• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

Anything noteworthy on Let's Pour? Never used it and the current selection isn't too tempting.

I did finally find a sixer of cans of Anderson Valley's Gose today. Not as good as Westbrook's IMO but still tart and refreshing and I'm the last person to complain about an affordable sour in six packs. Hopefully it'll stick around so I can buy enough during the summer to bathe in.

PG2G

I think people have been buying up remaining stock. They used to consistently have stuff like jai alai. Mostly shelf locals

I'm doing a super quick day trip up to British Columbia next Wednesday to visit Central City and Four Winds. Lunch, some taster trays and then bottles and growlers to bring home.

Cr0wn0

Kinda a bummer about lets pour for me anyway. I've used it to buy pumking the last two years. When you did 6 bottles and got the free shipping it was kinda worth it. I think each bottle was like $3 more then I could find it in stores. Anyone know any alternatives? We recently got founders and it's been flying off the shelves, I'm hoping Southern tier will take notice haha.

Ugh I was planning on hitting up one of my favorite spots for a pre-movie beer tonight especially since I thought they still had Alpine's Hoppy Birthday on but it turns out today is a Rogue Tap Takeover. Like really? Who still cares about Rogue in this day and age?

Milchjon

I've totally lost track of who's who on Untappd. Got like 10 of you among my friends and can only match about half of you to your GAF accounts :D

Milchjon

Oh, I'm aware of who you are of course ;-) PG2G too, I think.

I'm jealous of that Maine Beer Company bottle, BTW. Finally got to try a glass of Allagash White, and the next Maine trip's gonna include several breweries for sure.

codhand

untappd: braugan

yeah i can never remember either, but you all have excellent taste

Rogue Brewery is cool, i went crabbing off the docks there two years ago after eating some tasty kobe beef sliders, they still make some good brews even if the luster is gone.

My checkins next week are gonna be awesome.

Wednesday: Central City and Four Winds
Thursday: Hair of the Dog, Cascade, Pfriem, Logsdons
Friday: Crux, Boneyard, 10 Barrel, Ale Apothecary, Silver Moon
Saturday: more Crux
Sunday: Gigantic, Upright, The Commons

moar liek enjoy by Steam Summer sale:

TB2SnM5.jpg

BTW, anyone on Untappd add me: ramo200

I'm on a business trip in Tampa for the week and it looks like Cigar City is not far from my hotel. Any recommendations on their stuff?

Anything hoppy (my memory from GABF). I had a couple of their beers at Bonnaroo and they both were tasty. If they have any of their version of the New Belgium/Cigar City collaboration, I'd definitely enjoy that if I were you. The batch brewed at New Belgium was amazing.

Everything. Try everything.

Anything hoppy (my memory from GABF). I had a couple of their beers at Bonnaroo and they both were tasty. If they have any of their version of the New Belgium/Cigar City collaboration, I'd definitely enjoy that if I were you. The batch brewed at New Belgium was amazing.

Excellent, I'll do my best to try a lot. I haven't had any of their stuff so I'm looking forward to it.

bowery

had prairie bomb! on tap today at owl farm in brooklyn, absolutely delicious and led me into buying a bottle of their saison....prairie is really an amazing brewery glad i had the chance to try it

Milchjon

Looks like episodes of Brew Dogs can finally be watched from outside the US (link).

Is there any redeeming quality to them (apart from the awesome dialect)? Any episodes in particular that I should check out?

Milchjon

The Portland and Seattle episodes were actually fun to watch.

I'm watching Denver and it's enjoyable enough.

Unrelated, but has anyone had this beer?

It's 20 bucks, and it wouldn't be really all that fresh. But I just learned that it's done by/in collaboration with Hill Farmstead, and this might literally be my only chance at trying one of their beers in the foreseeable future.

So, would it be worth it? How well do saisons hold up over time?

Germans don't care about saisons at all. even the more "progressive" beer drinkers. Got this for my birthday, though:

prairie_artisan_ales_belgian_style_saison_ale_750_ml_1.png

I very much enjoyed the Prairie Hop, and I hope this one's good as well.

Saisons age well.

Arctic Saison is really nice. Actually made at Anchorage Brewing in Alaska with the assistance of Shawn Hill. I had the first batch last October. There is a new batch floating around now.

The only actual HF beer I've had was the Society and Solitude IIPA. I had it alongside Heady Topper and Lawson's Double Sunshine. Pretty damn good .

Milchjon

Saisons age well.

Arctic Saison is really nice. Actually made at Anchorage Brewing in Alaska with the assistance of Shawn Hill. I had the first batch last October. There is a new batch floating around now.

The only actual HF beer I've had was the Society and Solitude IIPA. I had it alongside Heady Topper and Lawson's Double Sunshine. Pretty damn good .

Must be last year's batch. Been like lead in our shelves. The only bottle I've ever seen bought was by our American brewmaster :-D

Askani

I just had my first Radler yesterday and it was fantastic. Boulevard is doing a Ginger Lemon Radler based on it's Unfiltered Wheat in it's tasting room series. It's an excellent summer beer, light and crisp and super refreshing.

bowery

I've had arctic saison from the brewery, 11$, Arthur was waaaaaay better at 8$. To date I've never had a better saison or beer than HF Arthur. Can't wait to head back to vermont in August.

In Miami for the week and went to Total Wine. Such a crazy selection and asked someone to help me out with beer. Ended up leaving with these

lNYr0XVm.jpg

From the ones i've tried, the Sierra Nevada, cigar city are awesome. Didnt like the Dogfish
Head Tweason Ale but the 60 minute and Namaste (not shown) were good.

overcast

Beer amateur here (turned 21 last month). Visited Portland and Seattle and had many many beers. Think I prefer IPA's and dark beers seemingly. Only wrote down two names unfortunately, but I remeber loving the Cash Stout and Irish Death.

Not completely positive how much I love IPA's, but it seems that way, lol. I am sure stouts were always tasty.

pxleyes

Banned
Beer amateur here (turned 21 last month). Visited Portland and Seattle and had many many beers. Think I prefer IPA's and dark beers seemingly. Only wrote down two names unfortunately, but I remeber loving the Cash Stout and Irish Death.

Not completely positive how much I love IPA's, but it seems that way, lol. I am sure stouts were always tasty.

Take your time, but do write down what you like and 'why'. Makes it easier to provide suggestions based on flavor profiles and styles.

Ugh I'm so jealous, really gotta hit up Oregon/Seattle since I was 19 last time I was up there.

PG2G, did you go to Stone Sour Fest? How was it?

PG2G

Ugh I'm so jealous, really gotta hit up Oregon/Seattle since I was 19 last time I was up there.

PG2G, did you go to Stone Sour Fest? How was it?

Yeah, mcfrank and I were there. It was a good time, lots of great beers. Did get kind of soured out about midway through, so its good that there were some non-sours around at bottle shares and what not.

Top Bottom