• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Nasser

How are y'all listening to this Britney album it doesn't look like it's available

tumblr_ndb4gwvIJW1tfn6k7o1_500.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
After spending yesterday listening what appears to be one of Britney's best album and in my opinion completes the trinity (ITZ, Blackout & Glory) here's my thoughts on what I want the second & third (maybe fourth) single.

Late Summer/Fall: Slumber Party.
Winter: Just Luv Me.
Spring: Man on The Moon.

I'm already imagining the MV for Slumber Party ugh I really hope she releases it as a single.
I feel like this album has tons of songs that are single-worthy such as, Do You Wanna Come Over?, Better, What You Need, Love Me Down & Hard To Forget Ya. I'm happy with this album, it's a solid pop album and way better than Britney Jean.

tumblr_inline_n349l1VxFz1qexfme.gif

I haven't listened to Frank's album yet, but I read that people say his debut is way better. I will listen hopefully soon

I feel like the song with the most potential to smash is Better. It kind of reminds me of Justin Bieber's current sound; it would fit perfectly with the stuff on the radio right now.

rhandino

Banned
I didn't just come here to dance
If you know what I mean
Do you know what I mean
If you just give me a chance
You'd see what I see
Do you see what I see

7zXiAhO.gif

I didn't just come here to dance
If you know what I mean
Do you know what I mean
If you just give me a chance
You'd see what I see
Do you see what I see

7zXiAhO.gif

rhandino

Banned
Anyone here listened to Frank Ocean new album? I am finding it quite boring tbh but maybe is that I am not in the mood for this rn.

Oh well.

Anyone here listened to Frank Ocean new album? I am finding it quite boring tbh but maybe is that I am not in the mood for this rn.

Oh well.

I'm with you. Might just be my mood lately but this album just feels like a monotonous stream of consciousness so far. And this is coming from someone who adored Channel Orange the whole way through.

I'm with you. Might just be my mood lately but this album just feels like a monotonous stream of consciousness so far. And this is coming from someone who adored Channel Orange the whole way through.
Same. I read something about there being like a 140 hour version of the album and I rolled my eyes.

Should have just been a surprise release. Is there a reason why she's waiting till September, and not giving an actual date?

People might not agree with this but I think she benefits more from having some kind of lead-up hype than just dropping a single randomly. I didn't think so at first, but her creating some buzz beforehand is smart. I've seen a lot more people talking about her and getting excited about the announcement, and I've been hearing her singles a lot more recently too. I think she's planning something unique with this release though. The vague "September" release date is....... peculiar. lol

Oh well.

I've greatly enjoyed what I heard so far, but I haven't listened to the full thing yet. I've enjoyed everything released by him so I don't see Blonde being any different.

But given the last few pages in this thread, I'm not surprised that people aren't liking an actual good album in favor of something else...

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I've greatly enjoyed what I heard so far, but I haven't listened to the full thing yet. I've enjoyed everything released by him so I don't see Blonde being any different.

But given the last few pages in this thread, I'm not surprised that people aren't liking an actual good album in favor of something else...
Liking Britney over Frank Ocean. That's enough to know this needs to be nuked

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Talking about pop music should get this thread nuked and not something like nude begging?

N7xB2Ia.gif

I see nudity as art. Also Im not talking about Pop. Im just talking Britney in 2016 which is like talking about cassettes this year. Nudes are forevah
GPPbFrz.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
After non-stop rotation I'm ready to review Glory I think

Invitation - 8.
Sounds brilliant opening the album, the only place for the song I think. Already mentioned that I love the autotune sound
Make Me... - 6.5
Its decent, shouldn't have been the lead single though
Private Show - 5.5
Its grown on me from thinking it was audible cancer on my first listen. I can feel the catchiness but I don't like her vocals on this and I can leave the production.
Man On The Moon - 6
Catchy, I like her voice and the production. A bit too sweet for me
Just Luv Me - 9
Fucking adore and the first track that goes awf. Complete rip off of Selina's Good For You (well the entire album is kinda a rip of Revival) but I could give no fucks because I love it so much. Longest song on the album and every second is just sublime.
Clumsy - 5
A britney song without a chorus? Nah mate. Verses and pre-chorus are decent but its going to be deleted pretty soon.
Do You Wanna Come Over -7
Best pre-release song, really catchy. I could do with the guys vocals being toned down and the do you want to come over chanting being pushed up for the last chorus
Slumber Party - 8
Such a filthy earworm and I live for it. Could do well as a single. In my mind a sequel to If You Seek Amy for some reason
Just Like Me - 9.5
SHE CAN SHE CAN HAVE YOU
would get a ten if the verses were a bit longer.
Love Me Down - 10
no words just love
Hard To Forget Ya - 8.5
Should have been between this, Better and Liar for lead single. The song that I've been humming the most
What You Need - 3
What I need is to delete. Trying to be Xtina and I aint here for it
Better - 9
Fucking bop and a half. Is it possible to retroactively release this in June?
Change your Mind - 9
Reina de la seducción
Liar - 10
Biggest song on the album for me. Her vocals sound a little too tweaked but idc because the song is fire. End the sweaty man pigs existence
If I'm Dancing - 6
After a string of bops I'm not here for it. Gets worse with every listen. Delete.
Coupure Électrique - 9
Nobody tell me the what the lyrics translate to or how she should pronounce because I do not curr. A sensual bop, a perfect book end pair to Invitation

I'd give the album a solid 8/8.5. Most fun I've had with a record in ages

Aguila

#ICONIC
I see nudity as art. Also Im not talking about Pop. Im just talking Britney in 2016 which is like talking about cassettes this year. Nudes are forevah
GPPbFrz.gif

I think you've been listening to ARTPOP a little tew much lately because I can't follow your argument.

a musician that releases music ≠ an outdated media format

pop music ≠ nudes, sex, cumshot videos, etc

N7xB2Ia.gif

If I'm Dancing - 6
After a string of bops I'm not here for it. Gets worse with every listen. Delete.

sis...

N7xB2Ia.gif

Floridian

Billboard top 10
1. The Chainsmokers ft Halsey - Closer
2. Sia ft Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
3. Major Lazer ft Justin Bieber & MO - Cold Water
4. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
5. Calvin Harris ft Rihanna - This Is What You Came For
6. Twenty One Pilots - Ride
7. Drake - One Dance
8. The Chainsmokers ft Daya - Don't Let Me Down
9. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling
10. Adele - Send My Love

EDM duo The Chainsmokers and featured alt-pop singer-songwriter Halsey crown the Billboard Hot 100 (dated Sept. 3), as "Closer" leaps 6-1 in its third week on the chart. The song marks each act's first trip to the Hot 100's summit.

Poor Lana, Nicki, Ari, etc.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
twenty one pilot are alright to be fair

Looking forward to giving BritKnee's new record a spin!

Is there a song on the same league as Toxic, Womanizer etc. On there?

nothing in that vein
not a fair comparison though because toxic is a top 3 pop song of all time

I can't with the VMAs having only announced 4 performers so far and it airs in like 6 days. lol

Oh and they haven't announced a host either. Hope this complete lack of information works in their favor. :/

technopath

Neo Member
Glory redeemed Britney for the past half decade of disappointments.

It's been a long time since I've given Come On Over a listen but it is still just as good.

qILDe.gif

I prefer "The Woman In Me" but any Shania album is a classic. Too bad we'll all be dead by the time she releases the follow-up to Up!
DueJWZz.jpg

What's everyones top 3 songs off Glory?

If I'm Dancing - if Blackout was made in 2016, it would have more songs like this.
Liar - single #2
Slumber Party - single #3

Honestly the worst songs on Glory are still better than Myah Joan's best tracks.

Top Bottom