• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BestBuy.com PS3 Preorders. "here is a coupon for your troubles PWNED LOL"

Joe

"To clear up this mess, we at PS3Land were able to get a hold of a Bestbuy sales representative via their public number 888-BESTBUY"

:lol thanks for clearing up the mess guys!

Vard

Déjà vu...

Oh wait, this actually already happened. Thrice. :lol

I'm done for the night. Hopefully we'll all be smiling tomorrow morning!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I've consulted my magic 8-ball, and it says that our orders will not be cancelled.

If Best Buy cancels our orders, I'll buy everyone in this thread a PS3. That's how confident I am in my magic 8-ball! :)

cvxfreak

commish said:
I've consulted my magic 8-ball, and it says that our orders will not be cancelled.

If Best Buy cancels our orders, I'll buy everyone in this thread a PS3. That's how confident I am in my magic 8-ball! :)

Quoted for records.

commish said:

Quoted again for backup records.

commish said:

WOW. Couldn't wait anymore for my free PS3. :D

Darko

commish said:

60gb plz..kthx

:D

AniHawk

commish said:

Woohoo! Free PS3!

Gav

commish said:

Youll ship to Europe yeah? :p Looking forward to my free PS3...

ShowDog

I can't believe this article and situation.
PS3Land idiot said:
Bestbuy does not do preorders and that everyone who was able to obtain a preorder on their site will not be receiving one and will be given a full refund. His answer comes as no surprise

His answer comes as no suprise?? As Best Buy had a preorder form on their website for customers to fill out, and then started charging!?? What kind of crazy world is this!

lachesis

Well, to start off Monday here at east cost (NYC) - I still didn't get any cancelation e-mails as of 8:52 am....! Hopefully, there will be no cancelation e-mails ever for me.. :D

ShowDog said:
I can't believe this article and situation.

His answer comes as no suprise?? As Best Buy had a preorder form on their website for customers to fill out, and then started charging!?? What kind of crazy world is this!
Yeah, I'm having a hard time believing it too. It's been over a day now with no correction, you'd think they'd fix it by now if it really was a mistake.

whatdidyousay said:
Well, it's Monday morning now. If Bestbuy corporate gives out a cancellation decision, today would be the day...right???

So far so good...

RaijinFY said:
Seriously, they should just give up with preorders...

Why? From a business standpoint, online pre-orders are far easier.

Instead of distributing to thousands of stores, you can ship directly from a few warehouses that are scattered about the country. The shipping expenses alone that they save have to be ridiculously high.

From CAG:

Update on the Best Buy preorder situation:
I just heard the official word for myself, it was legit and that multiples should have been and will be canceled. The BB.com pre-order IS/WAS legit. Congrats guys, we did it!

I heard for myself on a brief 3-way call. No one is losing their job, the pre-order was legit.

Congrats to everyone that got one! :D

beermonkey@tehbias said:
From CAG:

rollercoasterlf1.jpg

tgenius

It's still early to be making decisions one way or the other... I suspect its either going to go through for all the one-order people or they all die...

unomas

Banned
Maybe its just taking a bit to go through all the people that ordered ohhhh say 10-12. I'm just hoping we get the system.

sonarrat said:
Oh, man. This is too much. I'm eagerly anticipating both this and the first decently-paid job of my life.

Nice! What's the job?

I knew I shouldn't have checked this thread this AM--I'm at work now and can't concentrate because I'm too excited thinking about whether this is really gonna happen or not...

unomas said:
Maybe its just taking a bit to go through all the people that ordered ohhhh say 10-12.

Dude, I write database queries like that for a living (among other things). Takes a minute or two.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
sonarrat said:
Oh, man. This is too much. I'm eagerly anticipating both this and the first decently-paid job of my life.
Congrats on your legendary thread and new job.

Tarazet

kaching said:
Congrats on your legendary thread and new job.

I don't have it yet.. don't jinx it! I interviewed Friday, and I was able to satisfy her on all of the questions she posed to me.. and tested very well at typing, Word and Excel. Now I'm just waiting for a call back from Manpower.

Xenon

tgenius said:
It's still early to be making decisions one way or the other... I suspect its either going to go through for all the one-order people or they all die...

No I suspect that they are not going to cancel any orders, doing so would admit error on their part. They may fill some of the pre-orders. But, I have a feeling they will fall back on Sony not delivering enough units.

Edit: Thanks Sonarrat, You deserve a new tag for sure! While we're waiting lets think of one. How about

Hero or Zero. TBD 11/17/06

I kid ;)

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
sonarrat said:
I don't have it yet.. don't jinx it! I interviewed Friday, and I was able to satisfy her on all of the questions she posed to me.. and tested very well at typing, Word and Excel. Now I'm just waiting for a call back from Manpower.

Oh, you satisfied her alright.

;)

Where is Best Buy's HQ? I'd assume it's on the west coast. If that's the case, there is a chance that they haven't even spoken about this topic yet (Assuming they're going to talk about it at all).

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
WickedAngel said:
Where is Best Buy's HQ? I'd assume it's on the west coast. If that's the case, there is a chance that they haven't even spoken about this topic yet (Assuming they're going to talk about it at all).
In today's world of Blackberry-wielding execs, I doubt this would be the first time that any of them had an exchange, if there was any sort of crisis to address from their perspective.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Damn right they better not cancel those preorders. My Magic 8ball is never wrong.

I wasn't sure whether they would consider it a "crisis" though.

I'm glad to hear it's in Minneapolis.

It's going to be hilarious to see what kind of damage control ****** and PS3land do if this turns out to be legit.

kamikaze

WickedAngel said:
I wasn't sure whether they would consider it a "crisis" though.

I'm glad to hear it's in Minneapolis.

It's going to be hilarious to see what kind of damage control ****** and PS3land do if this turns out to be legit.

it can't be legit...columbo already solved the mystery and said it was a fake!!! :D

I don't know if this is a crisis for Best Buy.
But if it is, Best Buy could simply not cancel all the orders but put them in backorder status indefinitely. That way people would simply cancel the orders themselves.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
If BB never intended for several thousand people to put in preorders on a 500-600 item that their site says they'll ship between 11/17 and 11/24, then I'd expect that to be at least a minor crisis that would get more than the attention of CSRs over the weekend.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
commish said:

lol.

PS3 get!

Top Bottom