• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

cory64

uy0QhFB.gif

So hew will play ha?
Omg the shade in this gif

Frodo

I urge you to listen to RAYE SECOND EP if you still haven't given it a spin already.

(Click ha face!)

It is everything you wish your faves would do. Contemporary sound that sounds fresh, instead of re-branded, tired, and tested sounds processed through cookie-cutter, run-of-the-mill stile of simplicity of the well known manufactured and soulless POP production made to appease the brain-dead, deaf masses.

It doesn't overstay it's welcome and it is cohesive and tight piece of work.

The highlights for me are Shh, with its key changes and dark beats, and Distraction with blissful layered vocals that hit deep. I, U, Us is the leading single and the music video was directed by Charli XCX.

rhandino

Banned
533dd662fb.png

Any of you gave up?
There is a lot of great music out there than I can use while waiting for ha quality to be released so I am not that pressed about her taking her sweet time making this and will only get annoyed if her 2nd album ends up being mediocre like countless 2nd albums tend to be for some reason.

Now, if only I had some news from Ed Sheeran that would be nice =3

Zutroy

Mau ®;214942332 said:
The "Glory" reviews are coming in now. They are ruthless hihihi

I only see two. Slant gave it 7/10 (the same as Lemonade) and NYtimes gave it 5/10, but they also gave Blackout 4/10 so their taste is already confirmed trash and can be ignored.

Nasser

I only see two. Slant gave it 7/10 (the same as Lemonade) and NYtimes gave it 5/10, but they also gave Blackout 4/10 so their taste is already confirmed trash and can be ignored.

LMAO only The NYT review was a bit harsh on Britney. They didn't talk much about the music itself, they were talking about Britney herself, because she's 34 and singing about sex. Judge an album by the body of work, not the artist singing it or their reputation. I wouldn't expect less from a white middle aged sexist straight man to be honest. Objectivity shouldn't be optional.

Also NYT gave Anti the same score...

Mau ®

Frank Ocean deserves the praise. Any album that has songs like "Nikes", "Self Control" & "Futura Free" is worthy of the acclaim.

Also, Britney isn't getting dragged for just singing about sex. She's getting dragged because after 18 years of career, countless life experiences and milestones, it seems that's all she can "sing" about.

Now you want to say you're sorry
Now you want to call me crying
Now you gotta see me wildin'
Now I'm the one that's lying
And I don't feel bad about it
It's exactly what you get
Stop interrupting my grinding

Zutroy

As well as what Nasser said, like 90% of mainstream music is about love, sex or heartbreak so its hardly a unique issue with Britney.

Yes she's gone through a lot but being sectioned, losing custody of her kids and probably close to losing her life is maybe something she's put in her past and wants to keep it that way.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
got half way through frank's album and the only thing of note is the last bit of Nights. the rest just kinda blends into moaning. Will give it a proper listen because of all the praise but I'm not seeing the fuss at the moment.

on the flip side I was singing britney so much in the car I nearly crashed. ha power

Vazduh

533dd662fb.png

Any of you gave up?

People are being extra when it comes to Lorde. I mean, it's not like she released an album in 2008, it was only three years ago, and she released a couple of songs since and featured on Disclosure's last album. Jeez :D

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
There is a lot of great music out there than I can use while waiting for ha quality to be released so I am not that pressed about her taking her sweet time making this and will only get annoyed if her 2nd album ends up being mediocre like countless 2nd albums tend to be for some reason.

Now, if only I had some news from Ed Sheeran that would be nice =3
He said something about this fall, last year in December. So hopefully a single by November and maybe a release in February.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Hey girlies I just came here to say don't forget to buy Glory on iTunes tonight! xoxo

This actually a topic I want to discuss. How many you guys stream vs buy album. Personally I stream everything, except for when it is an artist I really like, however I think this might be the first year in a long time where I haven't bought any albums.

Nasser

This actually a topic I want to discuss. How many you guys stream vs buy album. Personally I stream everything, except for when it is an artist I really like, however I think this might be the first year in a long time where I haven't bought any albums.

I only buy Britney and stream Britney & the rest

MANUELF

Banned

I only buy albums from my faves

rhandino

Banned
Mostly stream and I buy the album of my faves... sometimes.

Yeah.

Mau ®

Stream everything.

Only buy my AOTY and runner ups on Vynil.

Phreaker

I just recently started streaming, with Apple Music. Like you, I would still buy a few albums here and there, but it seems less and less likely for me to continue. I really held off on streaming because I felt once you started, you really can't stop. If you do your whole music collection since joining disappears. I probably spend about the same amount though. On the other hand I listen to a lot of stuff I would never have bought before, so there's that.

rhandino

Banned
After listening to E•MO•TION B Sides like 4 times in a row I can confidently say that this collection of rihjects has managed to become THE Pop eXperience of 2016.

8AEiP2T.gif

Cry, Higher and First Time are currently my Holy Trinity but is so hard to choose when I get to Roses chorus or Carlisus sweet voice starts licking my inner ear during Fever.

Top Bottom