• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk |OT| - Big men, bigger swords, OFF THE BOAT - Berserk #344 24/6/2016

I can understand glossing stuff over for time, but at the same time it's not a proper translation of Guts' character at all, I pretty much consider Guts in the anime, manga, and movies as three different characters. Cause anime Guts wasn't as violent as manga and movie Guts, Movie Guts just wasn't as messed up as manga Guts so he was more of a nihilistic sociopath without the proper explanations to make the audience really know why and feel something for him. Guts has his reasons for being the way he is and once you omit those reasons he becomes a completely different character to me.

Movie Guts, is basically an asshole who lost a fight.

Looking at my post history
Miura only stops now after Guts gets out of the boat.

I hate being right.

kmax

disappointed___gif__by_themischiefmonster-d7ej23k.gif

Well. It was fun while it lasted.

Tacitus_

They gloss over loads of stuff because of time constraints. They also seem to change stuff for no apparent reason. It may sound picky but it seems Guts is using (in the promo shot) some kind of hip/thigh protector in the armor...which he only uses after he goes back to Godo (after the Lost Children). Why the arbitrary change? Guts armor evolves with time.

Maybe I'm just blind but I honestly can't spot the difference

3XWsrdv.jpg

Erigu

Maybe I'm just blind but I honestly can't spot the difference

3XWsrdv.jpg

I think it is more like this one (which is right after he "upgrades" at Godo, Episode to holy ground part 1)

Wn7kflx.png

The shoulder pads (i dont know the english term) are spiky and bulgy just like the promo instead of the several same "pieces" he uses in that panel. Also the entire hip and tigh protection is plain over the pants, which kinda looks like how it is in that promo shot (you can also see a iron plate under the knee protections) , instead of those lateral hip "panels".

Tacitus_

I think it is more like this one (which is right after he "upgrades" at Godo, Episode to holy ground part 1)

Wn7kflx.png

The shoulder pads (i dont know the english term) are spiky and bulgy just like the promo instead of the several same "pieces" he uses in that panel. Also the entire hip and tigh protection is plain over the pants, which kinda looks like how it is in that promo shot (you can also see a iron plate under the knee protections) , instead of those lateral hip "panels".

Huh, the pauldrons are different. Well, this isn't the first time I'm blind to details.

Moonkid

Welp, at least we got a new character reveal before our hiatus. So long Berserk, let's hope the next adaptation is worth a damn.

frontovik

Banned
Another hiatus shortly after Guts and the party gets off the boat? Come on, Miura!

I'm looking forward to the next Berserk anime though.

You know, I think I would have enjoyed the movies a lot more with the English dub cast, watching some scenes and overall the performance is just straight up superior to that of the Japanese recasting.

I bet it's just a break to be more hands on with the anime project and then it'll be back to monthly chapters again.

Hopefully Miura realizes how important Hirasawa is to Berserk.

Helmholtz

Latest chapter was quite good. But that delay until the story continues is rough after I got used to the monthly releases.
Really hoping the anime turns out well, though. I'd actually prefer a solid anime adaptation over manga continuing if I had to choose. I really need to see post-golden age stuff in motion.

At least you guys have finished it. My tablet won't advance passed page 30 of the cbr file of volume 38, I'm quite pissed. I've been just reading Claymore to fill the void and the void remains unfilled.

LaneDS

At least you guys have finished it. My tablet won't advance passed page 30 of the cbr file of volume 38, I'm quite pissed. I've been just reading Claymore to fill the void and the void remains unfilled.

I guarantee you that your problem of having more Berserk to read but being unable to currently do so is better than the eternal problem of being caught up to Berserk and just being mad about it (look forward to it!).

I guarantee you that your problem of having more Berserk to read but being unable to currently do so is better than the eternal problem of being caught up to Berserk and just being mad about it (look forward to it!).
I've got Claymore to read after that still. Will probably start looking for volumes of Guyver the Bio Boosted Armor to read after that. From what I remember that also had great artwork.

wow I didn't like the trailer at all :( it looks more like JoJo to me, than anything. I really hope this teaser is not what the whole thing will look like :[

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIA9xg2oIew

It seems Black Swordsman is a go. They really changed the armor for no apparent reason.

You know what?! I'm not even disappointed after watching this. You know why? Because this is exactly what I was expecting the second they announced a new Berserk anime. Guts swinging his sword looks great, but him walking towards the screen looks bad. Like really, really bad. It's also interesting that it shows both Guts killing skeletons and the red lake. Maybe they're going to mix the arcs together?

WHAT'S WITH THE CGI, HE MOVES LIKE A STOP MOTION TERMINATOR
Why couldn't Madhouse get this project? I'm still pretty pissed that Claymore got a more faithful adaptation than Berserk did. Granted yes the last 4 episodes or so of Claymore are off canon because Madhouse was like "fuck it we're not doing a second season."
wow I didn't like the trailer at all :( it looks more like JoJo to me, than anything. I really hope this teaser is not what the whole thing will look like :[
I guess Puck and Isidro are going to be like this:
06648dd8a399607d5c25e3c332109f10.gif

Helmholtz

Whelp, there goes my hype. CGI looks god awful. I was hoping this was getting a HxH treatment but I guess that was just wishful thinking.

Top Bottom