty ubiquitous in large areas of North America. Your thinking would make huge chunks of it uninhabitable. See their range?

This map is incomplete, since there are definitely black bears on Vancouver Island. (Ran into one when jogging.) Cougars/mountain lions too! Every couple of years they would be found hanging out near playgrounds or someone would get attacked. Here is their range.

Fat Ana I also ate always the greatest, lol. Sucks it had to be put down, but it was only a matter of time before someone got hurt. It's clear this bear wasn't into berries and fish.

Because there is serenity in being away from the hustle and bustle of everything.

I ran into a bear in Kirkland walking home one night.

I wasn't trying to be racist or anything but I did cross the street to the other side to try and avoid him. I'm sorry, GAF.

It's a shame that bear had to be put down but really if bear learned how to get into houses it's only a matter of time before it kills someone incidentally. Relocating the bear deep into the wilderness somewhere might not help as it might have lost its ability to find food outside of a human habitat and would possibly die a slow death.

I live in Massachusetts, a residential neighborhood in a city, and there are black bears in the woods about a mile north-west of my house. Like any animals, they usually stay away from people.

Although last summer, a trail that I regularly walk my dog on was closed for a few weeks in the late spring because, apparently, it's bear mating season and there had been bear sightings that spring there and I guess bears can be aggressive to people during mating season.

*edit*

Also as I type this I'm in my backyard and a hawk just killed a squirrel and is ripping it to pieces as the thing is still living............

NATURE!

Top Bottom