• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better Call Saul S2 |OT| The Truth Is Just A Point Of View - Mondays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Very much looking forward to the new season. I can't wait to see what kind of hijinks Jimmy and the gang get up to this season. :D

Aiii

So not worth it
Yay!

jsy8xpb.gif

It's back!

Ended up enjoying season one if this a lot more than any of Breaking Bad's five seasons so I'm really looking forward to this.

I'm still dreading the inevitable falling out between Jimmy and Kim. She's great and their relationship is so damn great. Going to be heartbreaking ;_;

TheOddOne

- USAToday: 'Better Call Saul' charts 'darker' path to Saul Goodman.
New-to-Saul characters, such as the fan-favorite Kettleman couple, may return in Season 2, Gould says, and so, potentially, will some major players from the Bad universe.

"If you watch Season 2, you're going to see a lot of faces you didn't think you'd ever see again, except at a Breaking Bad reunion," Odenkirk says. "In a weird way, it's a bigger thrill than you'd expect when it happens, because you forgot."

By the end of the season, viewers may also see a more fully realized transformation by Jimmy into Saul Goodman, although "I don't feel it's ultimately as incremental as you might think," Odenkirk says. "Every move is earned. That character Saul Goodman is a big choice that Jimmy makes after a big event in his life. I can't say any more about that."
As for how much gas is left in Saul's tank, Gilligan says he has no end game in mind, nor do producers know just how far in Bad's timeline the show will travel.

"It seemed like a no-brainer when we started," Gilligan says. "We know the guy turns into Saul Goodman, but the exact path that he takes is still very much a mystery to us. Generally speaking, for a show to show profits and be economically rewarding for everyone involved, you want at least about five seasons. But is that one season too many? Is that two or three seasons too few? It's hard to tell at this point."

If Saul is renewed for a third season (which it likely will be), he and Gould can then map out a clearer path for Jimmy.

"At this point, the headlights on this car only reach so far into the night," Gould says. "I'm hoping if we go down the road a little further, we'll get a sense of how much further the road goes."

Brakke

Banned
Finished Season 1 last night. What an absolutely lovely season of television. This show did my favorite thing which is getting to a fine spot to cut (Jimmy in the corner office staring off into space sad) and then letting it roll for an extra excruciating minute. They just did a great job of letting everything breathe.

Better Call Saul nailed the quiet little choices so well. Every episode had like five or six shots or frames that made me think "oh yes, of course that's exactly the right choice". The sheer level of craft on display is undeniable.

Very excited to see where this goes. Probably going to buy the season 2 on Amazon or whatever, I don't want to wait for it to trickle onto Netflix. I regret having slept on this.

Took a spare day off next Monday. It doesn't feel like it was that long ago from the first season.

I felt like the season started and ended a bit slow. I'm hoping we jump right off with Jimmy and Chuck.

Wait, there's a second season? I thought this didn't get another season... it feels like it's been a year since I watched the first season and I was late to watch it!

Wait, there's a second season? I thought this didn't get another season... it feels like it's been a year since I watched the first season and I was late to watch it!
Of course it got another season. The ratings are good and if AMC did decide to dump it, I' sure Netflix would have jumped at full exclusivity.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

It got a second season before the first even premiered.

So who here binged the first season? Personally it was one of the most blissful TV marathon I've had the chance to experience and I am wondering how the experience of watching week-to-week will differ...

jond76

Banned
I really hope we get to see the Saul side of events in BB. Then of course past the events of BB. Lots of opportunity there.

I really hope we get to see the Saul side of events in BB. Then of course past the events of BB. Lots of opportunity there.

I'm more interested in the post-BB seen briefly at the beginning of the season. Hoping the second season cold open continues that thread.

jond76

Banned
I'm more interested in the post-BB seen briefly at the beginning of the season. Hoping the second season cold open continues that thread.

I think by showing the Saul side of BB events they have a chance to take scenes we thought we knew and turn them on their head, Wild Things style :)

I think by showing the Saul side of BB events they have a chance to take scenes we thought we knew and turn them on their head, Wild Things style :)

I'm not opposed to the idea but I like the way Saul is portrayed in BB. It makes his downfall all the more powerful. It would be risky to try to make him more sympathetic during the events of BB. Not saying that's what you're asking for but that would definitely be a concern for me.

I was worried I'd missed the premiere. I knew it was coming, but forgot when. Now I'll make sure to set my PVR.

I liked Better Call Saul, and thought it really picked up as it closed in on the end of its first season, but I don't think I like it as much as a lot of people here. It's a really solid show, but not a masterpiece or up with Breaking Bad yet.

Can anyone quickly jog my memory of exactly what happened at the end? I have an awful memory, and though I watched the whole season and paid attention, I have a hard time remembering exactly what happened.

Can anyone quickly jog my memory of exactly what happened at the end? I have an awful memory, and though I watched the whole season and paid attention, I have a hard time remembering exactly what happened.

Jimmy found out that it was his brother Chuck who didn't want him in his law firm all along, as opposed to Howard (head of the firm) who as it turns out actually did want Jimmy to join. Because Chuck thinks Jimmy is too shady a person to be worthy of that power. This is having a profound impact on Jimmy, who tells Mike he is done playing by the rules.

I went through S1 on Netflix and loved it. So much.

Is the whole series set to be a prequel to Breaking Bad? Or will any of it take place after BB?

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I went through S1 on Netflix and loved it. So much.

Is the whole series set to be a prequel to Breaking Bad? Or will any of it take place after BB?

The first episode had a sequence that took place after Breaking Bad, so presumably the series could definitely and will go in that direction at some point.

Jimmy found out that it was his brother Chuck who didn't want him in his law firm all along, as opposed to Howard (head of the firm) who as it turns out actually did want Jimmy to join. Because Howard thinks Jimmy is too shady a person to be worthy of that power. This is having a profound impact on Jimmy, who tells Mike he is done playing by the rules.

Thanks

I remember now

Robot Pants

Just finished season 1 the other day and wow was I surprised. This show even after 1 season seems to be on par with Breaking Bad. Needless to say I'm very excited about season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom