• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez file for divorce.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Ben shouldve never left Jennifer Garner. She's a real woman.

Lopez was always a bimbo.

But Ben himself is a prick who didnt realize how good he had it and chases these toxic bitches so he has no one but himself to blame. All these men think they are miserable becuase they are in unhappy marriages but then they get divorced, fuck around or remarry and are still miserable. Maybe realize that every man is miserable in every marriage but people stick it out because the grass is almost never greener on the other side. divorce rate for second marriages is much higher.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I don't think so, personally. I don't see why he'd benefit from it, it would likely open the door to more analysing and criticism, if I had to bet, he'd almost certainly not come across in a way that listeners would respond to favourably, etc. etc. It'd probably harm his position as an A-list Actor, most of whom studiously avoid saying *anything* divisive.
True, forgot about how he panicked when that ancestor show revealed he had some great great granddaddies that owned slaves.

Still, if he has any kind of good personality, a podcast can really warm folks to you. Not that we need that many more, maybe he can just go on Joe Rogan a few times and talk about DMT, UFOs, and bigfoot :p

Hrk69

Gold Member
This was their fourth marriage
Ben Affleck Batman GIF

Ben affleck, one of the greatest batmans ever.
A long time ago I got mentioned in an article:

It wasn't really my goal to make it look better, I just wanted to make something cool

Last edited:

NecrosaroIII

Ultimate DQ Fan
True, forgot about how he panicked when that ancestor show revealed he had some great great granddaddies that owned slaves.

Still, if he has any kind of good personality, a podcast can really warm folks to you. Not that we need that many more, maybe he can just go on Joe Rogan a few times and talk about DMT, UFOs, and bigfoot :p
My wife did some ancestry work on me for fun. Turns out my first ancestor to America owned a farm in Jamestown. Owned 9 slaves.

It fucking happens. No point being emo over some shit that happened 400 years ago.

jason10mm

Gold Member
My wife did some ancestry work on me for fun. Turns out my first ancestor to America owned a farm in Jamestown. Owned 9 slaves.

It fucking happens. No point being emo over some shit that happened 400 years ago.
I agree with you, but virtue signalling means you gotta be pure as the driven snow first. Those early days of the victim pyramid had the folks "at the top" doing all sorts of mental gymnastics to try to claw lower down and shift sights off themselves.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
On your worst day, just remember that Ben tapped JLo's ass numerous times, has more money than you could ever imagine, and is still miserable.

You're fucked.

I’m happy as fuck, thanks.

Partly because I didn’t fuck my chance to be Batman by hitching my wagon to Zack Snyder’s horseshittery.

Affleck has a terrible taste in women and scripts.

Last edited:

Aesius

His babysitter was hot as fuck too.

Here she is wearing tom brady's super bowl rings on his private jet where both Ben and Tom likely took turns passing her around.

425_christine_ouzounian_ET_081115.jpg
She's hot but I feel bad for the schmuck who ends up marrying her. Hopefully he doesn't Google her.

Cyberpunkd

Yes, and he tried to gaslight her by saying she contributed to his alcoholism. Such a class act.

However it says something if despite being beautiful and having money you are on your fourth divorce. Although my guess is this is simply a result of Lopez total lack of any ability to self reflect.

Trilobit

A coworker of mine once worked the blackjack tables as a dealer in Vegas.

He said Affleck left him a 20k chip as a tip when he was done but Lopez stepped in and switched it to a 100$ chip saying "They make enough as it is".

No fun allowed 😆

That's rich coming from a woman with the net worth of $400 million.

Soltype

But Ben himself is a prick who didnt realize how good he had it and chases these toxic bitches so he has no one but himself to blame. All these men think they are miserable becuase they are in unhappy marriages but then they get divorced, fuck around or remarry and are still miserable. Maybe realize that every man is miserable in every marriage but people stick it out because the grass is almost never greener on the other side. divorce rate for second marriages is much higher.

Saw this the night this happened, I knew right then and there she was no good

jason10mm

Gold Member
I wouldn't mind if Jennifer Garner SNUCK into my room.
That dress is doing her no favors but DAMN she was banging back then.....seems like she has held up well today.

I think she and Ben actually lived near me at one point, woulda loved to chat them up a bit. Never watched much of Alias but I did like DD and of course totally dug Ben's viewaskew stuff. I don't know if he would have cared for reminiscing about Chasing Amy, Dogma, Mallrats, and Jersey Girl (apparently Jen didn't care for Kevin) but I could have liked to hear his stories.

What...?

Ben Affleck cheated on Jen Garner with the nanny...after having 3 kids with her. And even after him being a piece of shit to her, and him getting a new bimbo girlfriend for like 5 days, she still kept putting up with his bullshit, even taking him to rehab, where pics like these were taken

NINTCHDBPICT000428303678.jpg
NINTCHDBPICT000428303682.jpg
NINTCHDBPICT000428301877.jpg

Yes all this was after they divorced and he cheated. She still kept helping him.

Only for him in 2021 saying:

Ben Affleck felt “trapped” in his marriage to Jennifer Garner — and thinks he wouldn’t have gotten sober had he stayed.

“We probably would’ve ended up at each other’s throats. I probably still would’ve been drinking,” Affleck, 49, recently said on SiriusXM’s “The Howard Stern Show.”

“Part of why I started drinking was because I was trapped.”

Affleck, who went to rehab for alcoholism in 2018, continued, “I was like, ‘I can’t leave because of my kids, but I’m not happy, what do I do?’ And what I did was drank a bottle of scotch and fell asleep on the couch, which turned out not to be the solution.”

The actor added that he and 49-year-old Garner, who were married from 2005 to 2018, tried to work on their marriage for the sake of their three children: Violet, 16, Seraphina, 12, and 9-year-old Samuel.

I'd say she was the one that had a lot to put up with. Being married with someone like this for almost 15 years can't be easy.

Sounds like he has his own issues to deal with. Addiction is a bitch.

I do agree with you, Jen Garner IS a real woman.

A bit off topic but i follow her on instagram and she should do more action stuff. I was watching this a few days ago...she still has it for action movies

Last edited:

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member

Saw this the night this happened, I knew right then and there she was no good

I thrive in grammar Nazi scenarios... if Hollywood hadn't burrowed into her politics, and well if she didn't shack up with Ben Affleck (easily one of my most hated Hollywood personalities of all time)....

Well anyway, lowkey her being 'no good' in that clip is hidden at around the 2:13 mark where she declares that in the early 2000s, mashing JJ Abrams nose into his brain, i.e. killing or at least permanently disabling him, would have been a bad thing when in reality it would give both Star Wars and Star Trek another chance. And I mean I mostly liked Lost but yeah it didn't have much of a plan and just kind of petered out oh hey wait just like Alias now that I think about it, man that show wasn't amazing or anything, I liked seeing Garner in a new outfit every week and it was perfectly serviceable but by the end it was just complete trash.

But hey there was always that post Super Bowl episode at least:
alias-jennifergarner.gif

Aesius

I honestly don’t know why famous rich dudes even entertain the idea to remarry 55year olds. Leo is the only one who got the memo. Life is short. Enjoy the beautiful things in life.
If you’re rich and famous, there’s a lot of appeal to dating/marrying someone who is also rich and famous.

They have their own money and career and won’t be drawn to you solely for yours. It’s also a good career move because you expand your network and can go the “power couple” route. And then there’s the fact that while you are famous yourself, it would still be a thrill to get with someone who is also famous.

I would imagine most male celebrities run through hundreds of young women and models while they’re single. But eventually they want to settle down and most want a woman on their level.

She's been married and divorced 5 times now. The woman is absolute fucking poison.

I honestly wonder what is the criteria for her to be married so many times. She allegedly has a collection of engagement rings in the millions.

What a great example to set for your kids. Ben is no better either having bedded his nanny.

It really is Hollyweird.

Madflavor

Ben just seems like the kind of guy where he's his own worst enemy. He's got the wonderful combination of alcoholism and never growing the fuck up. He smashed some pretty good looking woman, including Jennifer Lopez who I guarantee was a freak in bed. Then he finally lands with a beautiful and proper lady called Jennifer Garner, and they had three kids together. What more could a guy ask for at that point? But he had to blow it up with his bullshit. He goes on to smash some super models here and there, somehow ends up with Ana de Armas, of course fucks that one up too, and then he ends up back with Jennifer Lopez.

Matt really needs to slap the shit out of him.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Hence the old saying "do not go into the same river twice". I guess they thought they changed over the past 20 years - surprise, they didn't. It looks like they have very different ideas of what they want from life then and now. Plus Lopez is a narcissist, so that can't be helping.

How dare you, don't be fooled by the looks that she's got, she's still, she's still Jenny from the block

Top Bottom