• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BestBuy.com PS3 Preorders. "here is a coupon for your troubles PWNED LOL"

lachesis

8700 ish for me...

Really, I do hope it works for me. I already have one pre-ordered, but now I can shamelessly e-bay this one when I get it... although if they still put that e-bay rules for PS3 selling even after 11/17, then I'll just have to do it locally, possibly in person.

ghostmind

Apparently BB CSRs are aware of the preorder being opened up and have stated that orders with more than 1 system per person will be cancelled...

LJ11

FTWer said:
8,756 views on this thread so far

if say 1/3rd of that ordered
with more post by a lot on sickdeals, CAG & Fatwallet then I'd say 50,000 orders should have been reached easily (if not 100,000)

HOW many Ps3 are there for the U.S. launch again?

Sony lied! They have warehouses full of PS3's but they wanted to create a frenzy to get people to fall into their trap!

Or BB ****ed up. :lol

Tarazet

ghostmind said:
Apparently BB CSRs are aware of the preorder being opened up and have stated that orders with more than 1 system per person will be cancelled...

Nice. Glad to hear that.

soscared.png

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I just called the automated number, put in my order number, and got a recording confirming an order for PLAYSTATION 3 60GB SYSTEM MODEL ABC as "being processed" and to call back later for an update.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
:lol I saw this thread when it was just sonarrat's original post, ran over and submitted an order for the 20 gig model and have just been sitting here since then waiting for the hammer to fall.
Please don't fall

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
LJ11 said:
Sony lied! They have warehouses full of PS3's but they wanted to create a frenzy to get people to fall into their trap!

This was the exact first thought that went through my mind when I just submitted my order. Sony was like "Damn, people aren't going to buy our $600 console... let's lie and say there won't be enough! Make it look real by only sending 10 to each EB."

They got me...

mrroboto

Banned
Just a heads up.

Those of you who were able to order multiple systems and it cleared, I'd cancel all but one of them. If this is legit, Best Buy will almost certainly cancel your entire order and you'll get stuck with none.

kaching said:
:lol I saw this thread when it was just sonarrat's original post, ran over and submitted an order for the 20 gig model and have just been sitting here since then waiting for the hammer to fall.
Please don't fall
Same here. This picture sums up my night so far.
11106forgetkr3.jpg

So... my order is 8008? And why can't I link the order to my account? Is it a problem with Best Buy's site? How could I make it work?! Dammit! O_O
OCD ftl...

M_A_C

Ordered a 60gb for some reason. If this comes through I'll pee my pantaloons.

#88**

wonder how many they are going to let through?

Mejilan

Gore: 60GB, to keep, because my PS2 is no longer good enough for FFXII! :lol

Barry Lightning said:
someone call and crush all of our dreams:

1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289)

I did. See a few posts up.

Pimpwerx

Got this a while ago when inquiring about free shipping.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks you for your interest in the upcoming release of the new gaming
consoles; PS3 and Nintendo Wii. This message was automatically generated
in an attempt to answer your question as quickly as possible.

The Sony Playstation 3 will be available on Nov 17th and the Nintendo
Wii will be available on Nov. 19th. Due to limited production,
pre-orders will not be accepted, and game consoles will not be available
for purchase on www.bestbuy.com for the initial release date. We
anticipate availability to be extremely limited in stores and sales will
be accepted on a first come first served basis.
Most stores will open
early on the day the consoles become available and tickets will be
handed out that correspond to the number of units that are available
(one ticket per person in line). Games for both consoles are currently
available for preorder on www.bestbuy.com. Additional consoles will be
made available for purchase as inventory arrives throughout the holiday
season. If this does not fully answer your question or address your
issue, please reply back to this message with additional information,
and a Best Buy Customer Care Representative will respond as soon as
possible.

To learn more about release dates, product specs and to pre-order your
games, checkout www.bestbuy.com.

Sincerely,

Best Buy Customer Care
I hope I get mine. I don't like how random this all was, but I really, really want to get a PS3 this holiday. PEACE.

Dirtbag

FlyinJ said:
This was the exact first thought that went through my mind when I just submitted my order. Sony was like "Damn, people aren't going to buy our $600 console... let's lie and say there won't be enough! Make it look real by only sending 10 to each EB."

They got me...

yeah, stock holders love that one! Wait wait, I've got it... even better.

"Let's make batteri.. ready for this one.. let's make batteries, that catch on fire a year from now, and then recall'em.. all of em!"

~Sony board of trusties: ... long pause......

BRILLIANT! *huge applause

they'll never see us coming.. snickers all around... evil sony grins.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Goreomedy said:
I'm just curious. Those of you who ordered this for keeps, which version did you choose?
20 GB. I plan to use the $100 saved to swap out the hdd with something much bigger, immediately.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
bigmakstudios said:

So... my order is 8008? And why can't I link the order to my account? Is it a problem with Best Buy's site? How could I make it work?! Dammit! O_O
OCD ftl...

Hey, you have the same order as me!

mrroboto

Banned
kaching said:
20 GB. I plan to use the $100 saved to swap out the hdd with something much bigger, immediately.

Will you be able to switch out the PS3's hd that easily? Stupid question but I was thinking Sony has it rigged where you can't do that.

I think it will be canceled. I only ordered it hoping that best buy will send me something for the screwup.

If i get stuck with a PS3 I will sell it on ebay.

sangreal

Pimpwerx said:

I hope I get mine. I don't like how random this all was, but I really, really want to get a PS3 this holiday. PEACE.

Yeah, they said awhile ago they wouldn't take preorders. This is from mid-october:

Best Buy is "not offering any presell programs in stores or on BestBuy.com" for PS3 or Nintendo's Wii, a spokesman for the retailer said Wed. The news came one day after GameStop said it kicked off a limited-time preorder campaign for PS3 at its stores, many quickly selling through the small allotments they were expected to get. Best Buy's decision was part of "our effort to ensure that we have the maximum number of PlayStation 3 and Wii systems available for customers visiting our stores on the 11/17 release day," a spokesman said. "Product quantity is expected to be limited and will be available on a first come first serve basis, while supplies last," he said, adding that "we have been offering pre-orders on PS3 games at BestBuy.com."

outunderthestars said:
I think it will be canceled. I only ordered it hoping that best buy will send me something for the screwup.

Yeah I figure I might at least get a $5 coupon or something

gprime

Dirtbag 504 said:

"Let's make batteri.. ready for this one.. let's make batteries, that catch on fire a year from now, and then recall'em.. all of em!"

Maybe it's just because I'm tired, but I burst out laughing at this. :lol

A couple questions from a total BB online newb:

So, are the order numbers going up or down?

I got in and already ordered a 60GB model. Can I go back later and change my shipping option for next-day delivery?

lachesis

60 gigs for maximum profit... :)

I have already another GS pre-order for me to keep. I've spent too much, and this will make up nicely for my Wii and HD-DVD expense this fall as well...

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Pimpwerx said:

yeah but that is a old auto generated email that they send to anyone asking about pre-orders well before today:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks you for your interest in the upcoming release of the new gaming
consoles; PS3 and Nintendo Wii. This message was automatically generated
in an attempt to answer your question as quickly as possible.

The Sony Playstation 3 will be available on Nov 17th and the Nintendo
Wii will be available on Nov. 19th. Due to limited production,
pre-orders will not be accepted, and game consoles will not be available
for purchase on www.bestbuy.com for the initial release date.

outunderthestars said:

What do you think they'll give you? A t-shirt that says, "Best Buy dicked me on the PS3 and all I got was this lousy t-shirt"?

Dirtbag 504 said:

lol. 10

LJ11

Pristine_Condition said:
A couple questions from a total BB online newb:

So, are the order numbers going up or down?

I got in and already ordered a 60GB model. Can I go back later and change my shipping option for next-day delivery?

You can call up CSR and have them change it but I wouldn't worry about it for the time being. Let's wait and see whether or not we receive cancellation emails in the morning.

steviebomb said:
What do you think they'll give you? A t-shirt that says, "Best Buy dicked me on the PS3 and all I got was this lousy t-shirt"?

Last time they f'ed up an online order of mine they gave me a $20 gift card.

Mejilan

LJ11 said:
You can call up CSR and have them change it but I wouldn't worry about it for the time being. Let's wait and see whether or not we receive cancellation emails in the morning.

Do the process on weekends? I figured we'd have to wait until Monday to find out.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
FYI if they were going to making pre-orders they sure as hell wouldn't be advertising it to people before today
imagine 1,000's of websites with the headline:

GET READY, 11/4/06 BEST BUY WILL DO PRE-ORDERS!

& have millions of people getting ready to spam Besy Buy's website in one day

Looks like Best Buy would screw their customers one more time like they did on Xbox 360 launch. This deal is still alive. There is no way Best Buy alone can get so many PS3 units while total quantity is so low. Or there will be only 1-2 units in-store at launch.

Did Best Buy cut any deal with Sony or what?

lachesis

Or... perhaps it's just a scam that to have many people to make up BB account is what they originally wanted to do so...! (hope not..)

Top Bottom