• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Friendly reminder
0O9K5nk.png

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Friendly reminder
I actually agree with that score.
I think it only has maybe one bad song. And also has quite a few so-so ones. However the good songs are really great.

God Knows I Tried, High By the Beach, Freak and Art Deco are some of her best. I think Swan Song, Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood, Music To Watch Boys To and Honeymoon are also really good.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Britney has had over 400 plays from me in the last week
Frank Ocean at 90
tumblr_np4q0ond2Q1qdjbb7o1_500.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
what did you think of her second album?

I always thought her debut was sublime

At first I didnt like the second album because I was wanting more of the same as her debut but after a few more listens I thought it was better overall. Kiss and Not Tell, Sexotheque, Tropical Chancer are life.

At first I didnt like the second album because I was wanting more of the same as her debut but after a few more listens I thought it was better overall. Kiss and Not Tell, Sexotheque, Tropical Chancer are life.

I only listened to Paradise once so it didn't click with me yet

Will give ha another spin to see if it'll work out

I also only found out that she did a collab with Kanye the other day lol

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Finally listened to Britney's new album. I'd give it a 60%. It's not that worst pop album of the year (Meghan's is rly bad), but it is shockingly close. Stand Outs include: Man on the Moon, Just Like Me, and Love Me Down. What drags the album down are: Private Show, Clumsy and Do You Wanna Come Over?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Finally listened to Britney's new album. I'd give it a 60%. It's not that worst pop album of the year (Meghan's is rly bad), but it is shockingly close. Stand Outs include: Man on the Moon, Just Like Me, and Love Me Down. What drags the album down are: Private Show, Clumsy and Do You Wanna Come Over?

but have you listened to the deluxe version
where every track is
Flame.gif~c200
Flame.gif~c200

Every night I go
Every night I go sneaking out the door
I lie a little more, baby I'm helpless
There's something 'bout the night
And the way it hides all the things I like
Little black butterflies
Deep inside me

What would my mama do
(Uh Oh Uh Oh)
If she knew 'bout me and you?
(Uh Oh Uh Oh)
What would my daddy say
(Uh Oh Uh Oh)
If he saw me hurt this way?
(Uh Oh Uh Oh)

Why should I feel ashamed?
Feeling guilty at the mention of your name
Here we are again
It's nearly perfect

What would my mama do
(Uh Oh Uh Oh)
If she knew 'bout me and you?
(Uh Oh Uh Oh)
What would my daddy say
(Uh Oh Uh Oh)
If he saw me hurt this way?
(Uh Oh Uh Oh)
What would my mama do
(Oh Oh)

tumblr_mfvd5yVVjT1s0fz2lo4_250.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
bsides are usually bad but this album is basically sings that could have been on E-MO-TION and it wouldn't have been any less than the 10/10 alber it already is

Higher, The One, Body Language, Roses in particular are just....end me carlysus, we are not worthy

Carly Rae and new Britney has got me back on to the pop train. Two killer albums in one day, 2016 has turned itself around after an inauspicious start. Still haven't listened to Side B enough yet to let it sink it (why they left Cry off of Emotion is puzzling) but I think I got a decent opinion on Glory. I thought the first half of the album was kind of mediocre before it got good towards the end.

Invitation: A decent album opener, it doesn't really do much for me but it isn't skippable. 6/10

Make Me: Best song Britney's put out as a single in a long time. Nice melody and a floatey/dancey instrumental, 9/10

Private Show: Yikes. It sounds like they might have had a good idea in there somewhere and tried to make a song out of it but the whole thing is just awful. 2/10

Man on the Moon: Another decent track. It's listenable but not really anything special. 6/10

Just Luv Me: Same as above but I don't know why, I think it's a notch down. 5/10

Clumsy: Kind of like Private Show I think there's some good ideas in here, the main difference is they actually manage to pull it off. The "Ooops!" hook is kind of lame though. It's an alright song, I just think there's some stuff holding it down. 6/10

Do You Want To Come Over: Same as above. At this point in the album I was getting worried that it would be a bunch of semi-listenable songs with lame ideas holding them back. 5/10

Slumber Party: I like this song. It's nicely structured, kind of mellow but it works really well. 7/10

Just Like Me: Awesome track. Great melody and chorus. The difference in instrumentation between the verse and chorus is great, both sections are great and they go together seamlessly. 9/10

Love Me Down: Another enjoyable track, and the way it builds towards the drop is pretty banging. 8/10

Hard To Forget Ya: Same deal as Love Me Down, although I think the former is a superior song. Sandwiching these two songs together might not have been the best idea as I think this one might have lost it's impact. 7/10

What You Need: Great way to close out the album. The horn stabs/big band jazz vibe is awesome. I always like an album closer that strays from the rest of the album sonically but still manages to not sound out of place or gimmicky. 9/10

79/120 = 65%. Seems about right.

It's definitely a more laid back mellow album but I think it's something I'll be listening to for the rest of the year periodically.

llehuty

lol at Carly's rejects making an AOTY.

Store is a bit weird, but I was expecting something even more ridiculous. In general, very good album with amazing production.

The opening 3 is amazing.

Can we have a Best Album of the year revote already?

Britney on Carpool Karaoke

"What's Oops I Did It Again about?"
"*long pause* ... I dunno"
"You don't know?"
"No.. I think it's just a song"

FUCK lmao

Top Bottom