• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

Saw the Beer Camp box in Portland. Was it a mistake not to grab one? Are the beers rare or just hard to grab in certain states?

It had 3 Floyds Pale Ale, but I'm assuming that wasn't Zombie Dust...

Also tasted some sours at Cascade. Great stuff, especially the Apricot and Noir but I'm content sampling and not paying those ridiculous prices.

Pick up some 3-Way IPA while you're in Oregon.

The Beer Camp stuff is fine, but it all seems kinda safe. Makes sense seeing how widespread they're distributing it. Tons at my neighborhood Safeway, Whole Foods and PCC.

mcfrank

The Beer Camp stuff is fine, but it all seems kinda safe. Makes sense seeing how widespread they're distributing it. Tons at my neighborhood Safeway, Whole Foods and PCC.

For sure it is nothing earth shattering, but it would be hard to find a better pre packaged variety pack.

fijim

Banned
Some of the beers in the Beer Camp pack were bottled in early May. Any of the pale ales should probably be consumed right away.

Some of the beers in the Beer Camp pack were bottled in early May. Any of the pale ales should probably be consumed right away.

The FFF pale was May 15, some of the darker guys were late May but all the other beers that could potentially be hop constrained were early June. Aside from the Chico King, nothing too iffy on a big national roll out.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
picked this up this afternoon, mainly for the attractive painted bottle to add to the collection. i've had a few brews from eel river, but nothing has really stood out as something to return to.
Emerald-Triangle-533x600.jpg

but this was very nice! a great, hoppy IPA.

and speaking of SN beer camp, i'll likely be going to the chico event. fun times

Socreges

Banned
Damn. Thought some were $20 at the brewery, but that might have been the others.

For San Diego, if I could only visit one brewery: Green Flash, Stone, or the Lost Abbey? What do you guys think?

Would Stone still have 'Enjoy By' or would it be in stores anywhere?

mcfrank

Damn. Thought some were $20 at the brewery, but that might have been the others.

For San Diego, if I could only visit one brewery: Green Flash, Stone, or the Lost Abbey? What do you guys think?

Would Stone still have 'Enjoy By' or would it be in stores anywhere?

Depends what type of beer you like. If you are a sour person Lost Abbey is best on that list. It would be pretty easy to do Stone and Lost Abbey in 1 trip. They are only 5 minutes apart.

Seth C

Hey, all of my beer drinking pals in the Chicago-land area. My good friends at Country Boy Brewing are participating in a tap takeover at Pony Inn on July 26. I wish they were bringing some of their more wild beers (like Blue Spruce, Heart of Dankness, or Shotgun Wedding) but still, you should check it out. I might even show up.

10405558_10100958575863563_5964073146604887955_n.jpg

Socreges

Banned
Could you guys please stop disagreeing with each other? I require consensus!

On another note, I made it to Russian River yesterday. Grabbed Pliny (x4), Sanctification, Blind Pig, Supplication and Consecration. :D We had Pliny and Compunction on tap, too.

I think my expectations of Pliny were unrealistic. I expected something unique but of course it's just a really great DIPA; in fact, a lot like Fat Tug. And I preferred it to Fat Tug, which is high praise.

Compunction was really good. Got me excited for the other sours.

So my nearest store just got w00tstout 2.0 in but it's selling it for $13.99 and I remember the last batch being significantly cheaper. Did Stone raise the price this time around?

So my nearest store just got w00tstout 2.0 in but it's selling it for $13.99 and I remember the last batch being significantly cheaper. Did Stone raise the price this time around?

It wouldn't shock me. Imperial Stout went from $6.99 last year to $8.99 around here. Praying w00tstout 2.0 isnt that much. But I am buying a bunch whenever it shows up.

Ron Mexico

Managed to snag 2 cases of Zombie Dust from 3 floyds after landing in Chicago. All I can say is wow. Coming from the Philly area, we're blessed with what's available,but this is just...special.

Also managed to grab a mixed-6 of New Glarus and a couple bombers. The Wisconsin Belgium Red was definitely the most unique this far. Big, powerful cherry with something that was almost like clove on the back end. More interesting than good and damn good in its own right.

Only disappointment thus far had been Surly. Tried both their Hell and Coffee Bender. Not overly impressed with either.

Still going to be in Minnesota until Saturday so trying to experiment even more.

t-ramp

Yeah http://instagram.com/p/qb_gwVlkDI/

I'm pretty surprised by the limited distribution. I mean if they could inflict Crime and Punishment on people nationwide you'd think this could at least have made it to all of California, even.
On that note, there was at least one bottle of Crime left at Hy-Vee here when I stopped in yesterday. Crazy.

I like Stone, and it's cool to get new special releases from them so regularly, but it would be awesome if their most interesting stuff actually made it into wide distribution. It would also be nice if they made IRS a year-round brew, considering they don't put out stouts that often that I'm aware of. I feel like it would sell really well in 4-packs too if the price was good.

I am very sensitive to alcohol. Every time I drink them, I usually end up with a headache within an hour. One can of beer, such as Cooks, will hurt my brain.

I also don't like the taste of alcohol.

What are my options to drinking casually?

On that note, there was at least one bottle of Crime left at Hy-Vee here when I stopped in yesterday. Crazy.

I like Stone, and it's cool to get new special releases from them so regularly, but it would be awesome if their most interesting stuff actually made it into wide distribution. It would also be nice if they made IRS a year-round brew, considering they don't put out stouts that often that I'm aware of. I feel like it would sell really well in 4-packs too if the price was good.
Here, here. If they put IRS in a four pack and priced it like Ruination, I probably wouldn't buy much else.

And since I can't get w00tstout here in CT, I got another RuinTen. Better enjoy it while it's here.

Nothing wrong with Stone, but I'm not enamoured with them. Not really beers I feel like I have to go out and buy. Nice to see them branching out with a packaged saison, though.

If you're in OR or WA, Breakside's Passionfruit Berlinerweisse is killer.

I am very sensitive to alcohol. Every time I drink them, I usually end up with a headache within an hour. One can of beer, such as Cooks, will hurt my brain.

I also don't like the taste of alcohol.

What are my options to drinking casually?

No one said you had to drink. Maybe you really shouldn't if that's the effect after even a super loan ABV beer.

PG2G

I'm still looking forward to getting Stone's Coffee Milk Stout which is replacing Saison as their offering this season.

I'm still looking forward to getting Stone's Coffee Milk Stout which is replacing Saison as their offering this season.

Whaaaaaa!? A coffee stout!? I must know more. Missing Espresso Imperial Stout this year hurts, but this will make it so much better.

EDIT: Looked it up. Only 4.2% ABV? What is this Mickey Mouse bullshit?!
At the same time, if it tastes great, that is the most important part.

Top Bottom