• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BestBuy.com PS3 Preorders. "here is a coupon for your troubles PWNED LOL"

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
dyls said:
I thought the first rule of CAG was 'never ask'

True, but even if no one does call in, I'm sure Best Buy is gonna notice this huge spike of PS3 preorders either way. So nothing to lose in calling :)

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
JoatesDogg187 said:
**** No shipping options are coming up now..

I was able to put in another order with overnight shipping. I didn't finalize it, but I wasn't getting blocked at any point.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
This news has now hit Slickdeals and Fatwallet. Pretty safe to say this preorder is dead :lol

My order didn't show up when I entered the code... it says that it could take up to 15 minutes though... has it shown up for anyone yet?

unomas

Banned
My order for a 20 gig to be delivered on the 20th just went through 2 minutes ago.

Sony - PlayStation 3 20GB System ABC SKU: 8008513

Scheduled for Second Day delivery
Estimated Arrival: 11/20-11/20/2006

Product Total: $499.99
Shipping & Handling: $11.99
Tax: $25.60
Order Total (charged to credit card): $537.58

Thank you for shopping at BestBuy.com. We have received your order, and it will be processed as soon as possible.

Shipping
We will send you an e-mail that includes the shipping date and tracking number of your item(s) once they are packed and ready to be shipped from our warehouse. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item(s) to you.

Wario64 said:
True, but even if no one does call in, I'm sure Best Buy is gonna notice this huge spike of PS3 preorders either way. So nothing to lose in calling :)

*BestBuy.com IT goes back to Windows screen after a match of Battlefield 2.

*Checks inquiry history to ensure stability of system.

*Cries in horror when 30K Playstation 3's are ordered before he even had a chance to put the image up.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
lets say this will go through, is there any way to track the shipments via UPS or FedEX
I didn't see anything on the order page

dyls

So this has been up for over an hour and a half?? I'm guessing BB has gone over their stock limit by, oh, 50,000 units.

Got my order in anyways. If (when) they cancel it, I'm ready to bitch until they give me something.

WickedAngel said:

*Cries in horror when 30K Playstation 3's are ordered before he even had a chance to put the image up.

:lol Sad but probably about right.

Joates

Banned
This is the Message I get at the top of the Shipping page :

# Some or all of the shipping methods are not available for the product, Sony - PlayStation 3 60GB System. Please review the available options. If no shipping options exist, try our store pickup option.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
mrroboto said:
No way this is gonna happen.

These guys have been on this before news hit GAF:

Over ten pages(towards the end of the thread) about the Best Buy link with people having ordered multiple units.

This is gonna be a mess.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=345128&page=306

Nope, GAF still got in first. The first instance of them posting the Best Buy link is here: http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=345128&page=301

Timestamp at 9:53 PM (their forum is reading a current time of 10:47 PM)

GAF is still first :)

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
mrroboto said:
No way this is gonna happen.

These guys have been on this before news hit GAF:

Over ten pages(towards the end of the thread) about the Best Buy link with people having ordered multiple units.

This is gonna be a mess.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=345128&page=306

yeah 310 pages, sickdeals isn't that fast
it must have been up for awhile there :(

sickdeals said:
on with csr now.
says NO preorders for launch date are authorized. she is asking a super cause itold her my friends are getting confirmation emails!
any q's you want to ask??

Alts said:
Customer service says it is legit. To what extent they know what they're talking about, who knows.

shockedue3.jpg

Sean*O

Smells like a scam. Is it possible that those seeing their data could be via cookies or cached data?

Fingers crossed for you all that it works.

Mejilan

I haven't ordered anything from BB.com since last year. I clear out my cache, cookies, history, and misc. temporary internet files periodically. There's NO POSSIBLE WAY this is a phishing scheme.

I've since closed my browser, opened up a completely new instance of bestbuy.com via their normal URL (no links), signed into my account normally, pulled up my order history, and voila, the PS3 order is there, with a status of "InProcess". This is not a scam. Will it be cancelled since this was likely a glitch? Probably. But not a scam.

WickedAngel said:

I'll be crying when those bastards cancel my order tomorrow or Monday, but I'm laughing now. That's funny.

Sean*O said:
Smells like a scam. Is it possible that those seeing their data could be via cookies or cached data?

Fingers crossed for you all that it works.

I got an email for signing up with BestBuy and two seperate emails for the orders. I doubt scammers would be that thorough.

LJ11

FW and SD members just rape websites. I used to be a FW addict and I remember some of the sickest deals going through. Buy.com had a coupon that took $50 off a $500 purchase. Well the coupon ended up taking $50 off of $50 purchase. FW raided the shit out of buy.com and they honored every ordered. They actually sent out emails asking people to authorize buy.com to charge them the correct amount, but FW gave them the big **** you. No idea how buy.com stayed in business with all that free shit they gave out.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I think the most amazing thing is, even if it is a mistake, the BB site is running amazingly well. There was zero delay or lag when I just ordered one. Compared to what happened last year during 360 preorders...

Oh I heard about Bestbuy. Lots of complaints! Check them out on the Better Business Bureau! I wouldn't trust them. Cancel while you can.

I CANT FIND MY WALLET!!! :(

Vard

Question... I ordered and thought they would be charging my debit card at the time of shipment. Right now the balance on my card shows up as negative by about $200 due to the PS3 order, but I just sent $500 from my PayPal account to my bank account (which will take a few days to actually get added to my account). Do you think I'll be alright?

By the way, sonarrat, you rule (even if this doesn't work out).

EDIT: Also, I created an account with Best Buy for this occasion. I'm on their site and somebody else's info is showing up in "My Account"... like the Konami ZOE2 incident... is this happening to anybody else?

Dead

well not really...yet
Vard said:
Question... I ordered and thought they would be charging my debit card at the time of shipment. Right now the balance on my card shows up as negative by about $200 due to the PS3 order, but I just sent $500 from my PayPal account to my bank account (which will take a few days to actually get added to my account). Do you think I'll be alright?

By the way, sonarrat, you rule (even if this doesn't work out).
Like mentioned already, it's an authorization charge, itll go back to normal in a few days. Though i'd transer money into it if it'll cause fees for you and what not regardless

Mejilan

Customer Svc reps say this is legit? HOW? How how how how how?

There must be THOUSANDS upon thousands of orders processed by now.

unomas

Banned
Did working 13 hours today actually reward me with a PS3? I was so tired when I got home 2 hours ago the last thing I was gonna do was go out, hell I was off to bad and BAM I checked GAF quick. I'll believe it when I see it but for now I'm a happy camper.

Certainly they won't honor more than 1 per customer, they obviously changed that quickly. Does anyone have a clue how many units BB has available for online pre-order like this?

Mejilan said:

Amazon Canada's lasted a little over an hour with less stock. BB is supposedly getting 200K.

mrroboto

Banned
Mejilan said:

"Customer Service Rep" is alot different than oh let's say CEO of Best Buy.

Mejilan said:

1000 to 2000 at most. Maybe 100 from GAF, a few hundred from SlickDeals, and about a thousand from other sources. I don't think its hit the limit yet. Probably will in a few hours though.

Mejilan

Well, I'm hoping that if they do "run out" and availability eventually slips into late Nov, Dec, or even 2007 for some of these preorders, that at least those of us that got our orders in back in page 1 will be OK... *crosses fingers*

Top Bottom