• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

Hello my fellow craft beer enthusiasts, I'm going to NorCal and Portland at the end of the month, and I have a pretty extensive list of Breweries we are going to be visiting (hoping to distribute as well) and I want to ask if there's any you can also recommend me?

So far we have:

DeGarde Brewing
Russian River
Mikeller Bar
Cascade
Hair of the Dog
Deschutes
Almanac

Well you get the picture. We will be touring for about a week so we want to get a lot going. Any suggestions would be fantastic. Thanks guys.

I don't think you can tour Almanac. I'd hit up The Rare Barrel instead.

If you're going that out of the way for De Garde, you need to do the same for Logsdons. I was there last week and it's a great experience.

While in Portland, also hit up The Commons and Upright. Drink as much Boneyard and Barley Browns as you can find.

Don't bother with Deschutes. Blah. Besides, the brewery is in Bend anyway.

Doomsayer

I can get all that stuff easily (except for Upland sours which are brewery only releases which require you to win an online lottery).

I actually entered this time as well! Too bad I'm in Cali, lol.

Really? Interesting. I knew I left Rare Barrel off my list - I had a few of their beers at the Bruery's Sucre this year. Fantastic stuff.

If you're going that out of the way for De Garde, you need to do the same for Logsdons. I was there last week and it's a great experience.

While in Portland, also hit up The Commons and Upright. Drink as much Boneyard and Barley Browns as you can find.

Don't bother with Deschutes. Blah. Besides, the brewery is in Bend anyway.

Ahh, Logsdons, another one I left off. I'll make sure to check out Commons and Upright as well.

Deschutes is okay, I really just like the Abyss. Maybe we will skip them.

Old Town Pizza in Portland had great beer and pizza IMO. Also enjoyed Rogue beers... dat hazelnut. :eek:

The Hazelnut is good, but it reminds me too much of my ex girlfriend. Fuck her.

2wooks1pup

Neo Member
Old Town Pizza in Portland had great beer and pizza IMO. Also enjoyed Rogue beers... dat hazelnut. :eek:

There is no good Pizza west of State College in Pennsylvania. That stuff the call in Chicago isn't pizza. West Coast pizza sucks. Eating pizza out west (lived there for 5 years) is like being at your favorite microbrewery but them telling you that you can only take Budweiser.

Interfectum

There is no good Pizza west of State College in Pennsylvania. That stuff the call in Chicago isn't pizza. West Coast pizza sucks. Eating pizza out west (lived there for 5 years) is like being at your favorite microbrewery but them telling you that you can only take Budweiser.

I live in South Carolina. I know what good BBQ is but pizza quality is so all over the place I don't know what's good or bad so it was fine for me.

2wooks1pup

Neo Member
I live in South Carolina. I know what good BBQ is but pizza quality is so all over the place I don't know what's good or bad so it was fine for me.

Fair enough. I live in the North East (went to Penn State hence the State College reference) and we take pizza and bagels serious like you do your BBQ (I'm not going to start the TX, TN, NC discussion though) and know exactly what you mean.

As for the question above, I'm jealous that you're going to be going to RR. So hard to that here on the east coast. Pliney the Elder and Younger are so tough to get but it's nice being able to get to VT for the Heady Topper, Lawsons Finest Liquids, and Hill Farmstead.

Ahh, Logsdons, another one I left off. I'll make sure to check out Commons and Upright as well.

Logsdons is about 90 minutes outside of Portland (complete opposite direction of De Garde, which is 2 hours from Portland on the coast), but totally worth it. If you're really up for driving like a madman, you should go to Block 15 in Corvalis. About an hour South of Portland on I-5.

Hell, you should also go to Bend. Crux, Boneyard, Ale Apothecary, etc.

Milchjon

Clickhole presents 11 craft brews you need to check out during the summer.

And for those that don't know, Clickhole is a sister site of The Onion, where they mock Buzzfeed.

"Fuck It, Sriracha Pilsner: The technology is there, and the people calling the shots at New Glarus Brewing Co. are long past the point of caring what you think."

Haha.

Also, got Yin and Yang from Evil Twin. Sounds like a fun concept, I'm always up for gimmicks. Hoping that mix ends up being a nice CDA thingy.

I may have just made a mistake. Couple of Goose Island sours at a liquid store here in Colorado (Lolita and Juliet) and I balked at the $20 and $25 price tags and didn't pick either up. I should probably go back before they sell out.

t-ramp

I may have just made a mistake. Couple of Goose Island sours at a liquid store here in Colorado (Lolita and Juliet) and I balked at the $20 and $25 price tags and didn't pick either up. I should probably go back before they sell out.
Didn't those come out several months ago? Unless they only had a couple of each left, I don't think those beers fly off the shelf that quick. Even Madam Rose stuck around longer than I expected, but a $30 price tag will do that, I suppose.

I had a Crooked Stave Hop Savant last night. Very good. It was from the batch hopped with Centennial and Simcoe.

8b01Apj.jpg

Didn't those come out several months ago? Unless they only had a couple of each left, I don't think those beers fly off the shelf that quick. Even Madam Rose stuck around longer than I expected, but a $30 price tag will do that, I suppose.

I had a Crooked Stave Hop Savant last night. Very good. It was from the batch hopped with Centennial and Simcoe.

I have no idea when they came out, but its the only time I've seen Goose Island anything at a liquor store in Denver.

t-ramp

I have no idea when they came out, but its the only time I've seen Goose Island anything at a liquor store in Denver.
Oh, that's cool then. I haven't had any of their sours due to the price, but they're probably worth it. I wonder how much more Bourbon County they've got barreled for this year's release...

bowery

so i just tried the liendemans gueuze and i didnt expect it at all to be this good, its really really good, and 13 bucks for a 750 ml awesome price. i would put it a little notch lower than the cantillon classic and at an equal footing with the tilquin.
if youre in nyc whole foods houston has tilquin 2014 gueuze, a lot of them, in stock

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Rare Barrel is only open on Fridays and Saturdays but definitely worth visiting if that ends up working out. They usually have a great Socal tap selection too, often a Societe or Beachwood beer on.

Ok, PNW-GAF, I'll be in Seattle for two weeks starting tomorrow. Recommend me some beers/breweries. I'm coming from Florida, so I'm expecting quite a few things I usually can't get a hold .

Local area breweries:
Fremont Brewing
Reuben's Brews
Black Raven (across the lake in Redmond)

We have a million breweries, but those are my top three.

Also hit up Brouwers Cafe, Bottleworks, Noble Fir, Burgundian, Uber Tavern, Sixgill, Latona Pub, Beer Junction, Pine Box, Beveridge Place Pub.

Other breweries to seek out in bars or on tap: Boneyard (draft only), Barley Browns (draft), Chuckanut (draft), Bale Breaker (draft and cans), Commons, Upright, Logsdons, Hair of the Dog.

I'll be gone this weekend, but back in Seattle on Monday if you want to meet up for a beer.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Local area breweries:
Fremont Brewing
Reuben's Brews
Black Raven (across the lake in Redmond)

We have a million breweries, but those are my top three.

Also hit up Brouwers Cafe, Bottleworks, Noble Fir, Burgundian, Uber Tavern, Sixgill, Latona Pub, Beer Junction, Pine Box, Beveridge Place Pub.

Other breweries to seek out in bars or on tap: Boneyard (draft only), Barley Browns (draft), Chuckanut (draft), Bale Breaker (draft and cans), Commons, Upright, Logsdons, Hair of the Dog.

I'll be gone this weekend, but back in Seattle on Monday if you want to meet up for a beer.
Thanks, man. I'll be sure to check these out. I'm out there for my brother's wedding, so I'm not sure what my schedule will be like. I'll PM you next week if I'm free to grab a drink.

Doomsayer

I can get all that stuff easily (except for Upland sours which are brewery only releases which require you to win an online lottery).

Speaking of which, the notices go out tomorrow to the lottery winners. This is my first time entering, but I have had luck getting a few after the lottery is over. The Bloomington location has them in stock occasionally.

So I won the Sour Lottery from Upland... only problem is I'm in CA.

If I give one of you guys the cash would we be able to work something out? I can send a CA care package. :)

ink4n3

So I won the Sour Lottery from Upland... only problem is I'm in CA.

If I give one of you guys the cash would we be able to work something out? I can send a CA care package. :)

I think your ID has to match the winners name...

Edit: Nevermind, but you do need a copy of the winners ID.

Seth C

Damn. Nice list, and cheap prices too. If that is what that is.

Yup. Prices on the far right. They also have about 16 taps of their own beers starting at $3. I'm having Cliff Jumper, their 7% IPA - $4 a pint. Also enjoying a Philly from a local food truck.

Wanted to slow down before hittin' that lil' sumpin'.

XWU6sVc.jpg

t-ramp

Just picked up a Prairie Bomb!, which I've been wanting to try for awhile. $11 for a 12oz bottle kind of sucks, though.

Also grabbed a Rochefort 6 (I've had the 8 and 10) as well as a 4-pack of Bigfoot.

Grabbed a Stone mixed 12 pack and Clown Shoes Space Cake last night. Just went to the store to get one of the last Southern Tier Mokah bottles they had left.

Kicking back with a Six Point Resin as we speak. Life is good brahs.

Had that a few months ago, really good...reminds me of a lighter Dogfish 120. Trying out Stone Go-To-IPA tomorrow. Hope it's good-- a "session" IPA at 4.9% ABV.

Also, anyone near St. Pete, FL-- check out Green Bench Brewery. Smaller brewery that is winning international awards and shit.

Everyone needs to post what they're drinking today Stat, What a perfect day for a cold brew.

Going light today-- Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.
And in-laws bought Mike's Hard Lemonade Lite... shudder.

Tomorrow is a biggie-- Stone Go-to-IPA, Sweetwater 420, and my friend is bringing over growlers of Green Bench IPA. Gonna be a glorious day.

PG2G

Today's haul (a few bottles through trades)

The night stalker is a 2012. From BA it sounds like GI changed distributers so the old distributed has been dumping shit into channels.

LA-BeerGAF needs a tasting group lol

Top Bottom