• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bees?! Truck containing 17 million bees crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tntnnbltn

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/one-person-dead-as-truck-carrying-17-million-bees-crashes/story-e6frfku0-1225871099235 said:
RESCUE crews used fire hoses to douse an angry swarm of bees after a fatal crash that involved a semitrailer carrying about 17 million of the insects.

Authorities say a truck hauling 7000 bee hives was involved in the four-vehicle crash on Interstate 35 near Lakeville, about 56km south of Minneapolis.

Minnesota State Patrol spokesman Lt Eric Roeske says one person died and another person was airlifted to a hospital

The hives housed roughly 17 million bees and were bound for Bauer Honey in northwestern Minnesota.

It's unclear how many bees got loose, but several emergency workers were stung. Crews tried to use fire hoses to get them to fly away.

2zxr3f5.jpg

17 million bees? Stacked on the back of a truck and covered with a cloth? Who thought this was a good idea?! Dunno about the rest of you, but I'm sure not on board.

(A few days old. Searched last 15 pages of Off-Topic for "bee" in titles but didn't find anything)

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
beads? thats weord

Kackro

Neo Member
Beware of the killer beads when you go outside today. You may be one of the possible 17 million unlucky people to step on them and fall on your ass. Oh, and beware of bees too, I guess.

sarcastor

that would really suck if i just rear-ended a giant truck and survived, with some lacerations and minor bleeding, only to be attacked by 17 MILLION FUCKING BEES.

Well, with the bee population decreasing because of colony collapse disorder, a few million more bees in the wild might do a bit of good.

And :lol at the AD. Always happens when bees are involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom