• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best story ever?

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
Panzer Dragoon Orta. Set to Panzer's rich world of scattered tribes and power hungry empires in conflict, lost weapons of ancient civilizations with the power to turn the tides of war, biomechanical ecosystems, and sentient drones of servitude, Orta continues the series' defiance of video game convention with a dramatic tone and personal perspective to its storytelling and a truly sympathetic antagonist who's motivated simply by the natural imperative to have purpose and legacy.

User 406

Banned
Tobal No. 1.

Emperor Udan loves martial arts, so he decides to host a fighting tournament on his planet. Various fighters enter for money or fame or just for fun. When it's over, Udan hands the winner a trophy. THE END.

The absence of tacked-on horseshit is wonderful.

Azih

Panzer Dragoon Orta. Set to Panzer's rich world of scattered tribes and power hungry empires in conflict, lost weapons of ancient civilizations with the power to turn the tides of war, biomechanical ecosystems, and sentient drones of servitude, Orta continues the series' defiance of video game convention with a dramatic tone and personal perspective to its storytelling and a truly sympathetic antagonist who's motivated simply by the natural imperative to have purpose and legacy.
Guh?

Anyhow thorn, I agree with you and would like to subscribe to your newsletter. The sheer quality of the writing in Planescape:Torment and Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri shame every other game.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I'd go with Phantasy Star 2, FF4, Live A Live, Xenogears and Shenmue (shut up, Drinky :p), and FF7... The only recent game I've played with a pretty good story was SO3... FFX's was alright, too, but RPG stories have gotten worse as time has gone on.

madara

Batman Forever(Snes)

ROFL..okay...too many great rpgs to list in my time though I say most actually on snes before scifi FMV crap started.

Top Bottom