• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BestBuy.com PS3 Preorders. "here is a coupon for your troubles PWNED LOL"

sangreal

LJ11 said:
FW and SD members just rape websites. I used to be a FW addict and I remember some of the sickest deals going through. Buy.com had a coupon that took $50 off a $500 purchase. Well the coupon ended up taking $50 off of $50 purchase. FW raided the shit out of buy.com and they honored every ordered. They actually sent out emails asking people to authorize buy.com to charge them the correct amount, but FW gave them the big **** you. No idea how buy.com stayed in business with all that free shit they gave out.

There is a reason for Buy.com's generosity:

http://news.com.com/Customers,+Buy.com+come+to+terms+on+lawsuit/2100-1017_3-247071.html

dyls

I think sonarrat deserves a much better tag for this... at least until tomorrow when the orders all cancelled.

Vard

Posting this again in case nobody read it (since I first put it as an edit in my older post):

Also, I created an account with Best Buy for this occasion. Everything appeared to work fine and I have the order page and got an e-mail. However, the link in the e-mail for order status sent to me to their site and somebody else's info is showing up in "My Account"... like the Konami ZOE2 incident... is this happening to anybody else?

Yamaha98

I am warranting a banish from GAF for life if this becomes legit. This agreement includes all the posters on Slickdeals & CAG who are claiming to have pre-ordered in excess of 10+ PS3 consoles & will see all those orders processed & delivered.

It has gone long enough. Something is amiss here....

Tarazet

Checking the order numbers - mine was 8115, and that was probably the first of the PS3 preorders unless some other genius did the same thing as me. Highest I've seen is 9470. That means that if my logic is correct, only about 1400 orders have been placed by now.

I still can't link the order to my account. I could see the order reciept while I'm logged out of my account, but while I'm logged in, it's like the order doesn't exist... what do I do? o_o

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
some more posts from sickdeals....

Could bestbuys site have been hacked ? Cause corporate told me that this wouldn't happen to the 17th

apparently someone over on the ign boards spoke to a rep that has stated its legit. Take it for what its worth, I guess

something is VERY wrong because there is NO WAY IN HELL BEST BUY WILL GIVE OUT MORE THEN 1 PS3 PER CUSTOMER & THERE HAVE BEEN PPL SAYING THEY ORDERED 10 & WENT THROUGH

this makes doubtfull on the orders going through

Vard

bigmakstudios said:
I still can't link the order to my account. I could see the order reciept while I'm logged out of my account, but while I'm logged in, it's like the order doesn't exist... what do I do? o_o

That's exactly the situation I'm in. GAF, help!

Tarazet

bigmakstudios said:

Don't worry about it. There's no difference.

sonarrat said:
Checking the order numbers - mine was 8115, and that was probably the first of the PS3 preorders unless some other genius did the same thing as me. Highest I've seen is 9470. That means that if my logic is correct, only about 1400 orders have been placed by now.

mine ends in 8202, received my confirmation email at 12:50

sspeedy

someone mentioned they got charged right after they preordered. I got an email from best buy saying:
"Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item(s) to you."

Can anyone else say they've been charged already? I ask kuz my friend wants to preorder one and doesn't have enough in the account. Damn, that's a shame. Anyway, I JUST got one in, probably will be cancelled..... had to try. thanks gaf. :lol

unomas

Banned
The Experiment said:
1000 to 2000 at most. Maybe 100 from GAF, a few hundred from SlickDeals, and about a thousand from other sources. I don't think its hit the limit yet. Probably will in a few hours though.

I'm waiting for it to say out of stock, I'll actually breathe a sigh of relief when that happens. I don't think people were ready for this and $650 is a pretty big chunk of change for most people. That and most of the hardcore lined up at EB and Gamestop the night they were taking pre-orders so that eliminated many of them right off the bat.

LJ11

I just went to sign into my account, and it said welcome Edward. My name isn't Edward. :lol I got some other guys account. Their site is really ****ed up. :lol

fusoya59

i'm pretty scared now.
if THIS DOES go through, what will i do w/ my ps3?
i ordered it on impulse because i am easily influenced by the internets (more specifically, GAF :lol )
if i ebay it (that is if i'm even QUALIFIED), wouldn't the ebay market be saturated with ps3s and wiis anyway? wouldn't that completely defeat the point of making a hefty profit on the ps3?
i'm a wii man, but damn, even I was caught up with the ps3 hype.

gaf just pwned me. =]

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
sonarrat said:

Strange. I placed mine before yours?

My (partial) order number is BBxxx-xxxxxx008114.
And I got my order confirmation email at 11:14PM EST. (It's 1:11AM now)

mrroboto

Banned
LJ11 said:
I just went to sign into my account, and it said welcome Edward. My name isn't Edward. :lol I got some other guys account. Their site is really ****ed up. :lol

That's really not good at all. Now just think what it's doing to credit card numbers.

FTWer said:

something is VERY wrong because there is NO WAY IN HELL BEST BUY WILL GIVE OUT MORE THEN 1 PS3 PER CUSTOMER & THERE HAVE BEEN PPL SAYING THEY ORDERED 10 & WENT THROUGH

Seriously, what douchebags. I hope Best Buy combs through and cancels all but one order for these people. Or cancels them all to teach them a lesson.

I got a confirmation e-mail about the order.

Vard

LJ11 said:

Dude, that's the exact same person I'm getting in my account! E-mail address starting with brak123, right?

cvxfreak

sonarrat said:

I'm in the 8500s as well.

unomas

Banned
FTWer said:

They changed it though, when I first went to order I could put in multiple PS3's if I wanted to the shopping cart. When I finally put my order in you could only add 1 PS3 to the cart. After they changed it to the 1 per customer limit my order went through.

LJ11

Vard said:
Dude, that's the exact same person I'm getting in my account! E-mail address starting with brak123, right?

Yup. :lol :lol :lol

It went back to normal now, but it was like that for a while.

My order number ends in a 9245. I ordered around 11:45pm est.

mrroboto

Banned
fusoya59 said:
i'm pretty scared now.
if THIS DOES go through, what will i do w/ my ps3?
i ordered it on impulse because i am easily influenced by the internets (more specifically, GAF :lol )
if i ebay it (that is if i'm even QUALIFIED), wouldn't the ebay market be saturated with ps3s and wiis anyway? wouldn't that completely defeat the point of making a hefty profit on the ps3?
i'm a wii man, but damn, even I was caught up with the ps3 hype.

gaf just pwned me. =]

Demand for the PS3 after it's completely sold out on the 17th(probably within hours) will
only INCREASE and Ebay will be waiting. I'd expect to see prices for a PS3 *starting* at bids of $2,000 and up.

Vard

LJ11 said:
Yup. :lol :lol :lol

It went back to normal now, but it was like that for a while.

My order number ends in a 9245. I ordered around 11:45pm est.

:lol

Here's hoping we get it... mine's 9234.

M_A_C

I don't know if i should even bother. I think I'll just walk in and buy one once motorstorm comes out.

RumFore

Banned
Ok I lost hope. No way those shit should still be in stock especially when there over at CAG most likely ordering 100 each.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
8,756 views on this thread so far

if say 1/3rd of that ordered
with more post by a lot on sickdeals, CAG & Fatwallet then I'd say 50,000 orders should have been reached easily (if not 100,000)

HOW many Ps3 are there for the U.S. launch again?

FTWer said:
8,756 views on this thread so far

if say 1/3rd of that ordered
with more post by a lot on sickdeals, CAG & Fatwallet then I'd say 50,000 orders should have been reached easily (if not 100,000)

HOW many Ps3 are there for the U.S. launch again?

I highly doubt that.

Most of those views are from those of us who are refreshing this page every few seconds.

Top Bottom