• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda Officially Announces And Dates Three New Fallout: New Vegas DLCs

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This only took several weeks longer than it was supposed to.

Bethblog said:
BETHESDA SOFTWORKS REVEALS DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT PLANS FOR FALLOUT®: NEW VEGAS™

Three Additional Add-on Packs Releasing in Coming Months 
for Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Windows PCs

May 3rd, 2011 (London, UK) – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax® Media company, today announced three downloadable content packs will be released in the coming months for Fallout®: New Vegas™. The three packs will be released simultaneously for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Windows-based PCs.

Honest Hearts™, Old World Blues™ and Lonesome Road™ will further expand upon Fallout: New Vegas. Fallout: New Vegas takes all the action, humour and post-apocalyptic grime and grit of this legendary series and raises the stakes.

Available on May 17th for Xbox 360 and Windows-based PCs and May 18th for PlayStation®3, Honest Hearts takes you on an expedition to the unspoiled wilderness of Utah’s Zion National Park. Things go horribly wrong when your caravan is ambushed by a tribal raiding band. As you try to find a way back to the Mojave you become embroiled in a war between tribes and a conflict between a New Canaanite missionary and the mysterious Burned Man. The decisions you make will determine the fate of Zion.

In Old World Blues, releasing in June, you will discover how some of the Mojave’s mutated monsters came to be when you unwittingly become a lab rat in a science experiment gone awry. You’ll need to scour the Pre-War research centres of the Big Empty in search of technology to turn the tables on your kidnappers or join forces with them against an even greater threat.

Lonesome Road, available in July, brings the courier’s story full circle when you are contacted by the original Courier Six, a man by the name of Ulysses who refused to deliver the Platinum Chip at the start of New Vegas. In his transmission, Ulysses promises the answer as to why, but only if you take one last job –a job that leads you into the depths of the hurricane-swept canyons of the Divide, a landscape torn apart by earthquakes and violent storms. The road to the Divide is a long and treacherous one, and of the few to ever walk the road, none have ever returned.

Reviews of Fallout: New Vegas have called the game as “an utterly essential purchase” (MSN UK) and as “addictively, rambunctiously fun” (Entertainment Weekly). The Associated Press awarded it a 4 out of 4 stars and said “Bottom Line: It’s a Blast”, while GameSpy gave it 4.5 out of 5 stars and called Fallout: New Vegas “one of the best games of the year.”

All downloadable content for Fallout: New Vegas will be available for download on Xbox LIVE® for 800 Microsoft Points, the PlayStation®Network for €9.99 / £7.49, and both Steam and Direct2Drive for €9.99 / £7.49.

For more information on Fallout: New Vegas, published by Bethesda Softworks and developed at Obsidian Entertainment, including the game’s downloadable content, please visit HYPERLINK “http://fallout.bethsoft.com”http://fallout.bethsoft.com.

Honest-Heartsburing1.jpg

Source: http://bethblog.com/index.php/2011/05/03/details-on-honest-hearts-old-world-blues-and-lonesome-road/

Random thought: I'm sort of craving for a party based Fallout game that plays more or less like Valkyria Chronicles.

Am I crazy?

I would gladly pay for a stability update as DLC.
I WANT to play this game more, it would be glad if the code allowed me to do so.

Alex

VisanidethDM said:
Random thought: I'm sort of craving for a party based Fallout game that plays more or less like Valkyria Chronicles.

Am I crazy?

Just pretend your character in Fallout is a Scout, it'll pretty much play out the same.

Not sure about getting these (I'll probably get the first one) I'm still a bit bitter that the game is still kind of broken and the first update they release in months only changes some weapon stats (I know I shouldn't have gotten the 360 version, but I only have a crappy laptop)

dejan

bengraven said:
Soooo...GOTY edition in August?
Which will drop to £16 by no later than early october. I personally might hold out for the inevitable Steam Christmas Sale.

Yeef

Glad it's all coming out relatively soon. I skipped Dead Money so that I could buy all four packs as one and play as one big expansion. Now I know what I'll be playing in July.

duckroll

Yeef said:
Glad it's all coming out relatively soon. I skipped Dead Money so that I could buy all four packs as one and play as one big expansion. Now I know what I'll be playing in July.

It's going to be great!!!!!

Lonesome road sounds like a big expansion. Man I might play through the game again, but I could go back in and finish all the endings I missed. I hope they put some time to make the expansions look good.

ElFly

Lonesome Road sounds interesting.

I wonder if one of those will allow us to continue playing after the end.

BobTheFork said:
I would gladly pay for a stability update as DLC.
I WANT to play this game more, it would be glad if the code allowed me to do so.
yep.

i'm just grateful i got through New Vegas with less than a 50 crashes. that was an improvement from Fallout 3.

but the DLC for Fallout 3 was the absolute worst, i counted over 150 crashes on my PS3 (HDD got corrupted in the process too yay). over 30 just trying to launch Mothership Zeta, crashed that many times in a row in the intro sequence... it's just so sad and laughable, i think the PS3 coders at Bethesda are trolling us. or they hate us. or both.

no New Vegas DLC for me thanks. and fuck you Bethesda for responding to my e-mails and promising to "look into" the problems, you obviously didn't. and fuck you for not giving me my money back from all that broken DLC garbage.

An-Det

Great news. Now I'll have some time frame of when I'll be able to pick them all up for cheap and finally play New Vegas.

coopolon

It's going to be awhile before the GOTY edition with all the DLCs hits budget prices, but glad the process is finally getting started.

Ourobolus

Banned
Damn, I need to get back to New Vegas. I get so freaking immersed in that and F3 I forget I have all these other games to play.

I want to play through again though. Anyone have any idea what to play as/what route to go? My first time through I went Very Hard/Hardcore/Unarmed/Yes Man, and it was a blast.

duckroll

water_wendi said:
They sound great. Kind of odd that they are all being released so close together, though.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! I'VE WAITED LONG ENOUGH FOR THE ANNOUNCEMENT, YOU WANT ME TO WAIT EVEN LONGER TO GET TO PLAY THEM?! :((((((

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
as much as I would have loved to keep playing through the end, not sure if I can cont to support these DLC's :(

I'll gladly play my fallout 3 and wait for fallout 4

ElFly

duckroll said:
Shipping a complete game is super lame. Yes. More developers should ship unfinished games and complete them via DLC instead. Yup. :p

Dunno what you are talking about. Compared to FO3, this is clearly more incomplete, given how FO3 had a non-playable ending in the original release, yet (one of) the DLC let you see what happened after the end of the game, and keep playing.

New Vegas doesn't have that feature, so in comparison it is the incomplete one to me.

I guess that the radical alliance shifting that you are able to wallow in is what makes a post game scenario difficult, but at the same time, it robs the importance of the alliances you made, since you never see them concrete beyond the final FMV.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
duckroll said:
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! I'VE WAITED LONG ENOUGH FOR THE ANNOUNCEMENT, YOU WANT ME TO WAIT EVEN LONGER TO GET TO PLAY THEM?! :((((((
im excited too because the sooner a GOTY edition comes out the sooner i can play these DLC.. its just odd is all.

duckroll

dionysus said:
How does the DLC work? You have to load an old save?

Yes, each DLC is a unique self-contained scenario. It's like taking your character and playing a new mini-campaign in a pen and paper game.

ElFly said:
Dunno what you are talking about. Compared to FO3, this is clearly more incomplete, given how FO3 had a non-playable ending in the original release, yet (one of) the DLC let you see what happened after the end of the game, and keep playing.

New Vegas doesn't have that feature, so in comparison it is the incomplete one to me.

I guess that the radical alliance shifting that you are able to wallow in is what makes a post game scenario difficult, but at the same time, it robs the importance of the alliances you made, since you never see them concrete beyond the final FMV.

There is nothing incomplete about having a fully fleshed out ending which takes into account everything you have done in the entire game, and giving you a detailed ending for each and every companion, faction, and location. New Vegas is ten times the game Fallout 3 was, especially to true Fallout fans. Obsidian designing a game to their strengths and to their style does not mean it is a bad thing. If Bethesda fans don't like it, too bad, stick to Bethesda's crappy pseuda-RPGs.

OBSIDIAN FOREVER! MY BROTHERS RALLY BEHIND ME AND FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
ElFly said:

Wow. Thats a crazy way of putting it. When the credits rolled for Fallout 3 my exact words were "WHAT THE FUCK?" and i shut the game off in disgust. When the slides ended for NV i felt very satisfied and most of all i felt a sense of completion.

I'm never falling into this trap by modern RPGs where a game comes out with a DLC planned over months after release, and then eventually a full compilation about a year later (Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout: NV, DA 1, DA 2). Skyrm is going to be the same way.

ElFly said:
Wait, really?

Super lame.
New Vegas really goes out of it's way to make sure you know when the game is going to end. There's no reason not to run around and do anything for as long as you like before then. I'd like to have the level cap raised some. I haven't touched dead money yet so I'd like to have my character grow a little over the 4 DLC's.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Lasthope106 said:
I'm never falling into this trap by modern RPGs where a game comes out with a DLC planned over months after release, and then eventually a full compilation about a year later (Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout: NV, DA 1, DA 2). Skyrm is going to be the same way.
i hear you. What i do is get the initial game then just wait for the GOTY to come out. It helps that i get the games for PC so i have mods to help tide me over.

OnlyWonderBoy

Neo Member
ElFly said:

It's not that it's not finished, they just had no intentions of letting you play after they final credits, before the releases of the game they made this clear. They said it was pretty much for the reason you stated. They felt too much changed in the wasteland after the final mission to warrant letting players go back into it.

Top Bottom