• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BestBuy.com PS3 Preorders. "here is a coupon for your troubles PWNED LOL"

Treo360

Beatbox said:
I got that error last night when I tried to refresh or go back a page - did you happen to do that? It worked fine when I went through the link and re-entered my info.

No I signed in directly and it gave me that error.

But when I clicked the link in my email I was greeted again with the Order confirmation enter email/order number page. I filled out the entries and viola! Order still pending (cancellation) screen.

sangreal

Mejilan said:
I did Next Day delivery, but once the order is truly confirmed, I need to switch addresses. If they try to delivery this to my office on a Saturday... not good. Gotta switch it to my home addy!

They won't deliver it on Saturday anyway

but if they do honor these, they will most likely send them out on Nov 16.

Actually, last year when I pre-ordered a 360 from Walmart.com w/ Next-day shipping, they sent it out several days early ground shipping so it arrived on launch day.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
sangreal said:
They won't deliver it on Saturday anyway

but if they do honor these, they will most likely send them out on Nov 16.

Actually, last year when I pre-ordered a 360 from Walmart.com w/ Next-day shipping, they sent it out several days early ground shipping so it arrived on launch day.

That's what I thought, but then I used their estimate delivery calculator and it indicated an 11/18/06 delivery date! Either way, I'll hold off and worry about delivery once I can afford to worry about delivery (and stop worrying about actually getting a PS3...)

Edit - and anyone know why Next Day Shipping was so cheap?? $16.99? When I ordered my X360 from them last year (also Next Day) they charged me $39.99!!

Both my orders are still In Process.

What an insane weekend. In all this, I haven't had time to suffer in waiting for Gears of War.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
If you pay for next day and UPS, Fed Ex, and USPS all deliver on Saturday....ummm what wouldn't they deliver on Saturday?

sangreal

Beatbox said:
If you pay for next day and UPS, Fed Ex, and USPS all deliver on Saturday....ummm what wouldn't they deliver on Saturday?

The fact that UPS and FedEx only deliver on Saturday if you pay a large surchage? ($12.50/package for UPS)

Tarazet

sangreal said:
The fact that UPS and FedEx only deliver on Saturday if you pay a large surchage? ($12.50/package for UPS)

I imagine that's where USPS comes in. They do next day too, remember.

cvxfreak

Not that it means anything, but my credit card currently has a pending charge as well.

I wanted to mention it because it's pending for the updated shipping amount (total $666.XX) and it hadn't been there last night.

sangreal

sonarrat said:
I imagine that's where USPS comes in. They do next day too, remember.

Yes, my favorite carrier infact. I don't know what BestBuy.com uses, I've never ordered from them before. Most big businesses don't seem to use USPS though.

Anyways, like Mejilan said, its not worth worrying about delivery schedules at this point since we don't even know if the orders will be accepted

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Mine too.

bubb_rubb_soundset_3_3549_2144_image_2470.png

WoooWOOOOO!

Beatbox

sangreal said:

Right...but you really think they would "forget" to put a disclaimer about Saturday delivery and make you wait three days??? Doubt it. USPS rules and I hope it isn't UPS - never got an undamaged package from them in my life.

Disclaimer - damaged boxes everytime and only once a damaged product...but that doesn't make it okay :lol

Beatbox

sangreal said:
It is UPS. From bestbuy.com:

Yikes and this "No weekend deliveries are available for next-day or second-day service."

Fingers crossed for Thursday shipment!

Beatbox

Wario64 said:
We should be worried about these orders going through instead of shipping at the moment :lol

Stop crying you dog. :lol Yeah yeah. I have confidence though.

Mejilan

I want to know, my GAF PS3 BB.com weekend camping brethren, that if this works out, I will have shared a moment with you. We will have bonded.

Now get the **** out of here, get some sun, and bring me back some pizza and a Pepsi. Thanks.

I just thought about something...

Say these orders are mistakes. Regardless of that, I think BestBuy is going to have to pay fees to the credit card companies for the use of all these cards.

Generally, these fees are 1~3% of the transaction price. Assuming it was 2%, that would mean that they would likely pay around $130,000 for nothing if there really were around 10,000 orders.

So, it's already going to cost them that. Then there are the man-hours that they've spent with customer service. Then they're going to have to make the effort to cancel these orders, email everyone, and do damage control. On the side, you have people mumbling about lawsuits (And despite the fact that they wouldn't get very far, it would be an annoyance to BestBuy).

All in all, they don't have much to gain by cancelling all these orders. If the pre-orders were expected but the system was used a little early, it's most likely that they'd simply honor the orders. If the pre-orders were unexpected, they're going to analyze whether or not it would cost more to re-allocate the systems or to cancel the orders.

A new quote to speculate about -_-

Paraphrasing what he reads to me:

PS3 will be in short supply. Bestbuy and bestbuy.com will NO LONGER be taking any preorders. People can wait and stores and tickets will be distributed...yadayadayada.

I just found the verbage interesting on what must be a somewhat official bulletin that said they will be "no longer" taking preorders. It makes me thinks they are going to fulfill the current orders.

He also said my order was pending authenticaton so it sounds like they are checking for people with multiple orders. I ordered a 20 and a 60. I wanted to press him on whether those count as different items but I could tell he had no idea, just reading what was in front of him.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
My order is still good ("Status: 1 item(s) preordered, release date is 11/17/06.") and no emails or anything yet. I ordered maybe 15 minutes before it got taken down.

wow still no word. Why was that jackass a few pages back so happy and saying "CANCELLED, vindication for me"?
BELEIVE and good luck

lachesis

Sat, 04 Nov 2006 22:53:12 CST...
is the time I've received my pre-order confirmation. I just checked, and it's still good, no cancellation e-mail either.

Mejilan

He said 'VIDICATION' IIRC, and he's a jackass and wanted to be right, or see us suffer, or both.

Mejilan

No one knows yet. His last theory is certainly plausible, but his earlier guesses were completely unfounded nonsense.

More anecdotal CAG reponses:

Same, mine is still active.
I also called and upgraded to next day delivery.
The CSR said that I still may not get one on launch day, and that if my preorder was one of the late ones, then my order will be cancled. I told him I placed my order at around 11:40 P.M. EST and he stated he couldn't say wether or not I was guranteed but he said I was way before the cut off

Joe

"To clear up this mess, we at PS3Land were able to get a hold of a Bestbuy sales representative via their public number 888-BESTBUY"

:lol thanks for clearing up the mess guys!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Joe said:
"To clear up this mess, we at PS3Land were able to get a hold of a Bestbuy sales representative via their public number 888-BESTBUY"

:lol thanks for clearing up the mess guys!

logo.gif

Bog

Junior Ace
Wasn't it a 'preorder' graphic you had to click to order? Yes, sounds like something a glitch would do.

Mejilan

Bog said:
Wasn't it a 'preorder' graphic you had to click to order? Yes, sounds like something a glitch would do.

It was a preorder graphical link, and our order status clearly says that our units are... preordered.

Beatbox

Bog said:

Yes...surely it should be an "order" button instead of "preorder" for an item that isn't out yet. :lol

Top Bottom