• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Been going through World of Warcraft withdrawals since the Stress Test?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Well that made me want to end my life rather then finish it. Good. Fucking. God. Sometimes I hate the internet.

AeroGod

MrCheez said:
Been going through World of Warcraft withdrawals since the Stress Test?

No, because I got in beta. Mwahahahahha! Well sorta, my friend did so I can play whever I want. :D

But still
<------------------

Anyone?

Did they have the silly and flirt voice samples in stress test. Some of these are damn funny :lol

IJoel

A buddy got an extra key and gave it to me!

He r0x!

For those that are in, I recently created a Tauren Shaman on the PvP server named Doro.

AeroGod said:
No, because I got in beta. Mwahahahahha! Well sorta, my friend did so I can play whever I want. :D

But still
<------------------

Anyone?

Did they have the silly and flirt voice samples in stress test. Some of these are damn funny :lol

Does that mean you gave your friend head?

AeroGod

Yip! Im a dirty rotten traitor. I shouldnt say whenever I want, but every other day for at the very least an hour.

We got jipped off on the stress test. The intro videos for the races are hardcore.

Gotta love the voice samples too(paraphrased as best)

Human Male: "I got a great idea for a movie. Its about 2 gnomes who have an evil braclet of power and have to take it to the Cauldron of Fire in the Burning Steppes. Along the way they get tracked by a evil goblin named Gottom and the 9 Braclet Boogie Men. They eventually form the "brotherhood of the BRaclet" with some elfs, dwarfs and maybe a few humans. Of course it would be a 3 part movie. The First part, "Brotherhood of the Bracelet", the second "A couple of Towers", and the third "hey everyone, the king is back"

I fell out of my chair when I heard this last night. I left some stuff out because I cant remember, it was hilarious though.

And no CP, didnt give my friend head. But if you ever get tired of WoW Im ready, willing, and able.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Zilch said:
Horribly unfunny.

Bahhh you people are too uptight or something! We've all seen the real Eternal Sunshine trailer right?

Oh well, I was amused by it at least. ;_;

Edit: I bet you just don't find it funny because you can't feel my PAIN! >_<

MrCheez

AeroGod said:
Yip! Im a dirty rotten traitor. I shoudlnt say whenever I want, but every other day for at the very least an hour I should say.

We got jipped off on the stress test. The intro videos for the races are hardcore.

Gotta love the voice samples too(paraphrased as best)

<quote>

I fell out of my chair when I heard this last night. I left some stuff out because I cant remember, it was hilarious though.

Yeah, I found some post on the official WoW forums of some guy who typed out every single new voice sample. :D Good stuff. I heard the NPCs talk too now? What kind of stuff do they say?

And what are the intro videos like??

AeroGod

MrCheez said:
And what are the intro videos like??

Well, I like them. Basically just a voice over for the race background while a camera pans around the starting area of your race and eventually lands on you at the end. Its cool.

Anyway, I haven't even logged on the last few days because of the rogue changes.

1. Stealth is screwed beyond belief. Even worse when dealing with PVP. Any player can see us from a mile away... Even with talents points put into stealth.

2. Our talent trees are fucked beyond belief. All weapon specializations are at the end of the combat tree, so if you're asssination or sublety you'll never be able to reach them.

3. Stealth got gimped so we can't re-enter during combat... Meaning we can't use at least half of the moves we depend on during combat, because they all require you to be stealthed.

4. Fucking warriors outdamage us.

5. Ontop of #4, they severley downgraded the damage ratios on daggers, which already sucked compared to maces and swords in the first place.

Bah, last patch really erked me.

AeroGod

Cerebral Palsy said:
Anyway, I haven't even logged on the last few days because of the rogue changes.

1. Stealth is screwed beyond belief. Even worse when dealing with PVP. Any player can see us from a mile away... Even with talents points put into stealth.

2. Our talent trees are fucked beyond belief. All weapon specializations are at the end of the combat tree, so if you're asssination or sublety you'll never be able to reach them.

3. Stealth got gimped so we can't re-enter during combat... Meaning we can't use at least half of the moves we depend on during combat, because they all require you to be stealthed.

4. Fucking warriors outdamage us.

5. Ontop of #4, they severley downgraded the damage ratios on daggers, which already sucked compared to maces and swords in the first place.

Bah, last patch really erked me.

Fucking give it to me then. I can do you a...favor *puts on lip stick*

MrCheez

Yeah, I've been checking the WoW forums multiple times a day (because I'm obsessed =P ) and have been reading about those rogue changes. =/ It sucks to hear because Rogue was my favorite class in ST and the one I decided I wanted to play in retail.

Whats even worse is the various posters on those forums (usually mages for some reason) who seem to be throwing a party over the nerf. Their whole argument is "Rogues just gank!!! It's not fair for us to not be able to see you, nerf Stealth!!!" But what they don't understand... is that for a Rogue, stealth isn't just one ability. It's a class-defining skill that is required for a very good number of our other abilities. You can't just tone it down without entirely affecting how the class functions. =/ And not to mention stealth wasn't even the only Rogue nerf.

Hopefully they'll fix it. :(

1) Warriors are horribly overpowered ATM. Sweet Jeebus. They destroy everything and never die. Kinda like my mage 2 pushes ago =)

2) Rogue stealth isn't what made them ganking machines. It's the fact that they can stun you for a billion years and then eviscerate you so that your freaking guildmates die too, they do such silly burst damage. Sorta like my mage 2 pushes ago =)

Hopefully stealth gets fixed. It's pretty lame that it doesn't work in PvP for crap. And the whole in-combat/out-of-combat thing has issues.

MrCheez said:
Yeah, I've been checking the WoW forums multiple times a day (because I'm obsessed =P ) and have been reading about those rogue changes. =/ It sucks to hear because Rogue was my favorite class in ST and the one I decided I wanted to play in retail.

Whats even worse is the various posters on those forums (usually mages for some reason) who seem to be throwing a party over the nerf. Their whole argument is "Rogues just gank!!! It's not fair for us to not be able to see you, nerf Stealth!!!" But what they don't understand... is that for a Rogue, stealth isn't just one ability. It's a class-defining skill that is required for a very good number of our other abilities. You can't just tone it down without entirely affecting how the class functions. =/ And not to mention stealth wasn't even the only Rogue nerf.

Hopefully they'll fix it. :(

Yar. Without stealth we're a warrior who has lower AC, lower HP, that can't use half of their combat abilities during combat, and don't do as much damage. In pvp rogues depend on getting the first attack in if they have any chance of winning... =/ The changes really sucked. I hope they get the rogue problems worked out, but I'm losing faith in the designer who is working on them.

Mages are just crying because their unreal, I'll gank you from 30 yards away without you ever seeing me, invis was removed form the game so it could be tweaked. Hell, their invis spell was better than stealth has ever been. Minus the majorly unbalanced warriors, mages are the most godly class in the game, despite recent downgrades they have received. They have nothing to complain about at all. They're just mad because they can't play with god mode on anymore.

Cerebral Palsy said:
Mages are just crying because their unreal, I'll gank you from 30 yards away without you ever seeing me, invis was removed form the game so it could be tweaked. Hell, their invis spell was better than stealth has ever been. Minus the majorly unbalanced warriors, mages are the most godly class in the game, despite recent downgrades they have received. They have nothing to complain about at all. They're just mad because they can't play with god mode on anymore.

Not true. I'm not gonna argue that magi didn't own back before pyro got beaten by everyone's favorite stick, invis got removed, and frost nova was on a 15-sec (i think) timer. We did, no question. These days, though, we're pretty close to in line with the other classes. Don't bitch about mage damage until you've played one, and understand just how fragile we are - waaaaaaaaaay worse than a priest OR warlock. FN is our only defense, and it's only useful now for a panic button, since the recycle is so long. Don't get me wrong, I don't think we're gimped (like some of the whiners on the mage forum) - I just think we're pretty balanced. Plus, it's damn hard to keep your damage output up in long fights -- the 5-second mana regen rule hit us just as hard as priests.

MrCheez

I think instead of continually choosing classes to nerf to bring them in-line with various other classes... they should just BEEF everyone up to the same level of uberness. ;) Feeling like you're uber is FUN and does nothing but make you want to play more, IMO.

Although every class should be uber in a different way, because feeling unique is important. Class-defining abilities and traits need to be useful and powerful. It's not the aspect of a class that should be toned down.

The rogue issue is a little depressing. I hope they realize that the way things are now are just plain unfair.

Jeez, this thread is fucking depressing. It seems anyone (except for myself and Mr. Cheez) who has been following the game for years (10? 11?) has succeeded in getting into Closed Beta.

I took comfort in the fact that other WoW fans like Aero and Cerebral on this board were left out phase after phase, and push after push. I do realize that sounds evil, but it is nonetheless true.

I'm happy for ya guys though, have fun. Cheers!

*takes another shot o' whiskey to numb withdrawal pains*

Even if i were offered a beta slot this late in the game -with the upcoming launch in November (hopefully)- I'd probably turn it down as I would want any post-lvl15 content to be new and feel fresh in Retail.

adrockthekid said:
Not true. I'm not gonna argue that magi didn't own back before pyro got beaten by everyone's favorite stick, invis got removed, and frost nova was on a 15-sec (i think) timer. We did, no question. These days, though, we're pretty close to in line with the other classes. Don't bitch about mage damage until you've played one, and understand just how fragile we are - waaaaaaaaaay worse than a priest OR warlock. FN is our only defense, and it's only useful now for a panic button, since the recycle is so long. Don't get me wrong, I don't think we're gimped (like some of the whiners on the mage forum) - I just think we're pretty balanced. Plus, it's damn hard to keep your damage output up in long fights -- the 5-second mana regen rule hit us just as hard as priests.

No reason to defend your class. I'm not bitching about mages. I think they're perfectly fine now. But they are still a very powerful class, and mage players have no valid reasons to complain at all. I get sick of all the mages laughing up the rogue changes on the forums.

FYI, my friend plays an equal level mage. He kills mobs at least 50% faster than I can, and gets to do it from a distance. It isn't that mages are overpowered, it's the fact that rogues suck balls since the last patch. Areas that should have never been toned down were beaten beyond belief with the nerf bat. Yeah, our stun capabilities needed some tweaks, but what they did to the class was uncalled for.

Sal Paradise Jr said:
Jeez, this thread is fucking depressing. It seems anyone (except for myself and Mr. Cheez) who has been following the game for years (10? 11?) has succeeded in getting into Closed Beta.

I took comfort in the fact that other WoW fans like Aero and Cerebral on this board were left out phase after phase, and push after push. I do realize that sounds evil, but it is nonetheless true.

Even if i were offered a beta slot this late in the game -with the upcoming launch in November (hopefully)- I'd probably turn it down as I would want any post-lvl15 content to be new and feel fresh in Retail.

Full pvp system isn't even in the game yet, and some of the classes need major tweaking. The level cap was recently raised to 60, and they are still adding the high level zones to the game, which from what I have read, are lacking quest content and need major itemization tweaks. Druids and Shamans just barely got their talent trees put in, and Necromancers and Hunters (I believe hunters don't have them yet. Never played one myself) don't even have them yet. While the first 40 levels are extremely polished with an insane amount of quests and content available, the endgame doesn't seem totally ready yet. They just barely added a bare bones raid group functionality last patch also... I'd be really suprised if the game ships in November. Who knows though. Maybe this next month will be extremely productive, and they'll get it out.

MrCheez

It better freaking come out in November, or I'm going to go crazy. @_@

Seriously, I don't think there is any excuse for it to NOT come out at that time. Like you said, they just need to be productive as hell. The thing is... this is an MMO. Things can always be patched in later. Of course I want a complete and polished product... but when the game comes out the vast majority of us won't be high enough to experience end-game content for a few additional weeks anyway.

Not me. I was happy it ended, it was like being on coke! :) I got enough of a sampling and if I want to see anymore of it, I'll check it out when my friend gets the full version.

Sal Paradise Jr said:

I got in and aside from signing up for the beta back in march (With an email that I tossed before they sent invites) I haven't kept up worth shit before someone posted a link to ST here. Yays.

Anyways, ya'll should be HAPPY that you aren't still playing. It's too damn addicting and it ruins everything. I let my friends play and then minutes later I'm getting pissed off because I'm wasting time I could be playing. I thought this would be done when I got out of ST, but NO. Also, the instances that aren't WC fucking rock. Non random idiot chat made parties are so awesome. I just went through Gnomeregan yesterday in about an hour and it was bliss. Even totally wiping against the first name and having to start completely over was fun. Which is very good news, because instances we're a fucking nightmare for me in the ST.

Also, I ended the ST with -56000/56000 xp. Thats negative a level. I ignored my char for a while, came back to it yesterday and had over 80k in rested xp and got to lvl 45 in about 7 hours. Go me.

Top Bottom