• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better Call Saul S2 |OT| The Truth Is Just A Point Of View - Mondays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

Yeah but i think the BrBa transition was way too quick and that's kind of partly why i liked Better Call Saul series 1 more

Currently rewatching Series 1 of BCS before the second starts. Forgot how good the post BrBa opening was.

Netflix or Amazon should buy AMC/Sony out to bring this to the all you can watch format. As someone that got through most of BB from binging on Netflix, doing the week to week thing with Saul just wasn't the same. Don't get me wrong it's nice to have something to follow week to week but there's just something about Gilligan's storytelling that lends itself to much more satisfying viewing when getting to take it all in at once.

Hoping Jimmy is a thing of the past. Ready for full-on Saul.

I like the slow evolution they're doing.

And I don't prefer that interpretation of the character. It reminds me too much of people who thought Heisenberg was a split personality of Walter White. "Walter White is dead! Only Heisenberg lives now." It's just a pseudonym. Same in this case.

Saul Goodman is just a cheesy ambulance chaser name after presumably the name Jimmy McGill has lost all currency.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Glad I got a rewatch in before the premiere. Hoping season two will be even better.

Carl

Netflix or Amazon should buy AMC/Sony out to bring this to the all you can watch format. As someone that got through most of BB from binging on Netflix, doing the week to week thing with Saul just wasn't the same. Don't get me wrong it's nice to have something to follow week to week but there's just something about Gilligan's storytelling that lends itself to much more satisfying viewing when getting to take it all in at once.

Eh, i watched BrBa all in 5 days. I feel it would have been much better watching it week to week and having some of those cliffhangers being actual cliffhangers instead of "shit, next episode right now". I like having it weekly.

Eh, i watched BrBa all in 5 days. I feel it would have been much better watching it week to week and having some of those cliffhangers being actual cliffhangers instead of "shit, next episode right now". I like having it weekly.

Yep, its a hell of a struggle. BB is great to binge but it's also great to hit a cliffhanger. I binged S1-4 and watched the rest weekly like everyone else. I feel like thats great way to start a series. Watch the first few seasons binged and if you get hooked join the wekkly club. Also its great to exchange predictions, specially with gaf :) The last season of BB was crazy as hell and it made even crazier with some of the prediction gaf made.

I binged Saul S1 so I'll probably watch it weekly, at least until House of Cards and Daredevil.

Yeah. I actually preferred the week-to-week discussion and speculation in the Breaking Bad GAF threads than if entire seasons were dumped online all in one lump.

And that was how I watched the first four seasons of Breaking Bad, all in one massive binge. I was a little late to the party on the show. It was only from the start of the fifth season on that I watched it as it aired weekly, and I found I preferred that method more.

This is arguably the greatest show on the TV at the moment, including netflix, amazon and hulu. I hope we get one last look at Slippin Jimmy from Chicago.

Spizz

Banned
Loved season 1, looking forward to the new season tonight. Another one of those post BrBa scenes would be nice, but not necessary for me.

Carl

Yep, its a hell of a struggle. BB is great to binge but it's also great to hit a cliffhanger. I binged S1-4 and watched the rest weekly like everyone else. I feel like thats great way to start a series. Watch the first few seasons binged and if you get hooked join the wekkly club. Also its great to exchange predictions, specially with gaf :) The last season of BB was crazy as hell and it made even crazier with some of the prediction gaf made.

I binged Saul S1 so I'll probably watch it weekly, at least until House of Cards and Daredevil.

Yeah. I actually preferred the week-to-week discussion and speculation in the Breaking Bad GAF threads than if entire seasons were dumped online all in one lump.

And that was how I watched the first four seasons of Breaking Bad, all in one massive binge. I was a little late to the party on the show. It was only from the start of the fifth season on that I watched it as it aired weekly, and I found I preferred that method more.

Yeah i was really LTTP with BrBa (watched it just over 2 years ago, after it ended). I am sad i missed out on all of the speculation.

There's something to be said about the camaraderie and water cooler talk that surrounds weekly event television, something that definitely gets lost with the digital era. Somebody needs to come up with some kind of service that replicates that feeling.

There's something to be said about the camaraderie and water cooler talk that surrounds weekly event television, something that definitely gets lost with the digital era. Somebody needs to come up with some kind of service that replicates that feeling.

There's no reason that can't be done digitally. I have no problem with digitally distributed television like Netflix or Amazon, but I would not mind if they released some shows weekly instead of entire seasons all at once.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cant wait, season 1 was outstanding

I'm not expecting this to reach the heights of Breaking Bad, but I'm sure it will be fantastic if the first season is any indication.

ElRenoRaven

Man I can't wait. Been watching the season 1 marathon today. This show really is great. They took a character that you thought was a scumbag and actually managed to make you feel sorry for the guy.

Lothar

Banned
I expected BCS to be amazing. Not like Breaking Bad but close. BB is easily my favorite show ever.

Watching the marathon, I'm reminded that I only really enjoyed two episodes of Season 1. Episodes 2 and 9. Still watching because those episodes were really good. The rest were just okay for me though.

Except for the finale which I absolutely hated.

I was confident it'd be amazing.
Didn't know how but I defended it against the naysayers, I didn't see how Peter and Vince could fail.

I fully admit to being one of this show's skeptics. If I recall correctly, Vince originally floated BCS as a somewhat more sitcom take on Matlock, taking on a wacky case every week, with some fanservice cameos from Breaking Bad to keep people watching. It could have been a lazy cash in on Breaking Bad's success if they went that route.

I was proven wrong.

Carl

I expected BCS to be amazing. Not like Breaking Bad but close. BB is easily my favorite show ever.

Watching the marathon, I'm reminded that I only really enjoyed two episodes of Season 1. Episodes 2 and 9. Still watching because those episodes were really good. The rest were just okay for me though.

Except for the finale which I absolutely hated.

What about Five-O?

Lothar

Banned
What about Five-O?

I loved the final 10 minutes. Jonathan Banks should have won a emmy for that. But I really don't see why it had to be a whole episode. I would have preferred if it didn't flashback to Philly. It reminded of the awesome Half Measures speech from BB. That was fine with Mike just telling the story.

Carl

I loved the final 10 minutes. Jonathan Banks should have won a emmy for that. But I really don't see why it had to be a whole episode. I would have preferred if it didn't flashback to Philly. It reminded of the awesome Half Measures speech from BB. That was fine with Mike just telling the story.

I think it worked great as a whole episode, one of the best between the whole of BrBa and Saul imo :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom